Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The best thing would be a solo comic, even if just a mini, but it won't happen, so having the character getting some stories more about him and less about Jean would be enough.
    I don't understand why they can't release a solo Cyclops book. He's popular, it wasn't used much in the Krakoa era and everyone else is getting a solo book.

Solos are expensive. Better to get a OGN.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    I think Cyclops is slightly ahead of Magneto in popularity. He has more commercial products and in lists of popular characters, Cyclops trumps Magneto.
    Honestly? I'd say Scott's tied with Kurt as 3rd (or 4th, if you add Deadpool's movie success catapulting his popularity) behind Logan and then Magneto in popularity. Lotsa non-comicbook readers recognize Magneto if only because they can hardly name another antagonist apart from Magneto. Dude's been featured in pretty much every single movie, video game, and merch. And I'm of the belief it's the non-comicbook reading fanbase that generates most of the income for marvel, movies aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Hopefully Cyclops would end up in the hands of a writer who wishes to use him more, and have stories where he isn't just defined by Jean and his family, like he was so far in the Krakoa era.

Now that X-Men is about to become a stealth Kitty solo, like Marauders was, it would be good to see him in some other title.

The best thing would be a solo comic, even if just a mini, but it won't happen, so having the character getting some stories more about him and less about Jean would be enough.
    All things Cyke fans would love to see, but we all know JDW's favorite 'Clops is CuckClops.

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    I don't understand why they can't release a solo Cyclops book. He's popular, it wasn't used much in the Krakoa era and everyone else is getting a solo book.
    My personal theory? No one really likes Cyke enough in editorial to allow him to spread his wings outside the X-Men. No one seems to wanna do anything with Cyke, to the point of erasing all his development throughout the 2000s/2010s.

More likely theory? Editorial realized Cyke's integral to the X-Books. Even when Cyke was killed off, writers had to keep dragging his name through the mud. It's sorta like Jean-- dead!Jean still felt part of the Astonishing / San Francisco / Utopia era and most of their storylines-- except unlike Cyke, Jean was a saint.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Not quite true, the time displaced teen Cyclops had a solo, and then joined the Champions, which is an Avengers office book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not quite true, the time displaced teen Cyclops had a solo, and then joined the Champions, which is an Avengers office book.
    And Tyke was the type of Cyclops editorial likes and he was also one of the talking heads that derided Present Scott during the Inhuman push. The solo was fine but Champions had the Cyclops=Hitler thing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

RB Silva is drawing Cyclops and possibly Kamala Khan for the new Uncanny X-Men(rumor).

https://twitter.com/BrunoMellx/statu...KLns4uYYA&s=19

I'm looking forward to seeing Cyclops and Kamala interact more.
    Last edited by R+R; 07-15-2023 at 07:15 AM.

All-New Member

I thought that Scott wouldnt be in Uncanny X-Men, after his split with Jean and after the rumors that she and Logan will be together in UX.
    I'm glad to know that possibly we will have Scott and Kamala on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunette View Post
    I thought that Scott wouldnt be in Uncanny X-Men, after his split with Jean and after the rumors that she and Logan will be together in UX.
    I'm glad to know that possibly we will have Scott and Kamala on the same team.
    I'll take it. At least he isn't in prison or dead. lol though i guess this confirms gillien is doing uncanny. Not sure if i will pick up though. Need a lot more info.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-15-2023 at 08:40 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    And Tyke was the type of Cyclops editorial likes and he was also one of the talking heads that derided Present Scott during the Inhuman push. The solo was fine but Champions had the Cyclops=Hitler thing.
    That was a pretty big editorial mandate. Tyke was excellent under Rucka, pretty good under Waid, and decent in the 2nd half of his solo under that.....other writer.....the one who did Chew.

Meanwhile, Adult Scott has shown only flashes of readability since Bendis still cared previous to the Neverending Will arc. I'll take Waid's teen Scott (minus the editorial hatewankery) over what we have been given with Adult Scott since then any day. What few good moments he gets now only seem to exist to increase fan disappointment when they amount to nothing.

On my phone so I can't look things up without having to restart the post.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-15-2023 at 09:40 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm all for more Scott and Kamala. It would be a nice surprise if Scott acts as her "mentor" for the X-Men instead of Wolverine.

That being said, I'm not sure how I feel about Scott joining the theorized Uncanny X-Men with Jean leading (if any of it is true). That would mean we went from a "co-led" team to a singular leader after a clash in ideals between Scott and Jean. Something about that doesn't seem right. Especially since there has yet to be any decent resolution to any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I definitely don't miss that era. Some good Cyke moments, but far too much odd fitted hate at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    At this point, the only thing that would possibly lift the Madelyn albatross from Scott's neck is going back in time and undoing Claremont's creepy mistake by having them never meet in the first place.
    Yeah, I don't think it's salvageable. Each attempt to fix the situation only seemed to increase the hate towards Scott. Oddly enough, it's Scott's actions that are typically accepted as in character apart from everything else. I think that speaks for itself.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-15-2023 at 10:22 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

During A.X.E. i felt that Gillen is one of the few writers who remembers who Scott was before Krakoa. If he's taking over the new Uncanny, it could be great for us.

If Jean and Logan really are together, it's the right time to get Scott to move on and make him more independent.

All-New Member

In the last few days on Twitter and Reddit there have been comments saying that Gillen intends to write Jean and Logan together and that he likes the two as a couple.
    I don't know where this rumor came from and if there's any truth to it.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

In the last few days on Twitter and Reddit there have been comments saying that Gillen intends to write Jean and Logan together and that he likes the two as a couple.
    Well, truthful or not, I'm not sure it would make any sense given Scott and Jean's supposed fallout. Logan is generally more cynical than Scott.

I wonder if fans are thinking back to A.X.E. ?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

Which is strange considering that Jean and Scott are still married, X-Office and JDW have said on many occasions that they like them as a couple.

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=xiyon;6534184]Honestly? I'd say Scott's tied with Kurt as 3rd (or 4th, if you add Deadpool's movie success catapulting his popularity) behind Logan and then Magneto in popularity. Lotsa non-comicbook readers recognize Magneto if only because they can hardly name another antagonist apart from Magneto. Dude's been featured in pretty much every single movie, video game, and merch. And I'm of the belief it's the non-comicbook reading fanbase that generates most of the income for marvel, movies aside.

Cyclops is the most popular with readers and subscribers, along with Magneto, these are central to the franchise, along with Storm and Rogue. His presence in the titles must be distributed so that the titles sell every week.
    There are other more "known" characters or with "better products" but that doesn't pay the X-office bills.