Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    It’s actually rather well known in the industry that Terry Long was a “self-insert” of Marv Wolfman’s.

But if you’re of the mind that this all should be taken at face value and nothing cultural should be read into it, that’s absolutely fine. That’s not how I read it, though.

That “infantilizing of teenagers” comment has been a hallmark of adults attempting to justify their problematic and often non-consensual behaviors. I’d rather we “infantilize” young people than let them become the victims of predators.

I just watched "War of the Roses" (Good Movie!) so I'm going to use it as an example. Michael Douglas is 10 years older than Kathleen Turner in real life, about the same difference as Donna and Terry, yet they were paired together romantically in 4 projects. Michael Douglas is 25 years older than Catherine Zeta-Jones, yet they've been happily married 22 years. If you're compatable after the age of consent age is just a number.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Honestly I believe Terry's design has a lot to do with all the hatred, it wasn't just the age difference but how he was depicted. I think fan backlash was the real life cause of their break-up and why he written as such an ass#@le. If he were cuter fans would have accepted him more.
    I will agree that societies have a beauty bias and will let a lot of things slide if they find the person attractive that they wouldn't if they found the person unattractive.

I don't think Terry Long was ugly or unattractive. I just thought his behavior was creepy and groomy.

Leonardo DiCaprio has been getting flack for dating women much younger than him for years and he's better looking than Terry.

Let this character die, jesus.

Anyway, look for the news from DC today, looks like we are about to get some Titans goodness with Donna Troy.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Let this character die, jesus.

Anyway, look for the news from DC today, looks like we are about to get some Titans goodness with Donna Troy.
    What will we have news from DC today?
    I guess a new Titans series by Tom Taylor and Travis Moore will be announced at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    What will we have news from DC today?
    I guess a new Titans series by Tom Taylor and Travis Moore will be announced at some point.
    Looks like it's the Titans book being announced, but it also looks like Nicola Scott is doing the art.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...65966033948674

https://mobile.twitter.com/NicolaSco...68083536719873

https://twitter.com/nicolascottart/s...9168687042562?

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Nicola Scott!!? Oh my... take my money!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Nicola Scott!!? Oh my... take my money!
    YES. Nicola Scott!

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Dear Hera,

Please don't let Tom Taylor take his dislike of Wonder Woman out on Donna Troy and portray her as irrelevant or depowered or background noise to Dick Grayson's foreground. Thank you.

P.S. And please have Nicola Scott design a decent costume for Donna. Thanks again!
    Last edited by HotBoy; 01-25-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Titans by Tom Taylor and Nicola Scott drops May 16.

Finally back to her best suit !

Fantastic Member

At least the bracelets and silver lasso of persuasion are back in play and that dreadful sword and shield are gone.

I like all of these looks, especially Donna.

This black and silver looks nice and yay! The Silvery Lasso is back in hand (pun intended!)!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like all of these looks, especially Donna.

This black and silver looks nice and yay! The Silvery Lasso is back in hand (pun intended!)!
    Donna Troy back in the starfield, combing elements of her most iconic looks. Loosing. My. Mind.

Great to see the best element of her iconic black suits has come back. It's also great to see her lasso return. I wonder if Nicola pulled some strings there. But I'm not a fan of the big stars. Maybe they'll quietly disappear a few issues in, lol.