Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Bricks hate Scott Summers. #canon
    Preview of X-MEN ANNUAL 2023 #1
    Attachment 134661
    I have no idea how they are going to make this a compelling issue if it devolves into a fight. Carol is an editorial fave getting a major push, and Scott is someone editorial likes to always lose. Adding in the power disparity and there is no way this is even interesting unless they do what they want to avoid at all costs, and have the underdog win somehow.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-14-2023 at 05:10 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have no idea how they are going to make this a compelling issue of it devolves into a fight. Carol is an editorial fave getting a major push, and Scott is someone editorial likes to always lose. Adding in the power disparity and there is no way this is even interesting unless they do what they want to avoid at all costs, and have the underdog win somehow.
    They don't have to make it compelling. I don't think anyone is reading this for stakes. Only for fun.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Scott and Carol greeting each other using first and last names like they'd barely met before now made me feel like I was reading Bendis again, lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Scott and Carol greeting each other using first and last names like they'd barely met before now made me feel like I was reading Bendis again, lol.
    At this point, they might as well be strangers lmfao
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

New x-book will be announced tomorrow.

Expectation: New Uncanny X-Men with Cyclops written by Gillen again.

Reality: A book focused on a boring D-list.

I have no idea how they are going to make this a compelling issue if it devolves into a fight. Carol is an editorial fave getting a major push, and Scott is someone editorial likes to always lose. Adding in the power disparity and there is no way this is even interesting unless they do what they want to avoid at all costs, and have the underdog win somehow.
    Unless they remember Cyclops is an energy absorber too or gets a super form like Alex when he fought Gabriel after absorbing that star's energy. I don't see it though Scott is only allowed to do eye things. Hopefully its at least fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Bricks hate Scott Summers. #canon
    Preview of X-MEN ANNUAL 2023 #1
    Quote Originally Posted by kazdam View Post
    Unless they remember Cyclops is an energy absorber too or gets a super form like Alex when he fought Gabriel after absorbing that star's energy. I don't see it though Scott is only allowed to do eye things. Hopefully its at least fun.
    Cyclops' biggest asset is his strategic mind as we were reminded by a post several pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post

Its not always how powerful you are, its how you USE it...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-18-2023 at 06:07 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    New x-book will be announced tomorrow.

Expectation: New Uncanny X-Men with Cyclops written by Gillen again.

Reality: A book focused on a boring D-list.
    Well you nailed this!

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Well you nailed this!
    LMAO at least Cyclops is there. But I don't expect him to do much.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Poor, poor Tyke. Beaten, humiliated, and "drawn" by Greg Land.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Paul Allor writes sadboi comics (in a good way), so I feel like he’ll be great at writing Cyclops

Ultimate Member

I feel like Cyclops hasn't gotten a good, respectful, treatment since Whedon's Astonishing run, telling that Sentinel to 'get off my lawn!' or unleashing his power on Breakworld with a 'to me, my X-Men!'

His optic blasts may not even be a fraction as versatile as Storm or Jean's powers (which is as it should be), but he absolutely zaps face at their level. He, as they say, 'has just one trick, but it's a really, really good trick.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel like Cyclops hasn't gotten a good, respectful, treatment since Whedon's Astonishing run, telling that Sentinel to 'get off my lawn!' or unleashing his power on Breakworld with a 'to me, my X-Men!'

His optic blasts may not even be a fraction as versatile as Storm or Jean's powers (which is as it should be), but he absolutely zaps face at their level. He, as they say, 'has just one trick, but it's a really, really good trick.'
    I wasnt a fan of the run but I think Fraction did well by him

The best thing about Whedon's run, is that while Cyclops is front center and leading, he wasn't yet in Xavier's role. After that, when he become the leader of mutants, not just of the X-Men, was when he started to get attacked.

It was great the way Fraction, Ellis and Gillen handled the character, but it was when Cyclops started to be moved into the position of getting blamed, in and out comics, for all the suffering of the x-line, in universe he was guilt for every mutant who got hurt and out of universe he was guilt for every fan favorite mutant lack of page time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Fraction, Ellis and Gillen were great for Cyclops. Bendis was also good. And then he died by the Terrigen Mist and never came back.