Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Is Gillen not a decent seller? I was under the impression that Immortal is the biggest seller in the X-line right now and hes been successful in his independent stuff.
    Immortal/Red (while we're at it) are doing fine. Was referring to Judgment Day/Sins of Sinister. Should've been clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    My problem right now is that the writer that is supposedly to be in charge of Scott doesn't actually seem to actually have much interest in writing him. For the supposedly leader of the X-men team, hes been basically invisible in his own book since this second roster got introduced.
    Don't get me wrong, I *do* hope Cyke will get to do more than just stand about and collect his paycheck for the remainder of the run, but I can't say I have any issue with Cyke not being at the forefront of the current "whiners/terrorists should be pardoned/rewarded as long as they whine really, *really* hard!" narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The best scenario we could hope for is Cyclops getting to be the star in a side book, like Marauders, with a writer who actually is interested in the character. I don't have much hope of Gillen picking Scott for whatever he is doing next, my impression is that his Uncanny X-Men and the amazing characterization he gave Cyclops was just he executing really well the job that was given to him.
    Pretty much this. Gillen writes everyone well. Even the characters he's thoroughly screwing over for kicks.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-05-2023 at 12:29 PM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Honestly, after what he said he would do if his Uncanny run had continued, I'm glad Gillen left when he did. The problem is who came after him... YUCK.

I thought he was good under Bendis.

Well, I was more talking about Uncanny as a whole, not Scott in particular. I will say I really hated how Bendis had almost everyone say "Scott Summers" when talking to/referring to him. It's a minor thing, but it drove me up the wall because of how unnatural it sounded.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Weekly update:

Cyke really, really hates the Brood and is the absolute worst lookout ever. Also, he might have shrunk down by a solid 4-6 inches depending on which character he's standing next to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Honestly, after what he said he would do if his Uncanny run had continued, I'm glad Gillen left when he did.
    Cue to SinisterClops being put down by Emma for being weak over in SoS.

In other news, any shreds of hope I had for a decent Cyclops in the MCU seem to be going down in flames harder and faster than Scott's first airplane ride.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Cue to SinisterClops being put down by Emma for being weak over in SoS.
    I can totally see that happening, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In other news, any shreds of hope I had for a decent Cyclops in the MCU seem to be going down in flames harder and faster than Scott's first airplane ride.
    Oh? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Oh? What happened?
    Faux-Men cast returning and saying they will be doing it for a long time, that's what.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I still have hope. But I don't have the same confidence as before. Feige seems to just can't let go of the past for some reason. Not just with X-Men characters. Like, I get that Dafoe and Molina were great as Green Goblin and Doc Ock, but they were far from being irreplaceable. It's just weird that we would probably never get MCU's versions of these iconic characters.

I still think there's a decent chance that we'd get a good Scott. But there's also a chance that they just skip right past him and make Storm the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I still have hope. But I don't have the same confidence as before. Feige seems to just can't let go of the past for some reason. Not just with X-Men characters. Like, I get that Dafoe and Molina were great as Green Goblin and Doc Ock, but they were far from being irreplaceable. It's just weird that we would probably never get MCU's versions of these iconic characters.

I still think there's a decent chance that we'd get a good Scott. But there's also a chance that they just skip right past him and make Storm the leader.
    I expect Scott's best scenes in the MCU to end up in the same place as his Fox ones: on the cutting room floor.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think they will only introduce the MCU X-Men after their version of Secret Wars. They will probably use the Fox-Men like they did with Xavier in Doctor Strange 2.

Not that it means things will be better for Cyclops because of it, I have a feeling he will be as important in the MCU as he currently is in comics.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I think they will only introduce the MCU X-Men after their version of Secret Wars. They will probably use the Fox-Men like they did with Xavier in Doctor Strange 2.

Not that it means things will be better for Cyclops because of it, I have a feeling he will be as important in the MCU as he currently is in comics.
    Yeah, I have little optimism at this point as well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The importance of Cyclops in the MCU will depend mainly on the "standing" of the actor who will play his role. As long as we don't know the cast, there's no reason to be so pessimistic imo.
    Especially since the leader in the MCU always has an important role, just see Starlord and Cap America or even Ikaris.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    The importance of Cyclops in the MCU will depend mainly on the "standing" of the actor who will play his role. As long as we don't know the cast, there's no reason to be so pessimistic imo.
    Especially since the leader in the MCU always has an important role, just see Starlord and Cap America or even Ikaris.
    Yes, the only way we can be sure Cyclops will be important is if they make him a villain like Ikaris.

Yes, the only way we can be sure Cyclops will be important is if they make him a villain like Ikaris.
    Which would still be far better than Fox.