Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of how it was handled. That being said, I'm not sure that excuses its neglect in current storylines. Conveniently changing Scott's personality to fit the story is starting to make him seem more erratic than usual.

The character really needs some type of direction. Without it, he just seems to be whatever the story needs him to be.
    He went from my second favourite character to now I look forward to reading what Xavier is up to rather then Cyclops.

He has no direction and really the diminished role hasn't done him much of a character service. They've really built Storm up and imagine had they gone in the same direction with Cyclops. You'd have two strong personalities outside the QC

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops after his ressurection made no sense. It was a completely different character. He was reset to his 90s version.
    True. Cyclops becomes more interesting when he is a rebel. Without it, it becomes so boring. His best moments were post-Morrison until the Bendis run.

Cyclops needs an interesting direction in the books. Hickman and Duggan haven't done him justice since the Krakoa era began. I would like him to get his own team(without Jean around) and his revolutionary personality to return.

All the main X-Men are getting a solo book except Scott. He deserves to be given one too, or a team for him to lead as he sees fit. I would like the writers to make him an anti-hero and have him act outside of Krakoa. It would be a very interesting direction for Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    Cyclops needs an interesting direction in the books. Hickman and Duggan haven't done him justice since the Krakoa era began. I would like him to get his own team(without Jean around) and his revolutionary personality to return.

All the main X-Men are getting a solo book except Scott. He deserves to be given one too, or a team for him to lead as he sees fit. I would like the writers to make him an anti-hero and have him act outside of Krakoa. It would be a very interesting direction for Scott.
    But it wouldn’t work with a direction they’ve chosen for krakoa. I mean look how they’ve been teasing conflict between Scott and the council for the last 2-3 years and nothing serious has happened
    Last edited by Braxxer; 07-06-2023 at 11:10 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm not even sure the situation with the Brood even matters at this point.
    Nobody cares about the Brood. Not even Jean. The issue is Mutant!Ken remembering he had thoughts/passions/ideals of his own and refusing to let Mutant!Barbie bully him around. Cue to Mutant!Barbie casually cracking jokes about domestic violence and playing the victim in a totally not transparent bid to guilt-trip Mutant!Ken so he'd go back to being a good puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops after his ressurection made no sense. It was a completely different character. He was reset to his 90s version.
    No he hasnt as this Scott is not the Scott from the 90s. I dont know who this is but he's not enjoyable
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-06-2023 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No he hasnt as this Scott is no the Scott from the 90s. I dont know who this is but he's not enjoyable
    He's a cardboard cutout inspired by the 90s, but by someone who didn't even try to understand him to begin with.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-06-2023 at 05:35 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He's a cardboard cutout inspired by the 90s, but by someone who didn't even try to understand him to begin with.
    I think Scott from the 90s had heart. He was someone sympathetic that I could root for. Calling this one a cardboard cutout is a good description bc this one seems all over the place with no actual drive or motivation

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Part of it was the holding pattern until a conflict with the Quiet Council that didn't appear because Hickman was forced to leave early. But probably the main factor is that this version they tried to push doesn't match with any take of Cyke before- Utopia Cyke could see the need to work with villains, but wouldn't bow to Xavier and accept some of the most absurd actions of the council,.while classic Cyke could accept Chuck's leadership or live in the treehouse, but would never be comfortable and happy with Apocalypse, Sinister and Shaw walking around freely and in charge

Duggan did an ok to pretty great job with Cyke during year 1 (#1-12) in my opinion.The stand out issues were definitely #6-7 and #11-12. I think he did a great job showing Cyke's determination and highlighting his ties with the team specifically with Sync. Year 2 on the other hand has been all over the place. I'm not sure what the hell happened during Sins of Sinister (I can only handle so much Sinister these days...) but I wonder if it could be playing a part with how erratic Cyke currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No he hasnt as this Scott is not the Scott from the 90s. I dont know who this is but he's not enjoyable
    Strongly disagree.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Part of it was the holding pattern until a conflict with the Quiet Council that didn't appear because Hickman was forced to leave early. But probably the main factor is that this version they tried to push doesn't match with any take of Cyke before- Utopia Cyke could see the need to work with villains, but wouldn't bow to Xavier and accept some of the most absurd actions of the council,.while classic Cyke could accept Chuck's leadership or live in the treehouse, but would never be comfortable and happy with Apocalypse, Sinister and Shaw walking around freely and in charge
    Personally, I'd always felt that there was something done during the resurrection process that made him totally subservient to Xavier to explain some of his actions, but nope, he just was without any reason.

I don't know if Scott will survive fall of x or not. But if Jean is leaving the X-Men to be in UXM that is good for him. She is all kumbaya and all you need is love while he is 1000 times more realistic and has not turned his back on mankind yet knows you can't negotiate with the likes of Orchis. I hope he assembles a team of the baddest X-Men ever and takes it to Orchis.

I feel like we saw him murdered at the HG and bc of whatever happens in FoX, the resurrections will be put on hold which leaves him off the table for a few months. Just my speculation

One of my favorite depictions of Scott was during the battle with Dracula and the vampires era. He was shown to be a master strategist with contingency after contingency. He was in Captain America territory with even Namor deferring to him.