Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Speaking of women with a bird motif, and captains with too much angst over doomed love, have you seen Ladyhawke? Your post made me think of it...
    No, Im not familiar with that

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Some in the Gala that are kicking around the rumor that Scott's gonna be like a crippled Xavier now and that's just a big ol' bag of NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Some in the Gala that are kicking around the rumor that Scott's gonna be like a crippled Xavier now and that's just a big ol' bag of NOPE.
    a wheel chair powered by his optic blast could be interesting
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, Im not familiar with that
    LadyHawke is an 80s low fantasy film starring Rutger Hauer, Matthew Broderick, and Michelle Pfeiffer. The film follows Broderick's character, who escaped from an inescapable prison, and then gets drawn into the drama around 2 doomed lovers, cursed by their enemy to never be together. She becomes a hawk by day, and he a wolf by night, catching glimpses of each other at twilight (but never being able to touch each other) until they can confront their tormentor together. A good film, but the wrong soundtrack. Electric guitars don't belong in medieval fics.
    Dark does not mean deep.

It would be interesting if that happened. But it won't. A beautiful picture though.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

So that's where Charmed got the idea for that one episode from. Only thing they did differently was switch the animals the could turned into.

Looks like we'd get a nice hug from Scott and Kamala in Hellfire Gala in the beautiful art by RB Silva.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._for_the_2023/

No sign of new Uncanny X-Men written by Gillen.
    Last edited by R+R; 07-27-2023 at 01:14 PM.

So guys, are you ready for a least a year of Cyclops in a wheelchair feeling inadequate because he can't go on field missions and having to see all the banter between Jean and Logan while he stays behind?

While we are supposed to be happy he is becoming Xavier and training the next generation of mutants who will never amount to nothing more than cannon folder for future events?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So guys, are you ready for a least a year of Cyclops in a wheelchair feeling inadequate because he can't go on field missions and having to see all the banter between Jean and Logan while he stays behind?
    I'm ready for Cyclops in X-Men '97.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    While we are supposed to be happy
    Others will say this is an amazing age for Cyclops.

People often compare Cyclops to Patton, but the book I am reading convinces me even more that Patton is the wrong military Commander to base off of. The correct answer is looking like Ulysses S. Grant.

Military genius, but personal failures. Fought for equality harder than any other President between Lincoln and Johnson, but gets his name dragged through the mud due to the combination of trusting the wrong people and of course, having fought against the Marble Man and symbol of his short lived nation known as Lee.

The parallels are....dare I say it.....uncanny.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Is it a rumor or is just people reaching the logical conclusion of him saying that he doesn't feel his legs?
    Because on one hand it makes sense that during fall of x he would be crippled and when it ends and everyone is back he would be healed, plus the first time he appears in any cover or solicit in fall of x is about him being captured and tortured (which could likely be that the ambulance where he is being taken is kidnapping him).
    On the other hand he is going to appear in the annual fighting Cpt Marvel, and its already a very one-sided fight when comparing powers, but Cpt Marvel fighting Cyclops in a wheelchair would be quite weird

Mighty Member

Just gotta say, Utopia lead by Scott survived an army of Nimrods, and literally took Logan throwing a hissy fit to divide the x-men, an entire planet of metahumans, and a phoenix high sending Scott into a psychedelic trip, to finally fall....

...and Krakoa lead by ???? fell to, what, one Nimrod?

idk.

Lazy writing sure makes hilarious shit hahaha
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Just gotta say, Utopia lead by Scott survived an army of Nimrods, and literally took Logan throwing a hissy fit to divide the x-men, an entire planet of metahumans, and a phoenix high sending Scott into a psychedelic trip, to finally fall....

...and Krakoa lead by ???? fell to, what, one Nimrod?

idk.

Lazy writing sure makes hilarious shit hahaha
    It wasnt just one Nimrod but a legion of sentinels. And I dont think the two situations can be directly compared. Krakoa fell bc Xavier was blackmailed not bc the mutants couldnt take on the sentinels. He didnt concede until he realized the drugs were compromised and that Orchis had the means to kill every human that has used their drugs and he had every reason to buy that given Sins of Sinister

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    -----We interrupt our story for a visit with Emma Frost-----

Winding down the corridors of a Hand training facility, flush with guards but none able to notice the white clad woman walking among them, neither did they care that she was entering doors forbidden even to them. Nor did they see the contemptuous glances she had for each of them as she passed by, as they were still of the mind that all was well. But she had noticed that someone else was also here, mere minutes ahead of her. Whoever had beaten her to this place was very, very good, Emma thought. She had spent years with the best. Wolverine, Psylocke, Shadowcat, Gambit, Storm, all experts at gaining entry to places they did not belong. None of them as quiet at the person she found herself behind. She had only noticed due to the void that showed up to her telepathic senses, something different than simply nothing being there. Hopefully whoever it was wasn't after the same information she was. It would be a bother having to get her hands dirty, but many of the disruptions to the shipment of Krakoan medicines could be traced here.

"You aren't one of the denizens of this pace." came a voice out of the shadows to Emma's right. "I think you have come here for the same reasons I have. You are hoping they know things that you do not."

Emma turned to the voice. Some indeterminable Gaelic accent. Not Scottish, nor Irish, as she was very familiar with both of those. She had less exposure to Welsh, Manx, or Cornish, but this didn't seem to fit any of those either. "And how do I know our interests are actually aligned? That you aren't planning on keeping me from what I seek?"

"I don't foresee us crossing blades just yet." The woman came into view. She wasn't in any costume, merely dark street clothes. Long black hair in a braid, and gray eyes. A muscular yet still somewhat feminine build, to Emma's eyes, anyways. And the woman stood taller than most men, almost but not quite tall enough to have looked Scott in the eyes if he had been here. "By the path you have taken I think you know exactly where to go. I figure I can follow you and I'll deal with the one in charge here."

"Very generous of you." Emma started walking towards their eventual goal. "I am the White Queen of the Hellfire Club..:"

"What exactly is a Hellfire Club?" the stranger interrupted.

Emma's temper started to rise, but she didn't let it show in her voice. "A circle of elite..."

"A social club?" The woman interrupted again "Queens rule nations, not knitting circles." She kicked the double doors open, revealing the records room both were apparently after. As well as a welcoming committee that had been waiting for them.

2 dozen of their Ninja, outfitted with telepathic dampeners and energized weapons that could probably hurt even her diamond form.

And the Task Master.
    Are you still continuing this? It's one of the few bright spots I have as a Cyclops fan right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    Are you still continuing this? It's one of the few bright spots I have as a Cyclops fan right now.
    Yes, I'm just on site right now. The fun of having a job when the building isn't complete yet. Travel for training! This week is Bowling Green.
    Dark does not mean deep.