Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I'd like Scott and Kamala interacting more if I wasn't convinced that it'd get dropped out of nowhere the second the chemistry starts building momentum like with practically every other young teammate he seems to start bonding with.

Also, did he give her Tyke's crappy X-gloves from that Blue costume?

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...lops_and_jean/

I was looking at reddit and I just don't understand why people get mad when some Cyclops fan says the Krakoa era isn't doing Scott justice or when we want him separated from Jean.

Duggan made Jott very dirty. He constantly belittles Scott to uplift Jean in her run. He had Nightmare say that Jean's dreams were more interesting, he had Jean say that only she can step on Scott, he had Scott summarize her story in Jean for the Celestial. Hell, Scott couldn't even beat Jean at jokenpo.

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...lops_and_jean/
    I was looking at reddit and I just don't understand why people get mad when some Cyclops fan says the Krakoa era isn't doing Scott justice or when we want him separated from Jean.
    I agree. It just doesn't seem like a relationship that makes either party more likable. It feels like it's done as an obligation to honor previous decades worth of stories but today, the love just doesn't seem authentic.

Peter and MJ is much more likable and isn't allowed to exist. Why do we have to be saddled with the miserable Scott/Jean pairing?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

During A.X.E. i felt that Gillen is one of the few writers who remembers who Scott was before Krakoa. If he's taking over the new Uncanny, it could be great for us.
    If memory serves correctly, Gillen's totally not self-insert villain gave Scott a "ah-ha you suck, let's call it 'bravery', lolololol!" trollrific upvote for putting up with Jean's crap. That was, I think, after the "Scott is a great leader buuuuttttt..." thingy, but before the "Oh, Logan, I had one downvote, please tell me I'm a gooooood girl!"

So, yeah, I would cleary be expecting great things if Gillen wrote a book with Jean, Scott and Logan in it. Totally not Duggan 2.0 but with superior dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I'd like Scott and Kamala interacting more if I wasn't convinced that it'd get dropped out of nowhere the second the chemistry starts building momentum like with practically every other young teammate he seems to start bonding with.
    Totally not kidding here, but if Scott was somehow blamed for Kamala's (most likely) MCU woes, I wouldn't even blink.

I'm glad Ms. Marvel will be back soon. Her death was just a stupid idea and so badly planned. Hope she gets a few scenes with Cyke too.

On another note, I was thinking about that ambulance rushing away from the scene of the burning treehouse and where Cyke fell and remembered something from an earlier issue. Who else drove an ambulance in X-Men? This annoying mf:

Nathaniel_Essex_(Doctor_Stasis)_(Earth-616)_from_X-Men_Vol_6_11_001.jpg

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post

Also, did he give her Tyke's crappy X-gloves from that Blue costume?
    Legit my biggest fear is that in the longrun they're going to relegate Kamala to being Logan's next teen sidekick because Superhero comics are often so high on their own nostalgia.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I was reading Immortal X-Men #9 and I see that Cy-Cat in one page being rebellious against Sinister was better than Cyclops throughout Duggan's run. lol

In issue #10, Cyclops is acting like a truly competent leader. I really like how Gillen writes Cyclops. It was this Cyclops that we should have seen from the beginning of the Krakoa era.
    Last edited by R+R; 07-18-2023 at 03:53 PM.

I like this animated version of Cyclops. He's not the leader but he's still a badass. The look is great too.

Check out the scenes where he uses his powers:

People often say that Cyclops from X-Men Evolution is a good version of his character but there was nothing interesting about him there other than facing Juggernaut.

And thats where we differ.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

I like this animated version of Cyclops. He's not the leader but he's still a badass. The look is great too.

Check out the scenes where he uses his powers:

People often say that Cyclops from X-Men Evolution is a good version of his character but there was nothing interesting about him there other than facing Juggernaut.
    Did not like this cyclops at all, One dimensional boring and just the emo angry guy. I'm def not a fan of that type of Cyclops at all, and it doesn't work for who Scott is fundamentally. While evolution Scott is the best most complex version of Cyclops in any medium outside of the comics we've ever gotten. And if you think the only good thing of him was fighting juggernaunt I'm not sure what you like about the character, because WATXM version is not Scott at all, other then his actual powers, and being emotional over Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Did not like this cyclops at all, One dimensional boring and just the emo angry guy. I'm def not a fan of that type of Cyclops at all, and it doesn't work for who Scott is fundamentally. While evolution Scott is the best most complex version of Cyclops in any medium outside of the comics we've ever gotten. And if you think the only good thing of him was fighting juggernaunt I'm not sure what you like about the character, because WATXM version is not Scott at all, other then his actual powers, and being emotional over Jean.
    Being emotional over Jean is who Cyclops has been in the books for a long time. lol.

