Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, without the microexpressions, Blade is just this really taciturn, stoic guy. TV series Blade, in other words, who ended up taking second-fiddle to his sidekicks, because the sidekick actors could actually emote.
    I don't think that on the Blade series the issue was which actors could emote or not, making Krista the not so stealthy star didn't seem to be something that just happened due to acting quality, or perception of, but it seemed to be Goyer's plan all along. Right off, Krista had more personal stakes than Blade. Blade was just there as a hook to get viewers. That wasn't an actor issue, that was more of a creative issue, and for some reason Goyer (without Snipes' input) didn't have much interest in making Blade an interesting character in his own right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Which comic is this from?
    All out avengers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I don't think that on the Blade series the issue was which actors could emote or not, making Krista the not so stealthy star didn't seem to be something that just happened due to acting quality, or perception of, but it seemed to be Goyer's plan all along. Right off, Krista had more personal stakes than Blade. Blade was just there as a hook to get viewers. That wasn't an actor issue, that was more of a creative issue, and for some reason Goyer (without Snipes' input) didn't have much interest in making Blade an interesting character in his own right.
    Which is again because people took the wrong lessons from the movie. Cool = no emotional stakes or development for a lot of writers. We see that in how some people write him in scenes and also how people write his fights. Blade rarely has to struggle in his fights. Writers either having him chopping up no names or he's completely ineffective in too many depictions. I think Jason Aaron has written the best Blade action in the last decade, just in his fight with Xarus and the Silver Surfer/Gladiator.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I will always say that cancelling the Blade TV series after one season was a mistake.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

https://www.polygon.com/23660504/mar...-comic-release

New series. you excited, I love Elena artwork but Bryan Hill, was not impressed with his Fallen Angels, but how is his other work.

Mighty Member

Yes! Gotta check out this dude's other series. Wow it's been 16 years since his last on-going series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yes! Gotta check out this dude's other series. Wow it's been 16 years since his last on-going series.
    Oh okay, so Hill other works are pretty good? I read Fallen Angels and wasn't impressed and that sentiment is it was the weakest of the beginning of the Hickmanverse X-Books.

Marvel’s slickest vampire hunter returns in a brand new ongoing by Bryan Hill (KILLMONGER) and Elena Casagrande (BLACK WIDOW)! True evil is patient. And a dark, ancient power has been simmering quietly for centuries…and when Blade himself is the one to unknowingly unleash it, Marvel’s entire supernatural underworld will come out of hiding to demand he handle it. Or pay a pound of flesh for his mistakes. Bloodbaths, blackmail and Blade – you won’t want to miss the explosive first issue of this new volume!
    Sounds promising I will check this out!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Oh okay, so Hill other works are pretty good? I read Fallen Angels and wasn't impressed and that sentiment is it was the weakest of the beginning of the Hickmanverse X-Books.
    I've only read his Killmonger mini which I thought was pretty cool. Also think he wrote pretty good action scenes. To clarify, I meant that I need to check out his other stuff cause I'm not that familiar with most of it.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/23660504/mar...-comic-release

New series. you excited, I love Elena artwork but Bryan Hill, was not impressed with his Fallen Angels, but how is his other work.
    I was mostly looking forward to the expansion of the vampire nation story by mark russell. I did enjoy his Black Panther one-shot if it is the same Bryan Edward Hill.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Marvel take my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go!
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The only Bryan Hill I've read was the 2019 volume 3 of Batman and the Outsiders and then I stopped at issue #12 due to budget. I was liking it.

So ready to get a new Blade series, I hope Bryan Hill is ready to bring it hard!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm damn sure on board for a new Blade ongoing.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Very interested!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Spectacular Member

Crazy it's been that long since his last solo. I think I was one of the very few who liked it.