Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    He can still be an excellent leader and a good boyfriend/husband at the same time. Scott just needs writers who are interested in him.
    I'm with you, but most cases we get one and not the other, unless like all of us have said a writer is particularly interested in writing him. He's legit the Token "A lister" imo on the team. He's there because of his name, and not because of what the writer wants to do with him. Or when he is used, it's as a plot device to further a plot along and it never feels natural. That's how it feels.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Even if someone was interested in writing him, White still being the editor of the X-books would know than likely be a death knell to that, lol.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly, Scott doesn't have much luck when it comes to quality writing in his romantic relationships. If Scott were to be paired up with Emma, I don't see it really fairing any better than the current Scott and Jean situation. I'm pretty sure the current X-office isn't too fond of Emma/Scott either, so I can only imagine it might end up worse. Heck, the interactions they have had recently haven't been great.
    Insert [He's Not Good Enough for Her/She should be with Meee/Waifu] joke.

More time spent on leadership and character development feels much more desirable at this point. If there is to be a relationship, for the time being, the less the better at this point. At least for me.
    I say just stick to the Mentor/Apprentice or Older/Younger Sibling dynamic with characters who aren't constantly whining about every single little thing. It's worked out just fine with Magik, Synch and Firestar. I know, I know there's age-appropriate X-Folks who aren't constantly whining about every little thing, but Scott's hardly ever allowed to hang out with them for whatever reason.

As for Scott's future, at this point, I'm expecting the worse. That should ease any disappointment.
    Just throwing it out there, but no matter how bad of a day Scott will have next month, it'll be even worse for Jean and Forge.

That being said, yeah, Jean's solo is going to be an epic hatchet job, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Even if someone was interested in writing him, White still being the editor of the X-books would know than likely be a death knell to that, lol.
    Or the only reason Cyclops is used at all is because White push him into books. I remember an interview of White from some time ago, where he said one of the few inputs he gives is when a writer is casting his comics, usually advising them to put one or two characters to make the comic more appealing.

White likes Scott and is a fan of him. Just not the version that many on here care for. He values him as an iconic X-man and I dont think Scott would ever be out of the books for too long if he has his say. I also dont think he's as hands on as some might think he is. He lets the writers do their thing. I dont think he really cares for Emma all that miuch based on old interviews, yet she's flourished this era in a way that she wasnt right before it. There have been past runs that have been muddied bc of heavy editorial influence and mandates (think late 90s Kelly/Seagle, the deciMation era or IvX era). Thats not how White operates things and its not how its been this Krakoa era
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-11-2023 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    I'm with you, but most cases we get one and not the other, unless like all of us have said a writer is particularly interested in writing him.
    Sadly.

I'm remembering when Matt Fraction gave us an amazing leading Cyclops and a good relationship with Emma. Good times for Cyke fans.
    Last edited by R+R; 07-12-2023 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    White likes Scott and is a fan of him. Just not the version that many on here care for.
    If Krakoa's Cyclops wasn't a Captain Cameo or if his personality wasn't so apathetic or if he didn't get beat up constantly after saying he's a good fighter, maybe people would care about him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by R+R View Post
    Sadly.

I'm remembering when Matt Fraction gave us an amazing leading Cyclops and a good relationship with Emma. Good times for Cyke fans.
    His cyclops was very capable but it suffered the X-Men gold effect, where everyone else had to look bad for Scott to be cool. And Em was most def sidekick by then.

His cyclops was very capable but it suffered the X-Men gold effect, where everyone else had to look bad for Scott to be cool. And Em was most def sidekick by then.
    I don't think Fraction made the other X-Men bad, they just weren't the focus. It wasn't like X-Men Gold, we didn't have someone like Rachel getting her ass kicked every issue.

Emma just being sidekick? No. She was helping Sentry and trapping the Void, she stuck close to Osborn to save mutantkind, kicked Lady Mastermind's ass, and had her own history fighting Shaw.

Scott appeared in Fallen Friend today, spoilers for anyone who is interested

spoilers:
    Miles confronts Scott, asking why he wasn't at her funeral or whatever, Scott replies that "You'll understand, Spider-Man. Not Today. But Soon" Soon almost definitely being the Gala, where we are almost def going to be greeted with a resurrected Kamala thanks to Scott and Emma
    end of spoilers
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I honestly dont know how to feel about that spoiler and i saw the page in question.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mercury said Scott was rumored to have an important role in Fall of X. But since the events of the Krakoa era were very deceiving for him, I would kill to know what will become of him after the event.

Duggan disappointed me a lot in Year 2, so I hope to see him written by someone else. Why not finally a book about the great captains ?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I honestly dont know how to feel about that spoiler and i saw the page in question.
    yeah it's weird, he just shows up at the end speaking in riddles...like okay.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Compare the positive attention Emma was getting during the Fraction years to the absolute thrashing Scott is getting under Duggan. Emma was just being melodramatic over Scott having hobbies (X-Force) and not being the center of attention for... I dunno, maaayyybe one month worth of continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Dugan's been beating on a dead horse for months. Makes sense it would carry over to other titles. Laying it a bit thick with the "Such a lonesome, miserable, pathetic death!" imo, but oh well. If Scott does indeed become the Protocols' shutdown first "casualty", maybe this whole thing's just an excuse for Kamala to join the Uncanny Avengers and avenge him.

Edit: On a humorous/anecdotal side note, I don't recall the Champions showing up for Scott's (last) funeral, but that's just kids for you, lol.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-12-2023 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Compare the positive attention Emma was getting during the Fraction years to the absolute thrashing Scott is getting under Duggan. Emma was just being melodramatic over Scott having hobbies (X-Force) and not being the center of attention for... I dunno, maaayyybe one month worth of continuity?

Dugan's been beating on a dead horse for months. Makes sense it would carry over to other titles. Laying it a bit thick with the "Such a lonesome, miserable, pathetic death!" imo, but oh well. If Scott does indeed become the Protocols' shutdown first "casualty", maybe this whole thing's just an excuse for Kamala to join the Uncanny Avengers and avenge him.

Edit: On a humorous/anecdotal side note, I don't recall the Champions showing up for Scott's (last) funeral, but that's just kids for you, lol.
    Was there a funeral for Captain Cameo's Crappy Crakoa Adventure?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.