Cyclops being an angry emo is an interesting version of him for me. That's basically who he was in the books of the 2010s. I can't find Evolution's Cyclops very interesting, I just see him as a naive teenager who often gets his ass kicked by Mystique. He is different from the great cold and troubled leader that Scott 616 is. WATXM's Cyclops might not be the leader, but you can tell the writers were interested in writing him. He was fine kicking the Marauders and Brotherhood ass by himself.
    Last edited by R+R; 07-19-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Fantastic Member

Being emotional over Jean is who Cyclops has been in the books for a long time. lol.

Cyclops being an angry emo is an interesting version of him for me. That's basically who he was in the books of the 2010s. I can't find Evolution's Cyclops very interesting, I just see him as a naive teenager who often gets his ass kicked by Mystique. He is different from the great cold and troubled leader that Scott 616 is. WATXM's Cyclops might not be the leader, but you can tell the writers were interested in writing him. He was fine kicking the Marauders and Brotherhood ass by himself.
    The part about Jean was what I said WATXM did right. He gets beaten by mystique once, the episode you mention about juggernaut is a great episode about Scott in general. Also he's not 616 Cyclops yet, he's still a naive teenager who literally has to grow up and take care a whole unit by himself (with help from Jean) Evolution to me shows writers Wanted to write Scott, WATXM felt like they just wanted to make him a different character because they didn't want to write a real Scott Summers.

Also Scott in the mid 2000's was not emo. Peak emo Scott is Claremont. Like 2000 Scott is the complete opposite of emo.
    Last edited by Neocide; 07-20-2023 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    The part about Jean was what I said WATXM did right. He gets beaten by mystique once, the episode you mention about juggernaut is a great episode about Scott in general. Also he's not 616 Cyclops yet, he's still a naive teenager who literally has to grow up and take care a whole unit by himself (with help from Jean) Evolution to me shows writers Wanted to write Scott, WATXM felt like they just wanted to make him a different character because they didn't want to write a real Scott Summers.

Also Scott in the mid 2000's was not emo. Peak emo Scott is Claremont. Like 2000 Scott is the complete opposite of emo.
    Scott is thrown off a cliff by Mystique in an episode where he and Rogue are on a school trip. There's an entire episode where Scott is getting beat up by Mystique and he's beaten by her pretty quickly in the last episode. And you said it yourself, Evolution's Scott is not Cyclops 616, and since the show was cancelled, we never saw him become anything more than a naive teenager.

And announcing a revolution that was actually a bluff seems a little emo to me.
    Last edited by R+R; 07-20-2023 at 04:57 AM.

Fantastic Member

Scott is thrown off a cliff by Mystique in an episode where he and Rogue are on a school trip. There's an entire episode where Scott is getting beat up by Mystique and he's beaten by her pretty quickly in the last episode. And you said it yourself, Evolution's Scott is not Cyclops 616, and since the show was cancelled, we never saw him become anything more than a naive teenager.

And announcing a revolution that was actually a bluff seems a little emo to me.
    That's not emo imo. Feeling bad that it's your fault your teammate died or not being able to express your feelings to the girl you've been in love with forever is way more emo.

Also the ep where mystique beats him up is because she's pissed about the influence he has on the other kids. Also she takes advantage of the situation. Him getting beat up in a story where a lot of it is how Scott manages to survive and stay somewhat calm but I guess we're just gonna overlook that because he got beat up by mystique lol. C'mon.

He's not 616 no but he was on his way to being him. He's also shown to be a great leader shown to assert himself shown to step up when he has to, but he got beat up mystique and doesn't have a cool jacket so nothing else is important lol

Spectacular Member

Cyclops is in issue 27 of X-Men. The solicitations were released this morning