Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

First issue sold out and is going back for a second printing!

https://twitter.com/popversesays/sta...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Dare I hope for this to at least last 25 issues?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

And just like that we have a good Blade book. See, was that so hard Marvel?!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It is hard when writers are dismissed as being diversity hires or not having talent or their previous/current jobs by so-called fans.

We YELL for new blood because we claim to be tired of the Bendis, Johns, Adams, Wells, Zubs, Lodbell and others-yet dismiss the new folks before the first preview.

Funny what happens when folks actually TRY a book and do something called READING it versus listening to the echo chambers that don't buy comics.

It's not like Hill doesn't have experience he did do Angel and Spike over at Boom Studios.

Ultimate Member

Nah, Marvel has been messing around with Blade for a long time now.

There are a number of independent horror books written by black writers that Marvel could have hired (although, I don't agree that a black writer has to write a black superhero).

I enjoyed the new Blade book. I hope Marvel can keep it around and actually support the character.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-21-2023 at 10:32 AM.

People should do what I do: just get and read the comic first, and then check who writes it and any relevant background info... or not. Who cares if the writer is veteran or novice, black or white, or whatever? The only thing that should matter is if he does a good job.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    People should do what I do: just get and read the comic first, and then check who writes it and any relevant background info... or not. Who cares if the writer is veteran or novice, black or white, or whatever? The only thing that should matter is if he does a good job.
    Exactly this.

Mighty Member

I know about the Vampire nation, but... a werewolf nation? Did I miss something?
    That was just established in this issue

Incredible Member

THIS. All of this.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Lol, you must have forgotten just how many years and attempts its been. Short answer...yeah it's hard as hell for them. It took a brotha that really gets, and likes the character to finally get good results for Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It is hard when writers are dismissed as being diversity hires or not having talent or their previous/current jobs by so-called fans.

We YELL for new blood because we claim to be tired of the Bendis, Johns, Adams, Wells, Zubs, Lodbell and others-yet dismiss the new folks before the first preview.

Funny what happens when folks actually TRY a book and do something called READING it versus listening to the echo chambers that don't buy comics.

It's not like Hill doesn't have experience he did do Angel and Spike over at Boom Studios.
    Yes! Case in point a brotha just finished up a good mini for Sabertooth, in the X-office of all places anti- black male. I don't see anything new where he's getting follow up work. When you have something good keep it going. They need to have good, fresh writers in the rotation to build their name and presence.

Spectacular Member

New Marvel Legends Blade action figure on Amazon for pre-order.

Marvel Hasbro Legends Series Blade, Knights Collectible Comics 6 Inch Action Figures, Legends Action Figures https://a.co/d/er7qjVt

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Just finished the first issue. Love the artstyle and the costume Blade wearing. He looks like a cool anime character which I love. I also like that Blade is fighting more than just vampires, because I hope I do not offend any Blade fans but I personally feel vampires are quite "limited" in the Marvel Universe in terms of threat.
    Bullseye.... Agreed and co-signed!!!

Mighty Member

That's why vampires needed the nation. On their own they're fairly easy for any character with energy manipulation or is skilled with swords to dispose of. The vampire nation gave them an in-universe reason to expand their scientific and magical potential as threats.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Blade will be guest-starring in Miles' book.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #11
    CODY ZIGLAR (W) • PARTHA PRATIM (A) • COVER BY FEDERICO VICENTINI

A BLADE BITES IN BROOKLYN!

A sinister force has infiltrated SPIDER-MAN’s new neighborhood. Thousands are at risk, and HIGHTAIL and the CAPE KILLERS already have Miles on the ropes. His only hope may lie in vampire hunter BLADE, who has business in Brooklyn. But Blade and Spidey may not exactly see eye to eye on the current predicament. One that Blade really wants to sink his teeth into
    Solicit for #12 is out as well and says he has his daughter Bloodline with him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman