Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    This broke me, anyone can be a better leader than Cyclops.

Attachment 133780
    Come on man, you are just depressing yourself with no need.
    It makes perfect sense for Synch to be the next X-men leader in Cyclops absence. He has been Cyclops most reliable friend this entire era and Cyclops has clearly been teaching Synch how to lead the team so one day he can take over

And nowhere in there does it even imply that he is a better leader than Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I don't think they are only using him to prop up other characters. At the beggining of the Krakoa era Hickman made sure to show how he had everything and everyone who loved, he was happy and he didn't need to be the leader of mutantkind anymore.
    All of that falling apart, makes a lot of narrative sense to emulate the fall of the entire era. As far as he knows mutantkind is at an even worse place than after M-day, but now he is restrained, druged, blinded, paralized and with the world likely believing him to be dead.
    He is at the perfect narrative place for whathever he does next being the breaking point of the current narrative, whether it is the X-men rescuing him ahowing there is hope, or him going full Basilisk and blowing the prison up showing the resistance starting to get the upper hand
    It all depends of what comes next right?

Yes, Cyclops having everything, or believing he had, and losing can be a great way of showcase the fall of krakoa, but if his only function in the story is to give a face to the themes, then it's a crap function, at least to me as a fan of the character.

If after this we actually see Scott dealing with the consequences, becoming Basilisk or whatever it could be something really good. But if we take the last 3-4 years in consideration, the most likely is that he will have a issue to talk about it and go back to the sidelines.

Im gonna wait for October issue which seems to be cyclops focused

Cyclops hasn't been treated particularly well in this era, but I'm hopeful that he'll get a chance to shine in Fall of X, both in terms of character and power. There's no way he's not bringing that facility crashing down around ORCHIS' ears once he's freed.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Fantastic Member

Come on man, you are just depressing yourself with no need.
    It makes perfect sense for Synch to be the next X-men leader in Cyclops absence. He has been Cyclops most reliable friend this entire era and Cyclops has clearly been teaching Synch how to lead the team so one day he can take over

And nowhere in there does it even imply that he is a better leader than Cyclops
    I didn't mean Synch, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers are better options for leadership and hope for mutants? Please Buddy, they are there to make us forget their position during AVX.

Fantastic Member

Not really a better choice Scott is unavailable atm because he's captured.

I didn't mean Synch, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers are better options for leadership and hope for mutants? Please Buddy, they are there to make us forget their position during AVX.
    They arent. Tony isnt leading the mutants and Rogers is sharing leadership of the Unity Squad with Rogue, a role she previously held. IMO I have no problem with these two in the mix bc they should. X-fans like to complain that the Avengers are never around when the mutants need them and then have an issue when they are around. If both were absent when Orchis has been openly targeting mutants following the mutants, that would make them look even worse

And Scott was captured. Nothing about that is a knock on his ability to lead. Most probably presume he died when the treehouse was attacked and given that they went undergound, were never able to confirm a body

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It all depends of what comes next right?

Yes, Cyclops having everything, or believing he had, and losing can be a great way of showcase the fall of krakoa, but if his only function in the story is to give a face to the themes, then it's a crap function, at least to me as a fan of the character.

If after this we actually see Scott dealing with the consequences, becoming Basilisk or whatever it could be something really good. But if we take the last 3-4 years in consideration, the most likely is that he will have a issue to talk about it and go back to the sidelines.

I doubt that it's going to be just a coincidence that during the very weird and forced argument he and Jean had in the previous issue he said that he was afraid of the exact thing Orchis ended up doing with Arakko.
    When he is free I'm completely certain that he is going to be more like his Utopia era version
    He worked really well as a pov character and not being the focus of the stories because he had very few conflicts in this era, now that he lost everything it wouldn't make any sense to sideline him (outside of him being captured, I think that's good for Fall of X, the traditional X-men leadership not being there to lead the resistance emphasizes the disastrous situatuin they are in, that's why its good that Xavier was left in Krakoa, even though it makes no sense because there's nothing there)

Everyone mostly forgets about AvX, they don't need to do anything to make people forget about it. It's completely in character for Captain America to be helping the mutant resistance. He is at his best when he is going against the system, the era of Cap as the world's top cop damaged him very badly

I doubt that it's going to be just a coincidence that during the very weird and forced argument he and Jean had in the previous issue he said that he was afraid of the exact thing Orchis ended up doing with Arakko.
    When he is free I'm completely certain that he is going to be more like his Utopia era version
    He worked really well as a pov character and not being the focus of the stories because he had very few conflicts in this era, now that he lost everything it wouldn't make any sense to sideline him (outside of him being captured, I think that's good for Fall of X, the traditional X-men leadership not being there to lead the resistance emphasizes the disastrous situatuin they are in, that's why its good that Xavier was left in Krakoa, even though it makes no sense because there's nothing there)

Everyone mostly forgets about AvX, they don't need to do anything to make people forget about it. It's completely in character for Captain America to be helping the mutant resistance. He is at his best when he is going against the system, the era of Cap as the world's top cop damaged him very badly
    I headcanon that Hydra Stevil happened a little earlier and he was actually the guy in the suit during AvX and suddenly everything Cap did in that crossover makes sense.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They arent. Tony isnt leading the mutants and Rogers is sharing leadership of the Unity Squad with Rogue, a role she previously held. IMO I have no problem with these two in the mix bc they should. X-fans like to complain that the Avengers are never around when the mutants need them and then have an issue when they are around. If both were absent when Orchis has been openly targeting mutants following the mutants, that would make them look even worse

And Scott was captured. Nothing about that is a knock on his ability to lead. Most probably presume he died when the treehouse was attacked and given that they went undergound, were never able to confirm a body
    The knock on Scott we are feeling from Marvel isn't that Scott has been taken out, but that he is ALWAYS taken out for events recently. Quick, tell me the last event where Scott had a positive effect on the plot, and parroting what Jean said in X of Swords doesn't count, since the outcome would have been exactly the same even if he hadn't been there, without even having to alter the dialogue.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The knock on Scott we are feeling from Marvel isn't that Scott has been taken out, but that he is ALWAYS taken out for events recently. Quick, tell me the last event where Scott had a positive effect on the plot, and parroting what Jean said in X of Swords doesn't count, since the outcome would have been exactly the same even if he hadn't been there, without even having to alter the dialogue.

Thank you, that was what I was trying to express.

I'm starting to wonder if Duggan really likes Scott.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think he dislikes Cyke per se, but Scott is clearly a character he has been told has to be a regular rather than one he actually is interested in writing full time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't want to imagine how he would write it if he didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't think he dislikes Cyke per se, but Scott is clearly a character he has been told has to be a regular rather than one he actually is interested in writing full time.
    Exactly. Duggan clearly have great interest in Synch and Talon, and he basically imported Emma and Kitty into his X-Men run so he can keep telling their stories. Cyclops is just someone editorial asked him to put on the team.