Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Yeah, the golden age Fury. I assumed that mantle was vacant due to the Infinity Inc version being killed off in the 2000s. Didn't realise the 40s version was still active even though she's over 100 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I didnt know donna had a Pegasus too? Do all amazons wondergirls have one
    Hmm, I did think that was unique to Yara.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Donna's Pegasis, Discordia, was introduced in new52 Finch Wonder Woman run vol 4 #42. She's rarely seen/referenced so, I'm glad Orlando brought her back!
    New 52? Isn't New 52 Wonder Woman supposed to be no longer canon? Most of it turned out to be fake memories didn't it? Even Diana's time with the Justice League in that era has been pushed back in the timeline to pre-New Teen Titans (to preserve Cyborg's New 52 origin). And of course Donna was a clay creation at the time, which this issue confirms was also fake as Donna's pre-Flashpoint history is intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The issue was ok. My biggest thing is that it feels like Donna always has to have "who am I" drama and her/Dick always have to have heart2heart conversations.

But she had some fun action scenes
    Captain America would be impressed by that. Too bad the shield was destroyed later.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I just realized what is missing from this costume for Donna...she needs her necklace from her red costume, only done in silver. Attachment 134890
    Hmm, Dick says she's always been a Wonder. Is that a hint to her returning to using a variation of that name? Either sharing Wonder Woman with Diana or reverting to Wonder Girl and sharing that with Cassie and Yara? She does already have a W on her costume.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Orlando competing with Phil Jimenez for how many obscure characters he can bring back or reference in his stories.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New 52? Isn't New 52 Wonder Woman supposed to be no longer canon? Most of it turned out to be fake memories didn't it? Even Diana's time with the Justice League in that era has been pushed back in the timeline to pre-New Teen Titans (to preserve Cyborg's New 52 origin). And of course Donna was a clay creation at the time, which this issue confirms was also fake as Donna's pre-Flashpoint history is intact.
    Technically, a version of the pegasus existed since the Bronze Age. It belonged to Nikos Aegeus.

Yeah, the golden age Fury. I assumed that mantle was vacant due to the Infinity Inc version being killed off in the 2000s. Didn't realise the 40s version was still active even though she's over 100 years old!

Hmm, I did think that was unique to Yara.

Captain America would be impressed by that. Too bad the shield was destroyed later.

Hmm, Dick says she's always been a Wonder. Is that a hint to her returning to using a variation of that name? Either sharing Wonder Woman with Diana or reverting to Wonder Girl and sharing that with Cassie and Yara? She does already have a W on her costume.
    I didn't even notice that, nice job. As for Wonder names...Wonder Donna? Donna Wonder? Wonder Troy? Troy Wonder? Wonder Tot? I personally would like Donna to have a code name and especially with wonder in it.

Variant cover for Titans: Beast World 1 by Artgerm.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Gorgeous. I'm glad they brought back Donna's best modern costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Yay Donna!

WONDERful!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Looks like he used Conor Leslie for inspiration. Beautiful cover!
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

IMG_1543.jpg

Donna Troy WIP from current Wonder Woman artist Daniel Sempere. This is most likely from an upcoming issue of WW. Glad to see Donna Troy getting more attention.

Incredible Member

So I've been catching up on Wonder Woman comics from the past 6 years (might create a thread on it later) and I've reached issues #754 & 755 (part of the Four Horsewomen arc by Steve Orlando) and it is shown that at some point Diana told Donna that Donna's Rebirth origin is a lie and that her New 52 origin is, in fact, the truth (not sure how this is possible because Rucka's Rebirth run established that everything to do with Themyscira during the New 52 was basically a dream but I digress). Did this conversation between Diana and Donna actually happen in another comic? Because I'd like to read it if it did.

Here are the relevant pages from Wonder Woman #754 and #755.

IMG_1543.jpg

Donna Troy WIP from current Wonder Woman artist Daniel Sempere. This is most likely from an upcoming issue of WW. Glad to see Donna Troy getting more attention.
    Please draw more Donna Sempere !

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    So I've been catching up on Wonder Woman comics from the past 6 years (might create a thread on it later) and I've reached issues #754 & 755 (part of the Four Horsewomen arc by Steve Orlando) and it is shown that at some point Diana told Donna that Donna's Rebirth origin is a lie and that her New 52 origin is, in fact, the truth (not sure how this is possible because Rucka's Rebirth run established that everything to do with Themyscira during the New 52 was basically a dream but I digress). Did this conversation between Diana and Donna actually happen in another comic? Because I'd like to read it if it did.

Here are the relevant pages from Wonder Woman #754 and #755.

What Rebirth origin? Donna took a while to have her origin changed after Rebirth WW negated the New 52 one (it wasn't fixed until Artemis: Wanted last year). That scene is probably a flashback to New 52.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

IMG_1543.jpg

More Donna from Sampere, Siempre!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

What Rebirth origin? Donna took a while to have her origin changed after Rebirth WW negated the New 52 one (it wasn't fixed until Artemis: Wanted last year). That scene is probably a flashback to New 52.
    I actually already managed to find it and it's a reference to Titans Annual #1 (2017) during the Rebirth era. So I guess the current writers just forgot about this lol.

Which was published when said origin was already invalidated by New 52 WW getting negated. That clay origin has been binned and it should've already been by that point. The Titans writer screwed up.