Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Was there a funeral for Captain Cameo's Crappy Crakoa Adventure?
    There was a candle vigil/ceremony thingy at the Treehouse. Can't recall if it was in the sixth or seventh issue.

I'll play Devil's Advocate. Maybe they sent flowers. Maybe.

Does anyone think Marvel should be working to lessen the hate over Cyclops or make him more interesting in the books?

Cyclops is apparently the second most popular male character on the team(behind Logan), but his treatment in the books is very superficial. Making him Captain Cameo definitely didn't help his image.

There is no lessening the hate. It will always be there.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    There is no lessening the hate. It will always be there.
    I remember when X-Men: Marvel's Snapshots came out, i saw some people saying they sympathized more with Cyclops. There is still a way to lessen the hate.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    I remember when X-Men: Marvel's Snapshots came out, i saw some people saying they sympathized more with Cyclops. There is still a way to lessen the hate.
    Do you mean public perception in the MU? Or do you mean in the general sense? In the MU I don't think he's hated. Pretty well respected imo. If the latter, that would be hard, people are going to have their perception on him from a few different aspects some of which don't do him favors. ie the Maddie situation, and the fox X-Men films, both situations always simplified to the worse situation for him, Leaving his wife and kid for his ex and being a romantic foil to wolverine.

Both stories that have a lot of layers but are always dumbed down to dunk on Scott or elevate another.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Do you mean public perception in the MU? Or do you mean in the general sense? In the MU I don't think he's hated. Pretty well respected imo. If the latter, that would be hard, people are going to have their perception on him from a few different aspects some of which don't do him favors. ie the Maddie situation, and the fox X-Men films, both situations always simplified to the worse situation for him, Leaving his wife and kid for his ex and being a romantic foil to wolverine.
    General sense. I think the whole Fox movies thing could be reversed if the MCU does him justice. As for Madelyne, they could do a retcon or they could do a story where Scott puts an end to the wounds of his relationship with Madelyne. Just as Madelyne's issues with Jean were resolved in Dark Web(that event really missed Scott's chance to work).

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

At this point, the only thing that would possibly lift the Madelyn albatross from Scott's neck is going back in time and undoing Claremont's creepy mistake by having them never meet in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    At this point, the only thing that would possibly lift the Madelyn albatross from Scott's neck is going back in time and undoing Claremont's creepy mistake by having them never meet in the first place.
    I don't disagree. But if they gave Scarlet Witch redemption for M-Day, i think they can fix what's between Scott and Madelyne.

I don't disagree. But if they gave Scarlet Witch redemption for M-Day, i think they can fix what's between Scott and Madelyne.
    Blame Sinister. Maddie's OOC stuff from X-Factor 1 was the final bit of Sinister's programming, in order to push Scott away for when Sinister decided it was time to claim baby Nate in order to perform Science on him. Add in some trigger phrases in Scott (Sinister was able to block Scott from blasting) and the story clears up without needing to blame either one. Except for the actual supervillain, of course.
    Dark does not mean deep.

What should we expect for Cyclops after Fall of X?

I would like to see him lead his own team without Jean and the writers making him badass again.

Fantastic Member

Does anyone think Marvel should be working to lessen the hate over Cyclops or make him more interesting in the books?

Cyclops is apparently the second most popular male character on the team(behind Logan), but his treatment in the books is very superficial. Making him Captain Cameo definitely didn't help his image.
    That is not entirely true, Cyclops is the most popular male character within the X line along with Magneto, Wolverine is the most popular in terms of image within Marvel but he is not important in mutant history, there are many attempts to give him more relevance but the results are not prolonged or have been rejected by the majority of readers, it is true that it has had a solo title for many years but nobody or almost nobody can remember a saga that involves the title of Wolverine, Old man logan is a special case, not to mention that Wolverine is not the protagonist of that series, it is a different version.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    That is not entirely true, Cyclops is the most popular male character within the X line along with Magneto
    I think Cyclops is slightly ahead of Magneto in popularity. He has more commercial products and in lists of popular characters, Cyclops trumps Magneto.

Rumor has it Uncanny X-Men will return. Cyclops and Jean must be part of the same team and Jean will be the leader...

Wow, won't we see Scott be a badass leader again this time if that's true.

Fantastic Member

I think Cyclops is slightly ahead of Magneto in popularity. He has more commercial products and in lists of popular characters, Cyclops trumps Magneto.
    Besides Magneto has never defeated Cyclops, Scott has a good record against the greats of DC and Marvel.

Hopefully Cyclops would end up in the hands of a writer who wishes to use him more, and have stories where he isn't just defined by Jean and his family, like he was so far in the Krakoa era.

Now that X-Men is about to become a stealth Kitty solo, like Marauders was, it would be good to see him in some other title.

The best thing would be a solo comic, even if just a mini, but it won't happen, so having the character getting some stories more about him and less about Jean would be enough.