Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Isn't there an issue with the original contracts Malibu gave to the Ultraverse creators and this is what is preventing Marvel from utilising these characters?

Writers say that's bull. Marvel just doesn't want to use them like the other universe they bought decade ago and at last is using them in something. Only rights trouble was nightman with his tv show but that was decades ago.

One thing is men in black. Not sure if marvel owns them anymore but they did show up in avengers forever first series.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    In the propierties than Marvel owns but don't want to use for whatever motive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Ultraverse is in the "marvel owns them but don't give a crap" category.
    Exactly.

Peace

Shogun Warriors--was a pretty fun series. Odd godzilla who was in the toyline didn't show up in the book. Fantastic four played a big role later also. Nice to see some big classic anime robots in the mu.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

They brought the shogun warriors toyline back a few years ago and even crossed over with he-man of all things but no new comic book for it as far as i know.

I guess Conan would count now, right?

Conan and his spin-offs 100% count.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    This, for me, is the biggest loss of all. ROM was fantastic, and it's a shame Marvel can no longer use him.

Peace
    I concur. All those relationships & team-ups built up throughout the run, just gone to waste.

Ultimate Member

Conan and his spin-offs 100% count.
    The copyright will run out soon enough, and he'll return

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I concur. All those relationships & team-ups built up throughout the run, just gone to waste.

Is that page implying that ROM triggered Rogue's heel-face turn?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The current Age of Marvels is a universe of fanfic solicitations created by posters on CBR. I think these offerings would bring a smile to people's faces here, or at least a "WTF is he thinkng?"

Amazing Fantasy is a title used to showcase ANY property Marvel has licensed over the years. I have a tendency to overload the cast and play with comic dress designs. Plus I have a free photoshop knockoff which I am getting less sucky with. I hope you enjoy.

The selling point I try to use is what do these vastly different concepts and properties have in common, and what could possibly bring them together?

AMAZING FANTASY #23
    Starring Sax Rohmer’s Fu Manchu, Philip Wylie’s Gladiator, and characters from Star Trek!
    “DOWN THE DOUBLE SPIRAL STAIRCASE”
    Special 23rd issue celebrating the 23 pairs of gene in human DNA!
    Written by GREG COX, MARJORIE LIU, AND ROY THOMAS
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Art by PAUL GULACY
    1894 – Professor Abednego Danner injects a formula into his testicles and into the womb of his wife before she is impregnated with a male child who is born on Christmas Day of that year.
    1930 – The boy, Hugo Danner, having been born with extraordinary superhuman physical and mental abilities, fakes his death and the destruction of his deceased father’s scientific notes.
    1957 – Fu Manchu approaches Dr. Rosalind Franklin seeking to acquire/borrow the scientist’s work on the structure of DNA and her virus studies. Franklin refuses and dies just over a year later of ovarian cancer.
    It is now 1968. Mankind will soon see the dark side of the moon. Har Gobind Khorana is one of the recipients of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine "for their interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis." One of his most brilliant students, Dr. Sarina Kaur, is starting her own research facility in India known as the Chrysalis Project to create superior human specimens. The facility is meant to be hidden and clandestine, but it has not escaped the notice of autocrat Fu Manchu, or the older but still vital, powerful, and brilliant Hugo Danner who believes much of his father’s work was stolen and used here, despite imperfections in the formula.
    Sir Denis Nayland Smith and Dr James Petrie discover much as they are sent by MI6 to investigate Fu Manchu’s interest in the mysterious Chrysalis Project. When these four parties come together, will any of them be able to perfect the methods of genetic manipulation of homo sapiens?
    32 PGs/ Rated T...$2.99

AMAZING FANTASY #25
    Starring Beavis and Butthead; Ren and Stimpy; Rocko
    “CRISIS ON INFROGINITE EARTHS”
    Written by JOE MURRAY and MIKE JUDGE
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Art by ALEX ROSS
    Backup by JIM STERANKO
    The Egyptian goddess Heqet is pissed. She has noticed in many versions of planet Earth where frogs are abused, tortured, killed, and otherwise disrespected. As a result of mankind’s deeds, she has decreed that their worlds must perish and be reborn. For she is goddess of fertility and rebirth and either has a full frog body or a frog head. Only one hero remains to stop her. Throg, Frog of Thunder and wielder of the hammer known as Frogjolnir. Once a human named Simon Walterson, he was cursed to become a frog. This also angered Heqet as being a frog is NOT a curse. Throg was unable to save his planet and it was destroyed by Heqet. Barely escaping with his life, Throg was able to locate one of many dimensional transference devices resembling frogs, known on many worlds as King Solomon’s Frogs.
    Unable to stop the onslaught, Throg was face with only three Earths surviving.
    Earth B&B: where delinquent boys known as Beavis and Butthead play baseball using frogs to hit with bats.
    Earth R&S: where a chihuahua named Ren Houk and a cat called Stimson J. Cat used to abuse frogs in their youth, although that was mostly Ren.
    And the worst Heqet will save even longer than she saves the previous two.
    Earth RML: where a family of frogs known as the Bigheads suffer due to the petty beliefs and hatreds of Ed Bighead. His friend Rocko, a wallaby has been ineffectual in bringing Ed to a more righteous path.
    Heqet has sworn vengeance and she will have it unless Throg can assemble a team from the aforementioned characters to thwart her scheme and convince her to recreate the Earths. By the way, your Earth is gone as well. This solicitation is a memory in your soul as it faces final judgment. Luckily there’s a long line of deceased so there still may be time to reed the book before you perished forever. It may all come down to Ed Bighead’s children Ralph and Rachel Bighead, actually the same frog from two points in their life together for the first time anywhere. Can Ed’s child, pre and post transition come together and convince a goddess that we are worth saving?
    Included is the Jim Steranko’s sequel to Frogs, Frogs 2
    96PGS/$2.99 TVMA

AMAZING FANTASY #26
    2OO1: a space odyssey
    “THE GIFT”
    Written by ALEJANDRO JODOROWSKY
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Art by MICHAEL ALLRED
    It is the year 2022. Leo Beige-Gray is a scientist working as one of Pan-Am’s representatives on the Europa examination team. Their goal is to find safe ways to traverse the Lucifer system without the still unknown radiation of Sol’s sister star adversely affecting Terran spacecraft. Beige-Gray remains skeptical of the venture, feeling nostalgic for the lost planetary king of the solar system and unsure of the powers behind the monoliths which were found on Luna, and which transformed Jupiter. The weeks of constant instrument readings, calculations, curve-fittings interspersed with roughly 90 minutes both ways communication with Earth is starting to wear on him.
    In a moment of emotional turmoil, he stares into the light of the new star Lucifer and asks “Why?” He is immediately transported to an Earth which is untouched by monoliths. It is somewhat similar, but feels very different. He is alone and no one else knows who he is. Additionally, there is a worldwide pandemic happening, war is a frequent occurrence, man had reached the moon just before the space exploration ceased, and Pan Am is no more. What has happened and how do the monoliths fit into all of this? Are they a gift, or a curse?
    32 PGS./Rated A for all audiences…$2.99
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Where's Neil Gaiman's ANGELA these days?
    She came on like a house on fire there at the beginning of Gaiman's deal to move her over to MARVEL
    (but I believe he retained ownership of the character)...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Who does own angela? Also does marvel no long have men in black?

Can't forget Logans' Run

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Babylon23; 01-08-2023 at 02:04 AM.

Who does own angela? Also does marvel no long have men in black?
    Marvel owns Angela - Gaiman sold her outright.

Marvel does still own Men in Black - it's just that the movies are distributed by Columbia (Sony) like Spider-Man due to the first film being released in the 90s before Disney owned Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman