Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    My wishes for 2023 are:

-Geeting out from the polygamy nonsense.
    -A big permanent power up.

None of those things are going to happen. But a man can dream.
    Agree imo the writers had a golden opportunity with the botched X-force invasions of Orchis station to reveal that Orchis were about to reveal that mutants had resurrection mechanisms but Cyke by his own volition got ahead of it, and revealed to Ben that indeed X-Men were doing resurrections. Yeah there could be reprimand but at least his words that he is the X-Men would be valid and QC would not dare take him out of the team .Instead of the QC attempting to force Cyke to wear the Captain uniform to hide his identity ,as he is already the face of the X-Men ,they instead have him lead the X-Men but as 'penance' do solo missions as Captain Krakoa that are top secret .That way Cyke would be in a team book, but also have a solo book that organically leads to more exposition about feeling conflicted about the QC's ultimate goals while the X-Men are the public face of mutantdom.That way Scott would at least have an ear to the ground not letting Sinister or Colossus or even Shaw spring shockers. After the mole in Hellions ,the whole gala 'dance' with Emma didn't land, for me the whole thing of Scott passing notes ,hoping Emma could out Sinister(when she already let It slide after the Tarn chimaera fiasco)is bizzare .Cyke would be among the first to have eyes on that creep or at least tell Hope to be his eyes and ears there ..To have Cyke not informed about all these shenanigans is really stretching credulity . So much needs to change ,Cyke just doesn't feel strategic enough for me all because the writers are not writing believable scenarios.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-11-2023 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Calling it right now, Cyclops will (thankfully) be a glorified non-entity in the Sins of Sinister and Beast drama. Then he'll step down from Adjectiveless to deal with Fall of X and star in the new Uncanny.
    Looks like you're right. And he's back to the 90s costume too.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ider-man-venom

Note that he's stepping through a Krakoa gate there, so it can't be a flashback to pre-House of X, the last time he wore that suit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Didn’t Trump promise that he’d drain Krakoa?
    Knowing our luck, Scott would take over the military, disband the Council, set up a legitimate election, step down, not support any candidate... and yet the only folks interested with the job would be untrustworthy/election meddling telepaths. Not that I'm thinking of anyone in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like you're right.
    Hadn't seen these images last night. My prediction just felt like inevitable conclusion of Scott and Jean basically being sidelined from the current political nonsense on Krakoa/Arrako.

And he's back to the 90s costume too.
    Not gonna lie, the muted blue is seriously doing it for me.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I know it's extremely late, but I hope everyone is having a great New Year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    My wishes for 2023 are:

-Geeting out from the polygamy nonsense.
    -A big permanent power up.

None of those things are going to happen. But a man can dream.
    Well, as Cyclops would say, "dreams don't die."

Looks like you're right. And he's back to the 90s costume too.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ider-man-venom

Note that he's stepping through a Krakoa gate there, so it can't be a flashback to pre-House of X, the last time he wore that suit.
    The 90's costume is still a favorite of mine. It definitely looks good in that preview.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-13-2023 at 03:09 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Real-time update on Scott's contribution to Dark Web:

1. Totally epic off-screen puppy rescue.
    2. ..................................................
    3. ..................................................

Oh well, here's hoping he goes "Screw these Alien ripoffs, I'm switching to 'Kill everything that's on-screen' mode during the next crossover.

Real-time update on Scott's contribution to Dark Web:

1. Totally epic off-screen puppy rescue.
    2. ..................................................
    3. ..................................................

Oh well, here's hoping he goes "Screw these Alien ripoffs, I'm switching to 'Kill everything that's on-screen' mode during the next crossover.
    Honestly, I think the amount he contributed is for the best. I'm not sure Duggan would have offered a satisfying "resolution" to Scott and Maddie, especially when the story glossed over her own evil deeds. If we're being completely honest here, Scott is still getting hate from the story and he didn't even do anything polarizing. I think Maddie will always be a lose-lose situation for Scott. It's disappointing, but not surprising.

That aside, hopefully he gets something interesting to do eventually. Well, maybe not too soon, considering Beast's predicament....
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-18-2023 at 10:08 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly, I think the amount he contributed is for the best. I'm not sure Duggan would have offered a satisfying "resolution" to Scott and Maddie, especially when the story glossed over her own evil deeds. If we're being completely honest here, Scott is still getting hate from the story and he didn't even do anything polarizing. I think Maddie will always be a lose-lose situation for Scott. It's disappointing, but not surprising.

That aside, hopefully he gets something interesting to do eventually.
    Especially considering the Mandela effect surrounding that story. People insist Scott dumped Maddie to try and get back with Jean the moment he heard, when rereading my reprint that is sitting on my bookshelf I see Scott pulling back from Jean, and trying to contact Maddie - albeit belatedly. His behavior leaves a great deal to be desired, but everyone's faulty memory dials everything up to 11.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Especially considering the Mandela effect surrounding that story. People insist Scott dumped Maddie to try and get back with Jean the moment he heard, when rereading my reprint that is sitting on my bookshelf I see Scott pulling back from Jean, and trying to contact Maddie - albeit belatedly. His behavior leaves a great deal to be desired, but everyone's faulty memory dials everything up to 11.
    Very true. Jean thought Scott hated her initially. There's quite a lot that seems to be glossed over in that era of stories. Scott being the only one able to harm Sinister at the time seems to be mostly forgotten, as well as Scott's programming by Sinister in general.

