Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Her, too.

I just bought and re-read the Kindle trade paperback of her series in the arc where she was forced to work for the DEO and unmask Batman, and I had forgotten how good that book was. Also forgotten how much I've missed all of the supporting characters, especially Bette.

Also, inexplicably, the TBP had every issue of that arc except the final one (the Annual), which ticked me off.
    I came for Batwoman, I stayed for Bette.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Kate's story in the DC Pride issue was nice! Wish it were longer, but ah well. Is she going to be a regular in that new series then?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Kate's story in the DC Pride issue was nice! Wish it were longer, but ah well. Is she going to be a regular in that new series then?
    New series? I'm desperate for an on-going/mini with regular Kate appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Nothing about the solicits seemed to indicate so. I had hoped she'd be in the new BoP (and I guess she still could be since there's more announcements coming), but Cass will also be in that one. Tim Drake: Robin #10 is the last confirmed issue Kate will be in for the time being.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

17 years ago today, Kate Kane debuted in 52 #7.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    17 years ago today, Kate Kane debuted in 52 #7.
    She's come a long way . . . maybe?
    I commit to buying double issues of any new Batwoman volume, at least the first several issues.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Caivu I think you will be happy! Seems Batwoman and Batwing are getting a book!

rvdonsfhm6db1.jpg

And here's an announcement from Jackson and Collin: in the aftermath of Gotham War, two characters are going to be disillusioned with the whole idea of superheroing and what that means. So they're going to try something a little bit differently. "Looking into the history of the DC Universe," Jackson is teasing it. "It's an archaeology book." It's called Outsiders, with art by Robert Carey, with a cover featuring Batwoman and Luke Fox.

"DC has had so many crisises, but that is universes that have fallen apart. But what could have survived? What could have fallen in the cracks?" asks Collin. Jackson says that it's taking a lot of Star Trek's attitude of approaching the unknown with empathy in approaching how to explore the new and hidden parts of the DCU.

"This is the book we've been trying to do for a really long time," Jackson says. Ben says that Jackson and Collin pitched the book to him at SDCC last year, based on a pitch of Ben asking for a Batwoman/Batwing series. "We're really excited. Obviously, the Outsiders have a legacy, but this is something new," says Collin. "We love the Outsiders, but if your question is, 'when is blank showing up?' I'm sorry, they're not," says Jackson.
    Last edited by Katana500; 07-20-2023 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post

rvdonsfhm6db1.jpg

And here's an announcement from Jackson and Collin: in the aftermath of Gotham War, two characters are going to be disillusioned with the whole idea of superheroing and what that means. So they're going to try something a little bit differently. "Looking into the history of the DC Universe," Jackson is teasing it. "It's an archaeology book." It's called Outsiders, with art by Robert Carey, with a cover featuring Batwoman and Luke Fox.

"DC has had so many crisises, but that is universes that have fallen apart. But what could have survived? What could have fallen in the cracks?" asks Collin. Jackson says that it's taking a lot of Star Trek's attitude of approaching the unknown with empathy in approaching how to explore the new and hidden parts of the DCU.

"This is the book we've been trying to do for a really long time," Jackson says. Ben says that Jackson and Collin pitched the book to him at SDCC last year, based on a pitch of Ben asking for a Batwoman/Batwing series. "We're really excited. Obviously, the Outsiders have a legacy, but this is something new," says Collin. "We love the Outsiders, but if your question is, 'when is blank showing up?' I'm sorry, they're not," says Jackson.
    Speaking for myself, it's not my jam. I hope the people who buy the book enjoy it. But I'm skeptical it'll meet with long-term success. Seems obvious to me the best chance of renewing/increasing interest in Kate is to get Greg Rucka and/or JH Williams III back. Maybe DC has tried and both have passed on the offer. I don't know.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Her wig looks shorter in that cover.

rvdonsfhm6db1.jpg

I'm glad to see her back, especially with an opportunity to continue her and Luke's friendship from 'Tec. I'm not too keen on the disillusionment angle, though. It's going to be quite a hike to convince me that Kate would completely abandon superheroing after all she's been through, which in turn doesn't fill me with much enthusiasm for Gotham War; either what happens to her during that event is going to fall flat, or else it'll be horrific. And the same has to happen to Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her wig looks shorter in that cover.
    Based on the length, I don't think it's a wig at all. She finally ditched it. Look at the cowl, it's shaped differently and no longer covers her forehead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Speaking for myself, it's not my jam. I hope the people who buy the book enjoy it. But I'm skeptical it'll meet with long-term success. Seems obvious to me the best chance of renewing/increasing interest in Kate is to get Greg Rucka and/or JH Williams III back. Maybe DC has tried and both have passed on the offer. I don't know.
    I so agree with the last part, but of course that ship has sailed.
    Well, I promised I would buy 2 copies of a new Batwoman title and this is close, so I will at least for a few issues.

I even started reading Batman Incorporated recently.
    I'm more interested in other versions of Batman, and I have a real soft spot in my heart for Betty, Bette.
    ~ Oberon ~

So...Kate Kane being repurposed as JAKITA WAGNER...there are worse fates...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Kate will be going into "her Dana Scully Era" in Outsiders:

https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...95244282724353

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Kate will be going into "her Dana Scully Era" in Outsiders:

https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...95244282724353
    Well, they're both redheads in sci-fi settings...