Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Or a fashion magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Donna was in two books today. Titans and Wonder Woman. Donna and Diana shared a dream about her finding New Cronus.

EDIT: lol, two of us posted at the same time!
    This week was definitely great for Donna Troy stans. In Titans #2, Donna was shown as a capable leader and tactician. Love to see how the other Titans rally around her leadership and her position as field leader either when the situation dictates or, if Nightwing is not available.

Wonder Woman #800 Donna's cameo hopefully solidifies Donna's place in the Wonder Woman family as Diana's sister. I've mentioned before that Donna's original origin of being rescued from a fire and adopted by Queen Hippolyta was reinstated as canon in Artemis: Wanted one-shot. We are seeing Donna referring to Diana as her sister several times now in the main WW book, which is nice. For those wondering, Donna's origin will be flushed out in Tales of the Teen Titans #3 so, hopefully, we'll get some answers to questions, such as are Donna's powers gifts from the Titans of Myth or, some other origin (originally, Donna received her powers from the Amazon's Purple Ray)?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I didn't really understand why they made her hesitant to lead in Titans. It should be natural to her by now

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I didn't really understand why they made her hesitant to lead in Titans. It should be natural to her by now
    True - Donna has led the Titans before. My thoughts about the hesitation was for the writers to illustrate her leadership role and that the other Titans back this up. This was highlighted by the conversation between Donna and Kory when she tells Donna: "If you're leading, I'm following."

Going from a peer to a leader can sometimes be difficult, especially if we're talking childhood friends. Others may challenge that position and here we see that Donna's leadership is not only respected but almost expected. Once again, showcasing that the Titans are no longer children but, are respecting each other as adults.
    Last edited by donnafan; 06-21-2023 at 09:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A 19 year old engaged to a 34 year old man with a daughter
    Would rub people the wrong way today
    Fans weren't crazy about it in the 80s either. Yuck!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    True - Donna has led the Titans before. My thoughts about the hesitation was for the writers to illustrate her leadership role and that the other Titans back this up. This was highlighted by the conversation between Donna and Kory when she tells Donna: "If you're leading, I'm following."

Going from a peer to a leader can sometimes be difficult, especially if we're talking childhood friends. Others may challenge that position and here we see that Donna's leadership is not only respected but almost expected. Once again, showcasing that the Titans are no longer children but, are respecting each other as adults.
    I was wondering why Donna felt she needed to talk to Kory afterwards. Has Kory been the de facto leader in Nightwing's absence?

These covers are sublime, but I do feel Terry shouldn't be ignored. Yes, some people meet and marry others ten or more their senior. Not everything is grooming. Donna is an Amazon princess who have saved the world multiple times, for goddess sake. What could a devoiced father do to manipulate her when she literally did not need him for anything? Plus, it wasn't as if he had known her since she was a young girl, or something creepy like that. She was 18 or 19 when they met and got married a year or so later. Maybe Marv and George shouldn't have gave Terry the beard and curly fro, which aged him greatly... even if it was the fashion for some men back in the early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    I was wondering why Donna felt she needed to talk to Kory afterwards. Has Kory been the de facto leader in Nightwing's absence?
    Actually, it was Donna who led the Titans after Nightwing was shot (2018's Batman #55. Nightwing was shot in the head by Russian assassin KGBeast). I'm thinking that the conversation between Donna and Kory was more to illustrate a couple of things: Donna's leadership role and the close bond and respect these two women have with each other. During the original Wolfman/Perez NTT run, Donna and Kory were inseparable, even becoming roommates at one point. It makes sense that if Donna was feeling out whether her teammates had any issues with her taking on a leadership role, she'd start with Kory.
    Last edited by donnafan; 06-21-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Actually, it was Donna who led the Titans after Nightwing was shot (2018's Batman #55. Nightwing was shot in the head by Russian assassin KGBeast). I'm thinking that the conversation between Donna and Kory was more to illustrate a couple of things: Donna's leadership role and the close bond and respect these two women have with each other. During the original Wolfman/Perez NTT run, Donna and Kory were inseparable, even becoming roommates at one point. It makes sense that if Donna was feeling out whether her teammates had any issues with her taking on a leadership role, she'd start with Kory.
    Their closeness was precisely why I was confused. I was thinking given that they have been best friends for decades, wouldn’t Donna already know how Kory felt about her as a teammate and a leader?

I think Taylor is basically handling this like someones' first Titans run and just going with his own version of character dynamics/history to suit his story.

(I guess Stafire "lead" Titans Academy, but not by much).

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Taylor is basically handling this like someones' first Titans run and just going with his own version of character dynamics/history to suit his story.

(I guess Stafire "lead" Titans Academy, but not by much).
    She was considered the head-mistress for some odd reason that was never really explained (that I can remember.)

Taylor is a fan of the Nu52 Titans movies and has referenced them during twitter convos. Starfire was the leader of the team in those movies and we also see her meeting Dick Grayson and the Titans at a much younger age in the movie than they did in the comics. He is obviously taking cues from those movies hence why Donna isn't immediately taking charge and why Starfire/Raven/Cyborg are shown as teens in a flashback when they joined the Titans even though they were all college aged when they met in the Wolfman/Perez run.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Starfire was also leader of the Titans for a time in the Rebirth era. Since they were both leaders of the team before, so Donna decided to check if her friend was cool with Dick choosing her and Kory had no problem with it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Starfire was also leader of the Titans for a time in the Rebirth era. Since they were both leaders of the team before, so Donna decided to check if her friend was cool with Dick choosing her and Kory had no problem with it.
    I guess just because we've hardly seen these characters really interacting lately or referencing their relationships, it just feels kind of jarring.

Noting the anachronism of Donna's fangirl wearing Troia's star field on this version of the cover of WORLDS FINEST TEEN TITANS #3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.