Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

As always Jbenito deverves a lot of praises for saving me from having to check out what's going on.

It was basically what we expected, right? Cyclops get the shit beaten out of him, cried over Jean and taken off the board for the duration of the Fall of X.

We already knew how incompetent and dumb he was since the Free Comic Book, or even before that given his overall role since the begining of Krakoa.

Hopefully now he isn't a X-Men anymore, and after the entire ordeal of FoX, we'll get lucky and he end up in the hands of someone who have bigger and better plans for the character.

But is always good to remember Beast is one of the most important players since Krakoa started and his fans don't like a bit what have been done to him, so we may end up with Scott in a huge role we all detest.

So let's hope Cyclops gets not just a bigger role in the near future, but also a better and heroic one.

P.S.: Superman: The Last Days of Lex Luthor#1 was great, so was the last part of Cantwell and Rodriguez's Superman story in Brave and the Bold. Maybe I'm wanting too much, expecting both my favorite DC character and my favorite Marvel character to have great stories at the same time.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 07-26-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    As always Jbenito deverves a lot of praises for saving me from having to check out what's going on.

It was basically what we expected, right? Cyclops get the shit beaten out of him, cried over Jean and taken off the board for the duration of the Fall of X.

We already knew how incompetent and dumb he was since the Free Comic Book, or even before that given his overall role since the begining of Krakoa.

Hopefully now he isn't a X-Men anymore, and after the entire ordeal of FoX, we'll get lucky and he end up in the hands of someone who have bigger and better plans for the character.

But is always good to remember Beast is one of the most important players since Krakoa started and his fans don't like a bit what have been done to him, so we may end up with Scott in a huge role we all detest.

So let's hope Cyclops gets not just a bigger role in the near future, but also a better and heroic one.

P.S.: Superman: The Last Days of Lex Luthor#1 was great, so was the last part of Cantwell and Rodriguez's Superman story in Brave and the Bold. Maybe I'm wanting too much, expecting both my favorite DC character and my favorite Marvel character to have great stories at the same time.

We already know that he will be in X men 27 or 28 I forgot. According to rumors, he will have a role in Fall of X. So I don't expect anything but it wouldn't make sense for him to survive and not be present during the event. A good or bad thing, given his year 2023 I think it will be bad but hey, let's see.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Well, my thing is, why capture him/keep him alive in the first place? Just to torture him makes no sense when all Orchis wants to do is kill mutants. I could see it Jean had planted the suggestion in Stasis's mind when doing the fake traitor thing with Angelica, but I doubt that happened.

I guess we'll get the answers eventually, but I feel like they'll be as contrived and stupid as seemingly everything that involves Orchis seems to be.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Well, my thing is, why capture him/keep him alive in the first place? Just to torture him makes no sense when all Orchis wants to do is kill mutants. I could see it Jean had planted the suggestion in Stasis's mind when doing the fake traitor thing with Angelica, but I doubt that happened.

I guess we'll get the answers eventually, but I feel like they'll be as contrived and stupid as seemingly everything that involves Orchis seems to be.
    I think it'll be used to either
    A.make some X-Men realize firestar is working for them when she perhaps rescues him. Or
    B. It's setup for Kamala to rescue him or kitty.

No matter what for the first few months he's going to be a plot device again, that's for sure.

JDW talking about Scott and Jean's relationship at the Hellfire Gala.

It's a big bit of growth for Scott to be chasing Jean again...

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post

Until further notice, I'm joining the Cable thread.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Idk. Imo white meant that Scott for the 1st time chose his private life over being an xman so basically what Hickman wanted since the beginning

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Idk. Imo white meant that Scott for the 1st time chose his private life over being an xman so basically what Hickman wanted since the beginning
    An okay idea in theory, but the execution was terrible. It kind of defeats the purpose for the entire thing. While I may be a fan of the couple, their writing has been abysmal. I'm still not even sure what required them to leave the X-men and fix. What's even worse, is the whole thing seemed one sided. I'm not sure this is that great a moment of growth as JDW would think.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Until further notice, I'm joining the Cable thread.
    I don't blame you. I'm considering a break myself. Might just pop in for Gray Lensman's story.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-26-2023 at 02:32 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Sounds boring to Scott. The writers aren't giving Scott anything to do. His private life is so important that he hasn't even made peace with Madelyne(whom Jean said was part of her family). When was the last time he talked to old Cable or Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    An okay idea in theory, but the execution was terrible. It kind of defeats the purpose for the entire thing. While I may be a fan of the couple, their writing has been abysmal. I'm still not even sure what required them to leave the X-men and fix. What's even worse, is the whole thing seemed one sided. I'm not sure this is that great a moment of growth as JDW would think.

I don't blame you. I'm considering a break myself. Might just pop in for Gray Lensman's story.
    The writing was terrible. I assume they used drama as an excuse to make them step down from leading and let synch become new leader

Sounds boring to Scott. The writers aren't giving Scott anything to do. His private life is so important that he hasn't even made peace with Madelyne(whom Jean said was part of her family). When was the last time he talked to old Cable or Rachel?
    Let’s say with apocalypse’s return we might get Hickman’s original plan which included a conflict between cyclops and apocalypse and their families would be involved in that conflict

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The writing was terrible. I assume they used drama as an excuse to make them step down from leading and let synch become new leader
    They could have just decided to hand off the torch of leadership on their own. This drama was really unnecessary.

Yet, that isn't the only problem now. Kind of hard to root for them at this point.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-26-2023 at 02:45 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Synch is leading the team from start, let's be honest here. The most likely scenario, imo, is that whoever asked to write Jean next, probably Gillen, is also getting Cyclops, they are, I'm sure, a package deal, "if you want Jean you have to take Scott too".

Not saying Duggan wanted to get rid of Cyclops, but considering every story he had somehow revolved around Jean, as soon as she is gone from something the writers probably don't have any use for Cyclops.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. Duggan has been 500% obsessing over Jean and powering up to godhood in all but name while rewriting the crap out of Scott's core personality so he could nerf him across the board and use him as a literall punching bag/**** doll, but, hey, Scott fiiinally realized that one-sided attempts at bullying/manipulation were a key component of any healthy relationship, so let's refer to it as 'growth'. I just can't, lol.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-26-2023 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Le sigh. Duggan has been 500% obsessing over Jean and powering up to godhood in all but name while rewriting the crap out of Scott's core personality so he could nerf him across the board and use him as a literall punching bag/**** doll, but, hey, Scott fiiinally realized that the realized that one-sided attempts at bullying/manipulation were a key component of any healthy relationship, so let's refer to it as 'growth'. I just can't, lol.
    "The Krakoa era has been very good for Scott"