Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    One surprise on defenders of the earth was killing flash's girlfriend (now wife) off. She was a longtime character to just kill off really fast in the first episode than just replace her with a robot version.

Also dote had a great intro song! Gets stuck in your head.
    definitely a different time, a provocative move that I suspect the show being syndicated instead of network based helped with. (it may have been seen on a network station but not commissioned by the network)
    ..... and I suspect now it'd be called out as "fridging", so I'm leaving that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    definitely a different time, a provocative move that I suspect the show being syndicated instead of network based helped with. (it may have been seen on a network station but not commissioned by the network)
    ..... and I suspect now it'd be called out as "fridging", so I'm leaving that alone.
    Completely understandable. Unable to say anything else, but your statements definitely hit close to home.

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-04-2023 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Captain Justice!

In case you don't remember it (don't feel bad, nobody else does either), is about a comicbook superhero that crossed over into the real world.
    It was based on a VERY short lived TV series and had an even shorter Marvel comic adaption.

The pilot actually had the Captain crudely drawn into a handful of Marvel comics.

Oh, also, it has quick cameo appearances by Spider-Woman and what looks like Firestar which is a neat little bit of trivia for ya'.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 12-06-2023 at 06:25 AM.

Yup that's spider-woman and firestar alright. I watched that show ironically. It didn't last very long.

Ultimate Member

One surprise on defenders of the earth was killing flash's girlfriend (now wife) off. She was a longtime character to just kill off really fast in the first episode than just replace her with a robot version.

Also dote had a great intro song! Gets stuck in your head.
    According to Flash's voice actor (who was also Leader-One's voice actor on Go-Bots and starred with Suzanne Summer on She's the Sheriff) -who was also the son in law to Ming voice actor, the show was suppose to be a sequel to the 1980s Flash Gordon movie.

I will have to watch that DVD of the series extras again but I think Filmation played a role in killing her off. Since they did have the rights to Flash Gordon as well.

Other than Flash and Ming-nobody else from Flash Gordon proper was there.

Which is why we didn't see Joker in Superfriends as he was linked to Batman Filmation series running at the time.

Correct on joker. Ironic they got the rights back for the superfriends last season, so he does show up for one episode and the intro and the end of the series.

Boisterously Confused

[IMG][/IMG]
    Man! I LOVED the Micronauts!

Extraordinary Member

That new Micronauts facsimile is great.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Man! I LOVED the Micronauts!
    Dude! I loved it whenever The Marvel Universe got referenced in their comics (XD)

Correct on joker. Ironic they got the rights back for the superfriends last season, so he does show up for one episode and the intro and the end of the series.

I loved how they tried to give a José Luiz Garcia Lopez vibe to the art in this drawing, and failed miserably.

Peace

CBR on alf getting made canon with the mu.

https://www.cbr.com/alf-marvel-evolu...war-crossover/

^^^OMG! Always was a fan of The Evolutionary War!! This definitely brings back memories (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-14-2023 at 08:37 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Did you know the real ghostbusters did a crossover with marvels transformers comic? Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^OMG! Always was a fan of The Evolutionary War!! This definitely brings back memories (LOL):

Not a fan of this twist.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin