Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Big Boa was supposed to be Rocky's rival. They actually did sculpt a Rocky figure, but it was never used.

Also, going back to Marvel. Rocky had a profile in a marvel handbook of GI Joe and even is seen on the back cover. (The likeness isn't good, which makes me wonder if they had the rights to Stallone's looks or not). The very next issue they retracted it and said that Rocky had never been a member of the team.

Also in that issue is another non-Marvel non-G.I. Joe owned member of G.I. Joe. Sgt. Slaughter.
    Just imagine if GI Joe Rocky would had teamed with Rambo...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Big Boa was supposed to be Rocky's rival. They actually did sculpt a Rocky figure, but it was never used.

Also, going back to Marvel. Rocky had a profile in a marvel handbook of GI Joe and even is seen on the back cover. (The likeness isn't good, which makes me wonder if they had the rights to Stallone's looks or not). The very next issue they retracted it and said that Rocky had never been a member of the team.

Also in that issue is another non-Marvel non-G.I. Joe owned member of G.I. Joe. Sgt. Slaughter.
    ^^^Oh, okay, now i've got the right story!
    TBH, young me would've been fine w. Rocky as a Joe, old me doesn't consider it a huge loss. It really makes no sense for him to be there, Kinda like The Fridge.

Now SGT. Slaughter, he made sense!

Of course Stallone himself was eventually in a film called COBRA (Which is actually based on Stallone's version of BEVERLY HILLS COP!)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yeah they thought they had the rocky ip down and turns out another toy company had rights. They found out after rocky showed up in that comic and posted the "oops" page to not get sued. Prototypes and file card were made. It got that far! In fact some of both made it out! The rocky prototypes were on the list of some of the most expensive 80s toys of all time! Good luck getting one! Tons of fan made figures, however. Neater is the "rocky was not in gijoe" didn't hold water. He is still listed as a member in most gijoe member guides online and cgc and other still list that issue as rockys first appearance in comics!

It would not be the last crossover--

Also, gijoe and cobra members--

Sgt slaughter
    Roddy piper joined cobra
    Matt tracker from mask--in fact we find out mask IS gijoe! We were watching a gijoe team the whole time and didn't know it and venom is part of cobra! (More ironic dc comics did the mask comic!)
    Street hawk--yes, the live knight rider bike like 80s show! He joined gijoe complete with his bike with the toy!
    Street fighter 2 cast joining both sides!
    The fridge
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-12-2023 at 10:52 AM.

What about the Planet of The Apes comcs from MArvel in the 70s?
    I suppose now they are under ownership at Marvel since they acquired Fox?
    Last edited by Peyton Westlake; 01-11-2023 at 07:41 PM. Reason: error from link

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Of course Stallone himself was eventually in a film called COBRA (Which is actually based on Stallone's version of BEVERLY HILLS COP!)
    I read that recently !
    I believe the movie studio wanted a different version.
    Here is what I found after digging it up and searching.
    Stallone was attached to play Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop up until two weeks before production started.
    However, he had developed a different idea of what the movie should be in the lead up to cameras rolling.
    Stallone took Beverly Hills Cop's script into his own hands and overhauled the tone and story.
    He made the movie a straight-up action movie, all but eliminating the humor Foley was supposed to have.
    Paramount didn't agree with this new take, partially due to the increased budget it would require.
    Instead of sticking around to do the version of Beverly Hills Cop the studio wanted, Stallone walked away from the project, leading Paramount to hire Eddie Murphy just two days later.
    Last edited by Peyton Westlake; 01-11-2023 at 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Some more--

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ^^^Ive heard this before…

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Westlake View Post
    I read that recently !
    I believe the movie studio wanted a different version.
    Here is what I found after digging it up and searching.
    Stallone was attached to play Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop up until two weeks before production started.
    However, he had developed a different idea of what the movie should be in the lead up to cameras rolling.
    Stallone took Beverly Hills Cop's script into his own hands and overhauled the tone and story.
    He made the movie a straight-up action movie, all but eliminating the humor Foley was supposed to have.
    Paramount didn't agree with this new take, partially due to the increased budget it would require.
    Instead of sticking around to do the version of Beverly Hills Cop the studio wanted, Stallone walked away from the project, leading Paramount to hire Eddie Murphy just two days later.
    …and man did we dodge a bullet!
    Cobra is my least favorite Stallone action movie. It was just…soulless.
    It’s like everyone involved sleepwalked through the entire production. Stallone and Brigitte Nielsen had zero chemistry (which explains their 19 month marriage). Nice frikkin’ car though.

I agree.
    Cobra was pretty weak, had some decent action, but overall not one of his better movies.

Hopefully this counts, but how about...

Sledge Hammer!

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-12-2023 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Sledge Hammer counts.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    More Amazing Fantasys. In the first one, I kill Solomon Kane and bury him up the street from where I grew up.

