Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not that I know of. Some covers, but nothing at all besides Knightwatch, and that wasn't her in person.
    Well, now we have three confirmed appearances: Tim Drake: Robin #5 and #8, and Harley Quinn #26.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Another pretty good appearance in Harley Quinn today, complete with Phillips giving Kate one strange line. Didn't get to see it, but it basically confirmed that Kate can outfight and handle multiple Harleys on her own without much trouble, so that's nice.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Another pretty good appearance in Harley Quinn today, complete with Phillips giving Kate one strange line. Didn't get to see it, but it basically confirmed that Kate can outfight and handle multiple Harleys on her own without much trouble, so that's nice.
    It would be weird if she (or most of the Batfamily) couldn't .

From the collection of CAF member Katherine Kane

The story behind the commission:

“A few years back i made request of Greg Rucka and being the wonderful man he is he indulged me. A love letter from Renee to Kate, one that would never end up being sent. This is one of the most precious things i have, inscribed in my Crime Bible and even today when i read it it still makes me cry.
    i was very lucky to gt a studio commission slot with the talented Cully Hamner and i sent him the letter telling him i completely trusted him to know Greg, Renee and how much i loved her and to do whatever he thought would fit.

this was the result, a beautiful, bitter sweet picture.
    i had a hard time not crying when he handed me this piece as we were out in public and i didnt need giant mascara/eyeliner streaks own my face.

this is a piece i love with all my heart and its going nowhere.

the letter does continue past the art.”
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post

“A few years back i made request of Greg Rucka and being the wonderful man he is he indulged me. A love letter from Renee to Kate, one that would never end up being sent. This is one of the most precious things i have, inscribed in my Crime Bible and even today when i read it it still makes me cry.
    i was very lucky to gt a studio commission slot with the talented Cully Hamner and i sent him the letter telling him i completely trusted him to know Greg, Renee and how much i loved her and to do whatever he thought would fit.

i had a hard time not crying when he handed me this piece as we were out in public and i didnt need giant mascara/eyeliner streaks own my face.

That's cool .

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post

That's wonderful. Now I'm going to attempt my best to decode the letter :P

Kate -
    I lose track of which of us needs to apologize to the other. It's probably my turn, and IF it is it comes down to this:
    You are my passion and my heart. Sometimes (often!) I'm ruled by emotions far more than I rule THEM.
    Look, I'm gonna **** it up and you know I am, and maybe the next time will be the last. You are my journey baby, not the destination - you're the reason I travel this road.
    And I will always I love you for that as much as for everything else. And it's you that I want. Because I'm crazy for you.
    Yours,
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    That's wonderful. Now I'm going to attempt my best to decode the letter :P

Kate -
    I lose track of which of us needs to apologize to the other. It's probably my turn, and IF it is it comes down to this:
    You are my passion and my heart. Sometimes (often!) I'm ruled by emotions far more than I rule THEM.
    Look, I'm gonna **** it up and you know I am, and maybe the next time will be the last. You are my journey baby, not the destination - you're the reason I travel this road.
    And I will always I love you for that as much as for everything else. And it's you that I want. Because I'm crazy for you.
    Yours,
    Renee
    Damn good job! Thanks for doing that. I think you nailed it.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Kate's profile from the upcoming The DC Book of Pride by Jadzia Axelrod:

9780744081701_spread_2.jpg

Mostly good. The last line of the main section is weird to me, because most of those examples weren't a result of organic story or character decisions, so it seems wrong to treat them as such.

The dislikes section, though... that really irritates me, despite it being so minor. It's true that Kate doesn't keep kosher, but that's hardly a dislike. It's a weird thing to say about her. But the second one is just completely wrong. I can think of three pages off the top of my head that at the very least call it in to question, if not outright disprove it. It's frustrating to see something like that said so matter-of-factly in an informational book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Huh, new hairstyle?

I'm wondering if they've given her her hairstyle from WFA, and this is just her wearing it down.

Bit worried why she looks so sad.

I'm wondering if they've given her her hairstyle from WFA, and this is just her wearing it down.

Bit worried why she looks so sad.
    I thought she looked more exhausted myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought she looked more exhausted myself.
    Maybe... there's another WIP image that's similarly ambiguous:

https://twitter.com/NikolaCizmesija/...C9-af9i4YtAAAA

Lovely little adventure with Kate, Kathy, and Bette in the most recent issue of Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries. Crazy we never got that in main continuity, even when Kathy was back and running around in Grayson for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Lovely little adventure with Kate, Kathy, and Bette in the most recent issue of Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries. Crazy we never got that in main continuity, even when Kathy was back and running around in Grayson for a while.
    I'm just happy to be having more Kate and Bette .