Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Th Utopia costume was better

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I agree! I especially love the golden gauntlets so I'm glad they incorporated that into his Krakoa blue gear albeit silver. I have a fantastic commission by Dima Ivanov from years ago where he's sporting that gear.

11b48c4d-f27a-4176-901b-b5e5268632dd.jpg

Speaking of costumes, what do people here think of Cyclops' look at the Hellfire Gala 2023? I wish they hadn't made the skin gray.

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    Speaking of costumes, what do people here think of Cyclops' look at the Hellfire Gala 2023? I wish they hadn't made the skin gray.
    100% agree, the best gala suit he had, I liked it better without the full face mask, without the lower half it looked better, I hate that he barely even had any time to show it

Cyclops do have some great suits.

The current one is really good, but I would like to see it without the full head cover, like the Jim Lee one, maybe with a his aviator jacket over it.

The Basilisk uniform from Age of X was great too, maybe incorporate the mask and visor.

Really interesting article I read in Black Nerd Problems, they, in particular Omar Holmon have been doing a great job in promoting Cyclops.

https://blacknerdproblems.com/anatom...mmers-day-off/

Krakoa costume is good but if Scott gets a new run where he is well written I hope he uses another costume.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    I think it's less gray skin and more gray mask + gloves.

That being said, my personal favorite is the 2022 version, especially the preview version but the one for the actual gala was great too.

Aaaand back again......

Miles' spider sense went off before he opened the front door to his family apartment, but he wasn't prepared for what set it off. Instead of seeing something like his family wrapped up in Doc Ock's tentacles, or some goons from the Kingpin, it was just his father talking to an older woman.

"Miles!' he exclaimed "Your Aunt Nancy is visiting for a few days, why don't you put your stuff away and take her to the store?"

Miles mumbled under his breath "But I don't have an Aunt Nancy..."

The thought was interrupted by a voice in his head that certainly didn't sound like it could have come from the old woman, but he knew it just had. The deep voice of someone who certainly wasn't old, and certainly wasn't a woman either. "Just play along kid, and don't worry about the folks. I needed to speak with you for a bit."

He was shuffled outside of the apartment before he could get another word in, and was working an upper arm that had been held in quite a grip. "Where did you get those muscles, lady?"

"Born with them" the old lady beamed "Allow me to introdu...."

"Anansi. Trickster God of some sort. Look, I'm a really busy guy and..." Miles' own interruption was interrupted again.

"And Lord of Stories. Are you too busy to help an old friend of yours? And spring someone being held in a cell despite committing no crime? Perhaps it was a mistake to come to you.." The mock disappointment in the woman's voice was hard to miss, even as they continued their walk out of the building and onto the street.

"What old friend? And what prisoner?" Miles was sure he was being played for a sucker, but couldn't help himself.

"Hasn't your friend from Jersey been keeping you updated?"

"Don't answer questions with more questions!" Miles was even more sure he was being played.

"What was the biggest news on...Kamala, was it? Yes, Kamala. What was the biggest news she had from the X-Men last time she talked to you?" The woman wasn't going to be deterred from playing the game out, much to Miles' annoyance.

With a sigh, he told the trickster what he already obviously knew. "The X-Men are chasing down some guy calling himself Balor that they think is some bizarro version of Cyclops."

The woman smiled. "Let's just say he isn't 'some version', but that's another story. The part that concerns you is that your old companion is missing a lot of memory, but is working to avert some kind of catastrophe, and I can't tag along with him like I did last time. If I knew at the time that becoming Lord of Stories would keep me OUT of them I'd have never agreed to it."

"Never mind that part!" Miles was angry now, knowing that someone with all the answers was just doling out bits and pieces and getting enjoyment out of stinging him along. "How did he get that way, how did you 'tag along' and what catastrophe?"

"Well, it all started when your friend literally fell out of the sky, almost into the lap of the most dangerous woman your species has ever produced. Often imitated, never duplicated, as one Mr. Tony Masters is about to learn the very hard way. Now, as it happened that day...."

Miles was no longer listening, instead having caught a glimpse of someone sneaking down an adjoining alleyway. Someone very good, as he would have missed it if his frustration hadn't had him turn around at just the right moment to catch the shadowed figure. The shadowed figure who appeared to be just about 6 feet, 3 inches tall. He snuck onto the wall, removed his outer layer of clothes and faded into the background via camouflage, tossing a sack with his clothes at the still talking old woman. "Bring those back and come up with a good story for my folks! Preferably one that doesn't get me grounded!"

------------

Next time, we check back in with Mr. Tony Masters, and maybe even Dr. Voodoo! All this, plus Diomedes! Oops, that was a bit of a spoiler....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Nice to see another entry.

Was a bit confused at first at what was happening but it all made sense in the end.

Looking forward to the next one.

Who's TOny Masters?

But hey, getting the Champions involved is fun.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Now this is a man who is a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Who's TOny Masters?

But hey, getting the Champions involved is fun.
    That's the name behind the mask of Taskmaster.
    Dark does not mean deep.

News about Cyclops from X-Men '97. Contrary to what is happening in x-books, the show's writers are really interested in working Cyclops. It looks promising.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...-men-97-update

Pardon if this has been posted already, but I just found this lovely meditation on the progression to Appreciation of the modern (post-Morrison-ish) Cyclops...
    How I Learned to Love Cyclops and his Sexy Butt.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-09-2023 at 08:21 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.