AMAZING FANTASY #27
    “THE LESSER KEY OF SOLOMON” featuring the Daughter of Solomon Kane
    Written by Alan Moore
    Plot by CaptCleghorn
    Art by Howard Chaykin
    Using concepts from the pens of Ramsey Campbell, Philip Jose Farmer, Robert E. Howard, H. P. Lovecraft, and Gianluigi Zuddas
    Early in the seventeenth century, the paladin known as Solomon Kane returned home to his native England. He took a wife named Bess and they prepared to live their remaining days in peace. However, Bess died in giving birth to their first child, a girl who Solomon named after her mother, Elizabeth, known as Bess. It became clear that this life was not for Kane and he made arrangements for his daughter while he went back out to fight evil, never to return home.
    Years passed and when Bess reached adulthood, she was unhappy with her mundane life and had an inner yearning to find what had happened to her father. The young woman struggled to retrace her father’s last journey both fighting those who would deny her based on her sex, and also the foreboding sense of evil as she drew closer to traces of her father.
    A trip to the frozen wastes of Greenland gave her evidence her father had then gone west across the ocean to the new world. She found other Puritans who were traveling to that land in the 1630s and she went with them. Upon reaching the new world, she followed a tributary of what would be known as the Miskatonic River upstream to an area the natives only know as “Dunwich”. In order to free her father and his staff, she dares to read a forbidden text causing the demon known as Ygolonac to appear demanding the Kanes serve his evil purposes, or they will be eaten..
    Witness the struggle of Bess and her elderly father as they fight to get back to the settlement. Watch the final fight atop the hill with a mysterious granite boulder sitting there.
    If you dare, you may attempt visiting the grave of Solomon Kane at 42° 36' 54" North by 71° 50' 57" West. However, there are multiple reports that the revolutionary war era graveyard adjoining the unmarked grave is haunted.
    66pg… $2.99 Special magazine sized (8½ x 11) issue, Rated M for mature audiences

This was sparked by a bizarre cartoon and the more I looked at it, the more a plot came into being.

AMAZING FANTASY #29
    “WHAT IF… THE MARVELOUS LAND OF OZ WAS ON THE PLANET OF THE APES?”
    Written by Eric Shanower
    Art by Skottie Young
    Plot by CaptCleghorn
    The Wicked Witch of the West is dead. As a reward for her brave assistance to the Emerald City and the land of Oz as a whole, Dorothy Gale and her dog Toto have been allowed to use the magic ruby slippers to take them home to Kansas. But Oz has another crisis brewing. The Witch of the West had kept a population of flying monkeys under her control and after her death, the monkeys are now free. They also wish to go home.
    Far to the East, there is a land where science changed the landscape. Where Oz was shaped and changed by magic, those areas had three species of ape gain intelligence and take control over man. It is there that the monkeys fly and where they ask for help in wrecking vengeance over Oz. The Ape Cities arose when dogs and cats were wiped out and man became mute as Apes took control. A talking girl and her dog certainly attract attention.
    The Scarecrow and his newfound intelligence negotiate with the scientific orangutangs.
    The Tin Man and his heart seek to gain the trust of the Chimpanzees.
    But the greatest challenge may be a Talking Lion with his newfound courage trying to control an army of warlike gorillas.
    Can the flying monkeys and their quest for vengeance be halted?
    32 pp $2.99 Rated T for teen (13+) audiences

And here, we have two sitcoms. One with continuity problems based on a nuke going off and one where a controversial movie finale left a black mark. Can Buckaroo Banzai save them both?

AMAZING FANTASY #30
    “THIS IS IT!” featuring Alf, Buckaroo Banzai, and Sledge Hammer
    Written by PAUL FUSCO (Alf)
    EARL MAC RAUCH (Buckaroo Banzai)
    ALAN SPENCER (Sledge Hammer)
    Art by KEITH GIFFEN (layouts)
    KEVIN MAGUIRE (finishes)
    Plot by CAPTCLEGHORN
    Gordon Shumway is an extraterrestrial from the planet Melmac, colloquially known as Alf (Alien Life Form). His planet was destroyed by nuclear war while he was space bound, causing his ship to crash on Earth. He spent time hiding with an Earth family but was captured by a rogue faction of the US military. Released from custody and finding his Earth family unavailable, he heads to San Francisco to give the visiting POTUS warnings about nuclear war.
    In San Francisco, newly promoted SFPD Lieutenant Dori Doreau is responsible for handling security for the visiting President. She assigns Inspector Sledge Hammer to search for a reported alien creature wandering the streets. However, unknown to them at this time, a band of attractive bikini clad terrorists are in the process of hijacking a nuclear device and using it to ransom the city when POTUS is there. If this sounds familiar, it’s because our officers have encountered the gang led by fitness guru Jill Taylor. They failed and San Francisco was destroyed in a nuclear blast sending Doreau and Hammer back five years which they have relived (relax, it’s sitcom time travel). Can they get it right this time?
    Adventurer, brain surgeon, rock musician Buckaroo Banzai has detected a disturbance in the time stream and excessive radiation. This supposed disruption of spacetime affects a planet in the Aldente Nebula in the Andromeda Galaxy which was destroyed due to nuclear conflict. Buckaroo believes he can save both planets, Earth and Melmac, but he will have to make sure that the San Francisco blast is averted by the human police and their Melmac helper while Buckaroo flies into another dimension to link both planets, saving both from nuclear Armageddon.
    Can they do it? Don’t worry, they know what they’re doing.
    48 pp… $2.99 Rated T for teen (13+) audiences
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Anyone remember this?

I used to watch sledgehammer. Was shocked to find marvel did a comic complete with Santana on the cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Anyone remember this?

I think this was from Geoge Perez (RIP).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin