Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

How do people feel about him currently being back in his 90s costume?

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 3.49.46 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-08-2023 at 03:50 PM.

I really don't like it. It's iconic ok but twice now it's been put on him before disaster strikes and it's just not that good.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Honestly, it should've been left in the ditch along with Rosencanny.

Mighty Member

ngl, much as i disliked BMB's run, the revolution suit grew on me. Just take off the condom-head and let Scott's locks free.

90s suit nostalgia wore off real quick, though.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

The 90s suit needs an update.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I don't mind as much because Cassara draws it insanely well, and allowing his hair to flow freely is always good. But the costume really needs a modernized version without the outside underwear. From the neck down that costume is the original suit with some straps and pouches, a good old '60s and '90s mix and it shows

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How do people feel about him currently being back in his 90s costume?

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 3.49.46 PM.jpg
    I love the 90's uniform, but I didn't want to see it like this.

Everything aside, it does look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I really don't like it. It's iconic ok but twice now it's been put on him before disaster strikes and it's just not that good.
    It's definitely an odd coincidence. It was definitely depicted worse in Rosenberg's run.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Nobody cares about the Brood. Not even Jean. The issue is Mutant!Ken remembering he had thoughts/passions/ideals of his own and refusing to let Mutant!Barbie bully him around. Cue to Mutant!Barbie casually cracking jokes about domestic violence and playing the victim in a totally not transparent bid to guilt-trip Mutant!Ken so he'd go back to being a good puppy.
    I still don't even know what they are arguing against. Jean's position seems to be, "love is all that's needed" and currently I'm not sure with Scott. He gets into an odd diatribe against Arakko and Orchis/human enemies but ends it with the belief of standing with humans and mutants. He never mentions any plans or actions. Honestly, I'm not even sure whose side is what or why? They both seem kinda nuts....
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-09-2023 at 11:38 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    4b226edb-a5ba-4bbd-8915-f6b503de41c7.jpg 622310-fffffdas.jpg

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Ultimate Alliance 3 had a pretty good one as well.

It really does seem like his go to costume for other depictions.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-09-2023 at 12:20 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

One thing I'd suggest is that the pouches should have some stuff in them every now and again. They don't need to be Batman levels of gadgetry, but some paramilitary basics. Spare visor, glasses, micro medical kit that doesn't require advanced medical traing, satellite radio, rappelling line (but not fired grapple gun type), maybe a remote for the Blackbird, and with the level of invention Forge is capable of, some kind of micro fiber parachute.

They don't all need to be shown in one issue, but a basic idea of what they carry should be known to the writers so they can either be used or accounted for on panel. Again, this isn't Batman utility belt level stuff, but using it once every two story arcs or so seems a good rule. With the first use being a second visor to subvert the overdone breaking of the one he's wearing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

It may not be as iconic, but I think the Astonishing costume has aged better and if I needed to pick a definitive Cylops costume, I'd go with that one (I love the red X visor too though and the current black/blue one). The issue with the 90s costume is it CAN look brilliant but the yellow trunks are hard to pull off looking well (too often they look baggy and diaper-ish), you're dealing with a costume that either looks great or looks like it aged like milk. Astonishing more consistently looks good. And I'm not an anti-trunks guy, I like Superman with the red trunks rather than attempts to not include them.

Excellent Astonishing Cyke Pic.jpg

^^^^ Such a simple, sleek, costume. The gold trim running up and down is *chef kiss*

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I don't mind as much because Cassara draws it insanely well, and allowing his hair to flow freely is always good. But the costume really needs a modernized version without the outside underwear. From the neck down that costume is the original suit with some straps and pouches, a good old '60s and '90s mix and it shows
    They need to do what they did with Wolverine, by modernizing his classic brown/gold by removing the underwear and going for pants instead

Or something like Liefield did to modernize Cable's look in the mid 00s

Last edited by Havok83; 07-09-2023 at 01:29 PM.

What about the Eve of Destruction costume? That seemed to be a modern 90s Jim Lee design. Mayhap a bit of the Ultimate Style too?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I still don't even know what they are arguing against. Jean's position seems to be, "love is all that's needed" and currently I'm not sure with Scott. He gets into an odd diatribe against Arakko and Orchis/human enemies but ends it with the belief of standing with humans and mutants. He never mentions any plans or actions. Honestly, I'm not even sure whose side is what or why?
    Stay on Earth and fight to the bitter end Bad, running away and virtue signaling on Arrako Good?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    They both seem kinda nuts....[/B][/I]
    The really, really funny part is that Jean's upcoming book will totally establish that they were even nuttier in Moira's previous lives.

Speaking of which, my money's still on Scott being the big early fakeout death from Fall of X, showing up with the cavalry/reserves in the final act and somehow hurting Jean's feelings in a totally not transparent tactic to establish him as her book's absentee antagonist.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He and Rogue should forever leave behind the Jim Lee designs.