Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Pardon if this has been posted already, but I just found this lovely meditation on the progression to Appreciation of the modern (post-Morrison-ish) Cyclops...
    How I Learned to Love Cyclops and his Sexy Butt.
    "Scott Summers went from boring boy scout to jaw-dropping, unapologetic cover boy."

The "anti-hero" side is what made Scott interesting to me. It's a shame this was scrapped and the writers don't work on his personality anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    "Scott Summers went from boring boy scout to jaw-dropping, unapologetic cover boy."

The "anti-hero" side is what made Scott interesting to me. It's a shame this was scrapped and the writers don't work on his personality anymore.
    The anti-hero aspects of Scott came directly from his boy scout tendencies. Is it really heroic to allow dozens to die because you want to be able to sleep at night and say your hands aren't dirty? Scott's answer was no. But despite that, he still believes in that impossible dream, he just needs to make sure there are dreamers to live it, even at the cost of that future no longer having a place for him in it.

And while lots of people were saying he was becoming the new Magneto, the truth is he was becoming Cable.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The anti-hero aspects of Scott came directly from his boy scout tendencies. Is it really heroic to allow dozens to die because you want to be able to sleep at night and say your hands aren't dirty? Scott's answer was no. But despite that, he still believes in that impossible dream, he just needs to make sure there are dreamers to live it, even at the cost of that future no longer having a place for him in it.

And while lots of people were saying he was becoming the new Magneto, the truth is he was becoming Cable.
    Agree with all of this.

For me the key thing about Scott in those years was that he was always open to a better way if presented and feasible.

However he had little or no hesitation about doing things in a 'bad' way if the better way was not feasible.

I'm still Team "Cyclops leaves the X-Men for a New Team."
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'm still Team "Cyclops leaves the X-Men for a New Team."
    No one would have given the Uncanny Avengers more weight than Scott.

I'd also love to see him on a space adventure with the Starjammers, but leading them....maybe to rescue Corsair or something like that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'd also love to see him on a space adventure with the Starjammers, but leading them....maybe to rescue Corsair or something like that.
    He would still be under Duggan, a capable writer, who already show he have little interest in Cyclops. We probably would end up getting the same we got in X-Men, but instead of Cyclops letting Synch make all decisions and losing arguments to Jean, it would be Captain America.
    The Starjammers could work, the scenario you propose would be great, maybe a prison break.

My hope is Scott getting a new writer soon, someone more interested in the character, the problem is that I don't think that person, whoever they are, is working in the x-office right now.

I want Cyclops written by someone who as interested in him as Duggan is in Kitty, Emma and Synch, or as Ewing is in Storm. Hopefully never someone interested in Cyclops in the same way Percy is in Beast.

Do we know who the secret member is? because it would make sense to dedicate the first issues to introducing the setting and the team and later show the secret member, which could align with them rescuing Cyclops or him breaking out and joining them on his issue of X-men, they have the same writer after all

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    losing arguments to Jean
    The exact thing he told her was going to happen happened, I wouldn't call that losing an argument, and Duggan is the writer leading Fall of X, it was intentional

Scott leading his own team of Avengers is overdue. I can see it now, Scott leading Earth's defenses in victory over Dr. Doom. When the smoke clears, his team's powerhouse, Richard Rider, starts the slow, dramatic applause for Scott's last minute strategy that spelled Doom's defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Do we know who the secret member is? because it would make sense to dedicate the first issues to introducing the setting and the team and later show the secret member, which could align with them rescuing Cyclops or him breaking out and joining them on his issue of X-men, they have the same writer after all

The exact thing he told her was going to happen happened, I wouldn't call that losing an argument, and Duggan is the writer leading Fall of X, it was intentional
    I exagerate, but even if he is proven right later, at the moment she did have the last word.

Yes. Cyclops even during the revolution era he was very heroic. His evolution from Xavier's Boy Scout to "I have to do what I have to" the most interesting and least naive and boring.

Cyclops observed Xavier and Magneto's ideas and created his own terms.

X-Men '97 Cyclops promo poster.

Tom Brevoort to become X-Men's Senior Editor.

Does anyone know what this means for Cyclops?

Bad. He's the one who tried to sell the Cyclops=Hitler from the Champions and IvX era.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Bad. He's the one who tried to sell the Cyclops=Hitler from the Champions and IvX era.
    I don't think they'll talk about this anymore. I'm curious to know which way Brevoort's Cyclops is going. I hear he doesn't like marriage, maybe Jott is running out.

We have for some time wishing Cyclops would get more attention from editorial and creative teams, but now a big shake up is coming we can't not fear Cyclops may end up getting the Beast treatment, right?

It must be good to be a Wolverine fan, no matter what happens to the X-Men as a whole, they always can expect a solo comic for their fav.