Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    LOVE THAT. We need to see more of this side of Donna (and all of them) in Titans

Donna should be a style icon! She was always impeccably dressed in NTT and under Jiminez.

Very nice artwork by Jen Bartel, Ms. Troy looks very chic. But looks like the visuals were flopped before the text dress was added. But for the Jen Bartel signature, I'd be sure of it with my image editor's eye. Just looks more natural, especially with the corner box being on the traditional side.

Donna Troy Bartel flop.jpg

Then again, the corner box image seems to be from this artwork from April, so I'm likely wrong.

Last edited by Thirteen; 08-18-2023 at 04:41 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

That variant is part of a series that's been running since issue 1. They always have the same layout with the corner box, logos and other text on the right side.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

WOw, beautiful, stylish, sexy Donna!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Rhea yes, Jen Bartel! Donna looks so chiq!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yes that is what I meant. As a kid in the 70's I assumed she was Diana's actual little sister until I read that back up story that told Donna's first origin story. Donna is still one of my favorite Titans I'm just saying that they had the opportunity to keep it really simple and they didn't. I assume Marv was trying to keep Donna's back story interesting and mysterious which I get.
    Couldn't agree, more! I think some comic book writers like to impress themselves by writing elaborately layered and dramatic stories for superheroes! Most of them are novelists and screen writers, used to creating long, complex narratives for their stories. Since the mid-late 1980s, ..origin stories is where they like to show off those talents, best.

About Drusilla...in the Mod Era WW comics of the early 1970s (when Diana had lost her Wonder-powers), ..she actually was Diana's Amazon sister - as much as Nubia or Mala were! Like her TV counterpart, Drusilla was a wide-eyed ingenue and a royal messenger of the Amazons, ..seemingly one held in great affection by Diana and the Queen. Comic book Dru, also appeared to be a younger, less travelled Amazon, than Diana, ..but like TV Dru and Donna Troy, she was a fast learner and never above making jolly sport of her superhero work. Drusilla was all kindsa' fun!

Remember when Donna Troy was fun, like Yara...even moreso. Heh!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-24-2023 at 10:21 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

on Twitter, new Wonder Woman writer Tom King verified that Donna along with the other Wonder Girls will appear in the first five issues of the series. No indication of how large a part Donna or the other WGs will play in the plot/storyline but, at least we'll get a Donna appearance in the pages of the main WW book again.

Speaking of the new WW creative team, during today's Q/A with fans, artist Daniel Sampere responded to a question regarding the WW supporting cast, singling out Donna Troy and said he loved her. Good to know. Same.

https://twitter.com/Tiffany54854884/...76696753598691

I love how he draws her with those anime/Shojo manga eyes .

Kyle was so lucky...

Obvy, I'm on a 90s GL kick with the Donna issues lol. So much relationship and relationship drama but its all good drama. I miss these two together. The 90s were a good time for Donna she was appearing all over the place.