Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    What's in July?
    I think the new Blade comic book series comes out in July. I subscribed the other day.

I hope that whenever the writer's strike is over, they can have an all new script for the film.
    I still want it to be very violent, but also to have more of a horror vibe. Give Blade some new power stunts, too. Take it way beyond what was shown in the previous films.

Read the Bloodline comics so far. Its not bad, does have the soft webtoon feel but its ok.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

The moments between Blade and Brielle have been sweet. Always nice to see Deacon Frost come back with some respect paid to his history.

Also in Spiderman 2099, Blade's half-zombie son has featured in the last two issues

Mighty Member

Blade's greatest hope rests with the last person he wants to ask – a hostile ex! Blade travels to Japan to meet with a high-end supernatural arms dealer who may be the key to defeating the Adana, the deadly threat Blade has inadvertently unleashed upon the world! But first he'll have to protect the arms dealer from the underground that wants her head.

Its about damn time

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

Blade's greatest hope rests with the last person he wants to ask – a hostile ex! Blade travels to Japan to meet with a high-end supernatural arms dealer who may be the key to defeating the Adana, the deadly threat Blade has inadvertently unleashed upon the world! But first he'll have to protect the arms dealer from the underground that wants her head.
    New suit looks kind of dull. Maybe it just needs the jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah I think the coat has become a Blade signature so seeing him without it this costume just feels off.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've been saying he needs a design rehaul for a while now, they don't have to reinvent the wheel but anything would be nice.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Here's a variant cover where he still has the coat

Also are you all hoping for any other big characters in the first arc, or kinda hoping they lean into creating Blade's own world for the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Here's a variant cover where he still has the coat

Also are you all hoping for any other big characters in the first arc, or kinda hoping they lean into creating Blade's own world for the series?
    I freaking love this cover!!! To answer the question I would prefer leaning into creating new stuff for Blade and establishing his corner of the MU.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Fantastic Member

I like the coat, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Blade's look getting a redesign either.

Bloodline #4 Spoilers....

I caught up with Bloodline #4. I'm liking the miniseries more and more. I was happy they didn't kill off Safron and hopefully she'll make it out of the series. The idea of a clone of Deacon Frost raising human and vampire children was a very unexpected twist. I don't know enough about Frost, or his clones, but it was neat that Safron knew about it. Though my biggest quibble was I wish they had depicted how exactly Blade got captured.

Mighty Member

Yea I thought that was weird too, especially because Blade had just cleared an entire mansion of vampires real quick. Only thing I could guess is he didn't want to kill the human children

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I think the new Blade comic book series comes out in July. I subscribed the other day.
    I didn't know you could subscribe to comics anymore.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I didn't know you could subscribe to comics anymore.
    Yeah. You can go to Marvel and subscribe. That's what I've done with titles from DC and Marvel, through Midtown. I will say that ordering books directly from Midtown has been a better experience than subscribing. Back in the day, getting the books in the mail wasn't too bad, but after the pandemic, it's been more of a hassle. But whenever I order directly from Midtown I get books quicker.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 05-26-2023 at 10:23 AM.