Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    The importance of Cyclops in the MCU will depend mainly on the "standing" of the actor who will play his role. As long as we don't know the cast, there's no reason to be so pessimistic imo.
    Especially since the leader in the MCU always has an important role, just see Starlord and Cap America or even Ikaris.
    The problem is there is a not so little chance that he won't be the leader.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Yes, the only way we can be sure Cyclops will be important is if they make him a villain like Ikaris.
    Or maybe an anti-hero who is closer to the Byronic hero type. He starts out as a classical anti-hero type who is an insecure and somewhat paranoid introvert who has to pull up the facade of being a headstrong, stoic and genus leader (the last part is true) and a lone wolf figure devoted to his mentor's dreams and visions. But as time progressed he became a 90's anti-hero type character who develops into a more assertive and ruthless person as time progresses. It becomes worse after the Dark Phoenix Saga, where we see him as a Byronic character. For me, that's the perfect journey for Scott. He had to be seen as an anti-hero and developed in a more human way. When Stan Lee created him, he said that Cyclops is one of his favourites because he's a tortured soul and he loves the trope and that is the root for all things anti-heroes and especially byronic heroes.

If he's in the movie, he'll probably be the field leader. Less certain for the male lead role, but there is currently no reason to be particularly negative about it.
    I doubt he'll get the same treatment as in the Foxverse, we'll have an answer with his cast.

Wow, Scotts thread dropped to page 3. I've been away for a few years and thought I'd check in and see if Marvel is still doing Scott dirty. Based on the activity (or lack thereof) doesn't appear much of anything is happening. Anything actually good happening with Cyke since the start of the Hickman's run?

He's leading the X-Men, he's just not particularly interesting on his own the unless person writing him is polarizing and takes his character in a direction that'll piss everyone off (Morrison, Bendis) so how much is there to say? No shade, NXM and Rightclops are my favorite versions of him.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    He's leading the X-Men, he's just not particularly interesting on his own the unless person writing him is polarizing and takes his character in a direction that'll piss everyone off (Morrison, Bendis) so how much is there to say? No shade, NXM and Rightclops are my favorite versions of him.
    Scott seems to require drama to propel his character, just like every other mutant. Given that he's in a comic book you'd think that wouldn't be hard to come by. At the start of the hickman run it was obvious that Marvel was planning to shelf Scott, probably for good. Capt Cameo just wasn't satisfying which is why I dropped the books in the first place. As much as I disliked all the crap he had to take in NXM, Schism, Utopia, AvX and IvX, at least the guy had something to do. I'm honestly not sure why Marvel brought him back if they're just going to make him wallpaper.

He did just save his dad from dying at the hands of the Brood. Before that he was involved in a storyline that saw the secret of mutant resurrection hitting the human press, because of him. He's not exactly wallpaper, he's just Standard Team Leader Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    He did just save his dad from dying at the hands of the Brood. Before that he was involved in a storyline that saw the secret of mutant resurrection hitting the human press, because of him. He's not exactly wallpaper, he's just Standard Team Leader Cyclops.
    Which book is that? Might be worth checking out.

i remember many people theorizing a sort of schism between the Council and the X-Men team, even though I don't necessarily see this happening I think if it were to happen this would be a great story for Scott
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Which book is that? Might be worth checking out.
    it was in X-Men #12, right before the 2nd Hellfire Gala
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    i remember many people theorizing a sort of schism between the Council and the X-Men team, even though I don't necessarily see this happening I think if it were to happen this would be a great story for Scott
    I agree. Depending on how much is remembered about Sins of Sinister, a case could be made of how unelected representatives are no longer a good idea.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

it was in X-Men #12, right before the 2nd Hellfire Gala
    Thanks for that. I'll have a look.

Any event that Scott can be "blamed" for I'm not in favour of. I'm not sure if Marvel has got that out of their system yet and I don't trust the X-Office. If it's done in a way where Scott comes out verily clean, then I'd be totally in favour of that. Of course being three years behind, I don't really know why such a Schism would occur but I assume it's got something to do with Charles and Eric being shady.

I was hoping when they brought Scott back that they'd do an XFactor style book. Not necessarily the same setup, but a small team isolated from the rest of the X-Men. There's was a lot to put straight with Scott and a book that focused at least to some extent on that would have been nice. Marvel rarely does closure unfortunately. Rosenberg really just dealt with the mechanics of bringing him back and Hickman just hand-waved the entire situation.

Nothing really importants happening with Scott.

Using this time to read up some DC.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Even the important stuff Scott is doing seems to be in the background currently. Or derailed by other writers. Scott was supposed to be involved in whatever was happening with Vulcan,.but when Vulcan got used by someone other than Hickman they forgot his 2 friends were supposed to be figments of his imagination, so the breakdown was delayed until other plans happened to pull Scott away. Then when Scott revealed reincarnation to the world the big event happened and Cap was brought back, taking away any long term drama that could have caused for Scott and shifting it elsewhere.
    Dark does not mean deep.