Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

More hasbro ips marvel could end up with--

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Near mint around 12min mark says marvel does not have all the ips but "one at a time". Also, if the omnis don't sell they may not go forward with more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Near mint around 12min mark says marvel does not have all the ips but "one at a time". Also, if the omnis don't sell they may not go forward with more.

Well who else would that do an Omni on next?

Boom Studios just did a Kickstarter for a hardcover of Power Ranger stories by Marvel (and others).

Alf?

Cap Planet?

Pirates of Dark Water?

Boom is definitely keeping PR for at least another year, they announced a big event last week which will run for 12 months. Just not getting that is enough to say they're not getting all Hasbro IPs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd love to write a Visionaries revival. Go beyond the cartoons. Should be fun.

Fantastic Member

Too many licensed/copyrighted Marvel comics (in which Marvel doesn't own the property) I'd like to see reprinted for me to completely list. However, two at the top of the list are Marvel's Battlestar Galactica series (1978-1980) - which ran for #23 issues. And, the short-lived but well-done 8-issue Sectaurs series (1985-1986).

Battlestar Galactica has never been comprehensively reprinted, but did get some reprints years ago. Though, the issues were not remastered/recolored.

Sectaurs has never been reprinted. This comic was a tie-in to a well-done toyline ATT. Here are some links to both:

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...star-galactica

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sectaurs_Vol_1

At one time, I actually felt that many of the Marvel series based on other licensed properties were superior to some of their own series featuring Marvel characters.

Battlestar Galactica has never been comprehensively reprinted, but did get some reprints years ago. Though, the issues were not remastered/recolored.
    Marvel released a manga sized trade in the 80s with the first few issues. In fact, i have it on my marvel shelf right now!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-28-2023 at 03:11 PM.

Fantastic Member

Yes, I remember seeing that BG book. I think I may have had one of the oversized "Marvel Super Specials" that reprinted the original stories. I really liked the artwork in the adaptation of the pilot episode. And, in some ways I actually preferred the Marvel comic to the show itself. While I couldn't always check out the show, the comic was a lot more "accessible" - and the comic book stories weren't limited by the special effects of the era (like the show was).

Ultimate Member

GI Joe and Transformers are going to Image and it was spoiled in a variant cover for a book coming out next week.

Store owners knew it and LOL kept it secret.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/excl...void-rivals-1/

Comic book retailers kept the secret. After all, they had ordered over 100,000 copies for some reason. But then the Diamond Comics Distributors shipment landed in certain select stores in the USA today. And Bleeding Cool got the proof we were waiting on. That the Transformers and GI Joe will be making their debut appearance together for Image Comics and Skybound Entertainment in Void Rivals #1, out next week. And this will begin a new Skybound comic book license with Hasbro for Transformers and GI Joe. This comes just as the new film Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' ending implies "there is more to come in the form of worldbuilding" for the franchise, as Kaitlyn Booth notes in her review of the film.

Near mint who of course knew about this months ago confirms image does not have the rights to reprint the marvel gijoe and transformers comics. Sigh. 1:31.17 mark. IDW reprints may be off limits also.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Can't forget Logans' Run

Which somehow included a Thanos/Drax backup story in #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Which somehow included a Thanos/Drax backup story in #6
    Yeah! Along with early artwork from Mike Zeck

Apparently Hasbro wanted to include the Inhumanoids in a big crossover they were doing not all that long ago. At the last minute, they somehow realized that they didn't actually own the rights to the characters anymore, just the name "Inhumanoids." Not quite sure how that works.

Some more covers--

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]