Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1096
    Extraordinary Member

For the Tales of the Titans Donna Troy issue, was Helena Kosmatos portrayed looking old?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    For the Tales of the Titans Donna Troy issue, was Helena Kosmatos portrayed looking old?
    Yes. In Tales of the Titans #3, Helena Kosmatos, aka Fury, called herself a "centenarian" and visibly looked older. In Phil Jimenez's Wonder Woman run, Helena was portrayed as looking young. It's possible that channeling the Furies power has given her long life but, she's not immortal and has aged slowly? Maybe someone can else can remember Helena's most recent appearance in the comics and whether there was an explanation regarding her appearance/aging.

Astonishing Member

I don't recall how Helena first came back. She had been missing for decades. My assumption was that she had lost control too many times and actually became Tisephone (the head Fury/demon) full-time. But then, all of a sudden, she was back -- though a little confused.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I don't recall how Helena first came back. She had been missing for decades. My assumption was that she had lost control too many times and actually became Tisephone (the head Fury/demon) full-time. But then, all of a sudden, she was back -- though a little confused.
    She was in Jimenez’s Wonder Woman run in the present.

Astonishing Member

Yes, but I think she showed up before that -- in an anthology series. Maybe 'Legends of the DC Universe' -- not the CW show. Looked it up. Yes, she makes her first modern day appearance in issue #30.

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/c...e-9f6e6ded4a4a

You're correct: Legends of the DC Universe had a 3-part story that involved Helena Kosmatos aka Fury as a Wonder Woman foe. At the end of the story, Diana feeling sorry for Helena, brought her to Themyscira and her mother and asked if Hippolyta would help the young woman. Chronologically, this story appears to have occurred prior to the Phil Jimenez run that featured a Donna Troy/Troia backup story with Helena/Fury.

I belive the last we've seen of Helena was during Infinite Crisis when the Amazons were fending off an Omac attack on the island and Fury was among the Amazons in battle. Shortly thereafter, the Amazons disappeared and since their return, we haven't seen Helena/Fury who has been missing since the New52.

I'm pretty sure that this is the first time Helena has been shown as being older. I definitely liked that she was a Donna Troy ally along with Vixen. Donna's been around for a long time but, we rarely see her connections to the larger DC Universe outside the Titans. Would love to see more of that. Perhaps this one-shot and Donna interest revivial will lead into a solo mini or something down the line.

I will never stop loving Donna's starfield costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This is soooo nice!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Comics dealers are reporting that the Donna Troy Artgerm design is the #1 pre-ordered Titans Beast World cover!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Should we ever see Donna as WW again or get a new costume....this is still one of my fave WW costumes that do some minor adjustments and would be great for Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Should we ever see Donna as WW again or get a new costume....this is still one of my fave WW costumes that do some minor adjustments and would be great for Donna
    Was a variation of this all gold?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where is this from?
    It’s from one of Batman/superman comics in the early 00s