Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Nothing really importants happening with Scott.
    Agreed.

Using this time to read up some DC.
    Hey, let's not exaggerate. Things aren't THAT bad.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even the important stuff Scott is doing seems to be in the background currently. Or derailed by other writers. Scott was supposed to be involved in whatever was happening with Vulcan,.but when Vulcan got used by someone other than Hickman they forgot his 2 friends were supposed to be figments of his imagination, so the breakdown was delayed until other plans happened to pull Scott away. Then when Scott revealed reincarnation to the world the big event happened and Cap was brought back, taking away any long term drama that could have caused for Scott and shifting it elsewhere.
    I think this sums it up well. He's been involved in a lot that went nowhere for him as a character/story.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Well, he was mentioned by name in that synopsis of the next "big" event with Wanda's old mentor which is, UGH, hero vs. hero AGAIN, so I'm expecting him to get matched up against Cap or Storm and go out sad in the first round. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Well, he was mentioned by name in that synopsis of the next "big" event with Wanda's old mentor which is, UGH, hero vs. hero AGAIN, so I'm expecting him to get matched up against Cap or Storm and go out sad in the first round. Sigh...
    What mentor is that?

And yes, even if possession or other mindscrewing is involved, we know Scott is going down fast. Xavier or Sinister must have installed some telepathic back doors that every villain finds easily and every ally is incapable of seeing. It's the only plausible explanation left anymore.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Nothing really importants happening with Scott.

Using this time to read up some DC.
    FCBD is right around the corner!

cyclops-1200x900.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    What mentor is that?
    Agatha Harkness(sp?)

JD White said he usually have to add a couple of stablished characters to books, even if the writers have no plans to originaly use them, I'm almost certain Cyclops is one of those characters "forced" into books to help a little on sales.

Anyway, who else thinks Cyclops will be sacrificed in Fall of X to show how dire things are? For a while I think he is being saved to die when the x-office need to some impact.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 03-18-2023 at 03:33 PM.

Would it really have any sort of impact when he's died so many times post-AvX? I think we're at the point where the only death that'd make any sort of real impact for Fall of X would be Storm since she's been super-protected after the fiasco that was the Inhumans push made her look like an ineffective clown.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Would it really have any sort of impact when he's died so many times post-AvX? I think we're at the point where the only death that'd make any sort of real impact for Fall of X would be Storm since she's been super-protected after the fiasco that was the Inhumans push made her look like an ineffective clown.
    And of course because Marvel doesn't want to kill arguably it's most important black character, specially since her main competition for the title has been treated as a clown in his own title for years

Agreed with this

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And of course because Marvel doesn't want to kill arguably it's most important black character, specially since her main competition for the title has been treated as a clown in his own title for years
    I dont think they wouldnt do it bc she is black but bc she FINALLY has momentum after years of bad writing and slogging around. They did alot to bring her back to prominence that it would be more detrimental to destroy all that development by killing her off. It would be shocking but in the long run, not worth it

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So, any thoughts on Scott and where he might be going? Good? Bad? Neutral?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    So, any thoughts on Scott and where he might be going? Good? Bad? Neutral?
    Hard to say. I view the Brood like the Daleks from Dr. Who, or the Tyranids from Warhammer 40K. Or the Vord from Codex: Alera. A ravenous, all consuming horde that is a threat to all life as long as it continues to exist. Not something that merely kills to survive, but oftena commits genocide itself in order to do so, like a swarm of space locusts (with some added zombie tropes thrown in).

This is one case where discussing killing an entire species isn't a bad thing. Broo may have changed the rules the Brood operate under, but for how long? What happens if he dies, not just the prospect of being killed, but getting sick, or just old age?

Jean makes some good points too, however the Brood aren't really someone you stop from killing, you merely delay the next one rather than prevent it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think we should ready ourselves for a new era of Cyclops bashing, or at least for a divorce.

The divorce don't have to be a bad thing, except we all know the side editorial and Duggan will take. Best case scenarion we'll get a depressed Scott while Jean enjoys her life with Wolverine or whatever. Worst case scenario we get a stalker Cyclops spilling some semi-misogynistic shit about Jean.

If I have to bet, in Fall of X Cyclops will be "permanently" taken of the board for a while, possibly until the end of this krakoa era. Cyclops is, in my perspective, a character no one on the current team of writers have any special interest on, he is one of the most popular x-men, and probably brings in a few hundred buyers to X-Men, so they keep using him, but never as the leading character in the line.

So using him for some kind of "big moment/things are so dire", is something that would make sense to the writers, I mean, they took out Magneto, and he was actually important in the overall story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I think we should ready ourselves for a new era of Cyclops bashing, or at least for a divorce.

The divorce don't have to be a bad thing, except we all know the side editorial and Duggan will take. Best case scenarion we'll get a depressed Scott while Jean enjoys her life with Wolverine or whatever. Worst case scenario we get a stalker Cyclops spilling some semi-misogynistic shit about Jean.

If I have to bet, in Fall of X Cyclops will be "permanently" taken of the board for a while, possibly until the end of this krakoa era. Cyclops is, in my perspective, a character no one on the current team of writers have any special interest on, he is one of the most popular x-men, and probably brings in a few hundred buyers to X-Men, so they keep using him, but never as the leading character in the line.

So using him for some kind of "big moment/things are so dire", is something that would make sense to the writers, I mean, they took out Magneto, and he was actually important in the overall story.
    whats the lead up to this potential divorce?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Looks like the Wolverine fanboys in editorial are gonna try to break up Scott and Jean in this stupid Fall of X event.