Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Just off the preview, Hill continues to write the best Blade:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/09/22/ma...eview-blade-3/

Blade resisting magic mind control like nothing. In line with him being the only Avenger to be completely unaffected by Mephisto mind wiping the marvel unverse. Also how that interdimensional creature from the Danny Lore one-shot couldn't manipulate his emotions.
    That being said, I wonder if Blade was largely unaffected by a House of M? I don’t remember seeing him much in comics during that period, but he was seen in the Black Panther book post HoM in the crossover with Cage/BrotherVoodoo/T’Challa.

Mighty Member

Keeps pushing strong. This is the first issue where the book slows down for a bit, but it's buiding towards a really exciting confrontation. It really is wild to say 3 issues in but this is the best Blade book that's ever been put out.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Keeps pushing strong. This is the first issue where the book slows down for a bit, but it's buiding towards a really exciting confrontation. It really is wild to say 3 issues in but this is the best Blade book that's ever been put out.
    It is certainly on track. Then again, the bar is low. Blade has only had 2 ongoing titles and neither went past 12 issues.
    Surely the reception on this title will get us past that point. Surely.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just like my favorite 90s action movies haha

Blade is so cool guys. Actually looking forward to the Strange team up next issue. Hope Blade calls him out on his “I’m disappointed” bullshit. Stephen almost causes the apocalypse every other week!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man this series is on point in every aspect. If this book doesn't sell and we don't get a nice long run I will legit be pissed at shop owners and fans.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Mighty Member

Like just the weapons we've seen him use, last issue it was a demon breathing rifle, this issue apparently he has a dagger that blows enemies up from the inside.

And word, luckily it seems like it's doing alright so far

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Man this series is on point in every aspect. If this book doesn't sell and we don't get a nice long run I will legit be pissed at shop owners and fans.
    Not only is this one of the better Blade runs, this is actually one of the better books overall coming out right now. The characterization, pace, and plot are all hittin'! We haven't even got to how appropriate the art is for this book. Marvel needs to market this book and Blade better. Hell when they do right, I'll give them all props.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Not only is this one of the better Blade runs, this is actually one of the better books overall coming out right now. The characterization, pace, and plot are all hittin'! We haven't even got to how appropriate the art is for this book. Marvel needs to market this book and Blade better. Hell when they do right, I'll give them all props.
    Yessir, Blade is one of the very few cases of Marvel actually giving us the book we've always wanted. The only problem is that they aren't letting anyone know it due to zero marketing.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who

Mighty Member

Damn yea I just checked the sales and #2 didn't do well at all. That's pretty sad. The reviews are great and everyone reading it seems to love it.

I think you're right. I haven't seen any real coverage of it elsewhere.

Yeah sales wise issue 2 cratered which is pretty sad considering how well issue #1 did. I just refuse to believe that anyone that read issue 1 didn't come back for issue 2 so it seems to me to be shop owner BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah sales wise issue 2 cratered which is pretty sad considering how well issue #1 did. I just refuse to believe that anyone that read issue 1 didn't come back for issue 2 so it seems to me to be shop owner BS.
    It's interesting that we don't see YouTube comic reviewers really covering this especially with all the substandard stuff getting covered now. If I had the know how I would definitely drop a video.

Mighty Member

That's what surprised me too. The people who are reviewing it are saying great things, but the bigger channels aren't talking about it at all

Mighty Member

This is surely one of the best things Bryan Hill has written. The fact that it's not in the top 5 sales-wise or at least on the level of Moon Knight, is a bit depressing. It reminds me of Doctor Doom by Cantwell: absolutely loved by fans, but poor sales. I really hope it finds its audience because it's superior to most of the current Marvel comics.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

One thing I saw someone consider is that the second issue came out in the last week of August (literally the second to last day)

Annoyed by their analysis though because they're just assuming Hill's done a bad job: https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...s/#dead-titles

Looking at the lowest ranking titles from the last month, most of them shared that August 30th date: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ases-full-list

Honestly after checking that out I'm not as concerned.

One thing I saw someone consider is that the second issue came out in the last week of August (literally the second to last day)

Annoyed by their analysis though because they're just assuming Hill's done a bad job: https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...s/#dead-titles

Looking at the lowest ranking titles from the last month, most of them shared that August 30th date: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ases-full-list

Honestly after checking that out I'm not as concerned.
    Yeah they are really full of shit with the people not liking Hill's story nonsense.