Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Since Marvel refuses to write any decent Cyclops stories, I feel like dipping into the ficlet well again. Sometime soon, but set after Fall of X.
    What would be a decent Cyclops story? What does Scott need to be relevant again?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Since Marvel refuses to write any decent Cyclops stories, I feel like dipping into the ficlet well again. Sometime soon, but set after Fall of X.
    I'm trying to think of a good story he had a prominent role in within the last decade and I'm drawing a blank.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    What would be a decent Cyclops story? What does Scott need to be relevant again?
    They always want Scott to be a main character in xmen like he used to be in 00s/early 10s. Some fans can’t really get over that cyclops isn’t the most important mutant and is part of a nation instead of being a leader of the whole mutantkind

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    They always want Scott to be a main character in xmen like he used to be in 00s/early 10s. Some fans can’t really get over that cyclops isn’t the most important mutant and is part of a nation instead of being a leader of the whole mutantkind
    I just want him to be AN important mutant.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I just want him to be AN important mutant.
    Right now only council members are important mutants for xoffice

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Literally no one here is saying that and coming into his appreciation thread saying this makes no sense. :/

Fantastic Member

ok, Cyclops is not the most important mutant, ok. Cyclops is part of a mutant nation, ok.
    but nobody wants to read the same stories from 20 years ago, nobody wants to read about incompetent characters.
    so are we wrong for wanting a bit of quality in a character we care about?
    are we wrong for spending money on a well written character?
    I think you're confused about what we want for Cyclops.

Casual comic fan here. In response to that rumor of Gillen re-launching the X-men, does Gillen like Cyclops as a character? I remember Gillen's name from his time writing Uncanny around 2011 and I want to say people felt his series was good and Cyclops was handled as well as he could be with the AVX story going on around then. I'm just wondering if the rumor is true, is Gillen the sort of writer likely to use and like Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Casual comic fan here. In response to that rumor of Gillen re-launching the X-men, does Gillen like Cyclops as a character? I remember Gillen's name from his time writing Uncanny around 2011 and I want to say people felt his series was good and Cyclops was handled as well as he could be with the AVX story going on around then. I'm just wondering if the rumor is true, is Gillen the sort of writer likely to use and like Cyclops.
    It really depends, I don't think Gillen have any particular love or hatred for the character, he was given Uncanny X-men at a time where it was Cyclops's book, the job was to give Scott a good story and Gillen did just that.

If Gillen is writing Uncanny X-Men the question we have to make is, does he want to write about Cyclops? Honestly, I don't think he is going to be asking White/Duggan to take Cyclops out of X-Men, but I can see him asking for Jean, he said is the one character he didn't get to properly write in his Uncanny run.

Also, I still believe Scott is getting take of the board in the near future, Orlando's Fall of X prelude is probably his last role before getting axed in the Gala special.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    I have an idea for a Cyclops story. How about Captain America asking Cyke to lead a team of Avengers on a mission where he needs a leader and strategist of Cyke's caliber? It might be nice to see both civilian and hero once again appreciating Cyke for his commitment and sacrifice to save the world. The Avengers would not only give him the responsibility, but also fame and adoration. Things Cyke has never had. Those could create a whole new slew of problems and storylines for him.

I always thought he should have been the leader of the thunderbolts after avx, it would have been a nice ark where he existed outside of the x-men and even made friends like Eddie Brock or something weird like that. Maybe even had a romance with Black Cat or someone like that. IDK but that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I always thought he should have been the leader of the thunderbolts after avx, it would have been a nice ark where he existed outside of the x-men and even made friends like Eddie Brock or something weird like that. Maybe even had a romance with Black Cat or someone like that. IDK but that ship has sailed.
    Cyclops in an Avengers team don't appeal to me, but in the Thunderbolts I could like it.

Scott had a nice cameo with Kurt in Sons of Sinister. That's something.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I have an idea for a Cyclops story. How about Captain America asking Cyke to lead a team of Avengers on a mission where he needs a leader and strategist of Cyke's caliber? It might be nice to see both civilian and hero once again appreciating Cyke for his commitment and sacrifice to save the world. The Avengers would not only give him the responsibility, but also fame and adoration. Things Cyke has never had. Those could create a whole new slew of problems and storylines for him.
    I thought Scott would be in Uncanny Avengers, until this year's Hellfire gala preview came out.
    descarga.jpg

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Also, I still believe Scott is getting take of the board in the near future, Orlando's Fall of X prelude is probably his last role before getting axed in the Gala special.
    The dude dared to have a disagreement with Her Highness. *Of course* he's being taken off the board, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott had a nice cameo with Kurt in Sons of Sinister. That's something.
    Lemme guess, Cyke mostly just stood there and listened to Kurt bitching about being a fail cult leader and Krakoa not being woke enough?