Scott isn't flawless, but he's not a scheming devil. Scott's biggest problem was being unable to choose what to do, and he waited too long to act.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-18-2023 at 10:38 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

Very true. Jean thought Scott hated her initially. There's quite a lot that seems to be glossed over in that era of stories. Scott being the only one able to harm Sinister at the time seems to be mostly forgotten, as well as Scott's programming by Sinister in general.

Scott isn't flawless, but he's not a scheming devil. Scott's biggest problem was being unable to choose what to do, and he waited too long to act.
    yea, none of that was even brought up in the story, and honestly it made him look worse because it made him look like he didn't even wanna talk about it anymore or even want to discuss it with her. I think it's for the best because I don't think this was ever going to be about those two. Scott is such a background character now it wouldn't even matter anyway, it'd be ignored and he'd be in the same situation. Hoping this brood event and the eventual fall of x lead to him doing something more at least. I don't see him being a big player at all in sins of sinister, I don't even think I've seen him (or the core X-men) other then like a cover.

Fantastic Member

When did Scott pull back from Jean and try to contact Maddie?
    --jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    When did Scott pull back from Jean and try to contact Maddie?
    --jthree
    In issue 2 of X-Factor he's trying to call her.

I'm not absolving Scott of his actions, he still doesn't come across very well in these issues. But popular memory has both made the bad much worse while dumping any mitigating circumstances down the memory hole.

Off to work, so I'm out of time to really dive in right now.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Honestly, I think the amount he contributed is for the best. I'm not sure Duggan would have offered a satisfying "resolution" to Scott and Maddie, especially when the story glossed over her own evil deeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    yea, none of that was even brought up in the story, and honestly it made him look worse because it made him look like he didn't even wanna talk about it anymore or even want to discuss it with her. I think it's for the best because I don't think this was ever going to be about those two.
    The really, really funny thing is that the issue's solicitation was *all* about Scott hurting Maddie's feelings. Oh, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Hoping this brood event and the eventual fall of x lead to him doing something more at least. I don't see him being a big player at all in sins of sinister, I don't even think I've seen him (or the core X-men) other then like a cover.
    1. Too busy riding broods. Literally.

X-Men #21 cover

2. Calling it right now. Prime Scott dies early to serve Emma's revenge story arc and so that Gillen can ship Jean/Logan. Then maybe a repeat of the Endless Summers.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-19-2023 at 05:09 PM.

The really, really funny thing is that the issue's solicitation was *all* about Scott hurting Maddie's feelings. Oh, Marvel.

1. Too busy riding broods. Literally.

X-Men #21 cover

2. Calling it right now. Prime Scott dies early to serve Emma's revenge story arc and so that Gillen can ship Jean/Logan. Then maybe a repeat of the Endless Summers.
    Yes, sadly, Cyke is no longer popular at X-events. At least we're sure he will look badass designed by Caselli in the next arc of Xmen.

Incredible Member

In issue 2 of X-Factor he's trying to call her.

I'm not absolving Scott of his actions, he still doesn't come across very well in these issues. But popular memory has both made the bad much worse while dumping any mitigating circumstances down the memory hole.

Off to work, so I'm out of time to really dive in right now.
    I would never get involved in this debate again except your feelings seem to somewhat mirror mine on the matter and that resonated. When I used to defend him I would call it quasi defending him because it wasn't because I liked or applauded the behavior. It was because he is being accused of things he didn't do. Criticize him for what he did.

By issue 2 he thinks she has left him. It's not there was no answer to his call. The phone number has been disconnected. I assume it's the point of Maddie's ultimatum in issue 1. Now, Scott can, with at least some degree of plausibility, believe that Maddie left him.

Issue 6 or 7. Probably 7 since Jean found out about Maddie in 6. Scott mentions calling everyone they know to see if anyone has any idea where she is. Nothing. He went back, in large part, because of Sara, Jean's sister. Her house was bombed. Some people close to mutants were being targeted. Scott started wondering if maybe something like that happened to Maddie.

Pull back from Jean? He would never let her get close from the start. He can barely look her in the eye in issue 1. Jean is mystified on why he is keeping her at a distance. Nothing is going to happen between them, he is too guilt ridden. They are not together until the mid 20s. A year's worth of comics after Scott believed she had died.

I can recite things that he is guilty of. I hated the writing for him at the time. I just think the word coward is more appropriate than abandoner. For this particular period of time. All in the eyes of the beholder, though. And I can relate to the people who couldn't get past this behavior based on their sensibilities. I could never get past the affair with Emma based on mine.

Fantastic Member

Scott is still getting hate from the story and he didn't even do anything polarizing. I think Maddie will always be a lose-lose situation for Scott. It's disappointing, but not surprising.
    Well considering Scott's recent plot lines, and developments, I believe you're right. Scott is in a lose-lose situation when it comes to Maddie. What makes it hard for me, is that I always thought Maddie and her initial introduction with Scott and the team was some of the best writing Claremont had ever done. Real character development and growth. "From the Ashes" is my favorite storyline, and I miss the X-Men from back then, before everything got so confused with the title.
    --jthree