Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

I'm not so much put off by DT's codename situation, anymore. I'm asking what good is all of her strutting and branding, if she's hardly in the WW comic doesn't seem to have much of anything, like an active relationship with a major character (any of them) to invite writers to plug her into more WW stories.

Forget the Siggy-Donna thing. Maybe, Steve Trevor's family could be retconned in as the family, who adopted her, when she first came to Man’s World - a variation on Dru's cover from the 70s TV show.

Just think she needs a stronger narrative tie to what's going in WW.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-06-2023 at 07:00 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    But what good is any of that, if she's never or hardly ever in the WW comic?

That "I'm Donna Troy, *****" scene -did that happen in DC, somewhere? Like...where is she a thing - Metropolis? It seems like everything cool happening with Donna is happening outside of the Wonderverse, with no impact on anything or anyone in it - particularly anyone, who isn't a kraken or an Amazon.

Hate that, in spite of all her badassery, she's still not attached to anything, like Nightwing or Flash.
    The "I'm Donna Troy..." line happened in the Countdown to Infinite Crisis #15. Synopsis: Donna and Jason Todd, later joined by Kyle Rayner, search for the missing Ray Palmer in the Nanoverse, as Palmer is the key to surviving the the coming crisis. The trio did a bit of multiverse-hopping where Donna encountered and defeated an evil duplicate of herself.

Regarding Donna's codename: I think Nicola Scott had hinted that we may see a codename. I'd be OK if it was: Troy, Fury, or simply left as Donna Troy. Nothing else seems to work/make sense for the character.
    Last edited by donnafan; 09-06-2023 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's a problem with how DC misuses her. It isn't an issue a change in code names is going to solve.
    So much this. Troia, Darkstar, Wonder Girl... doesn't matter what name she uses if she's not used for anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    So much this. Troia, Darkstar, Wonder Girl... doesn't matter what name she uses if she's not used for anything good.
    Agreed. With Donna's inclusion in the Titans, their new status in DC, and Donna appearing within the first 5 issues of the new Wonder Woman book, I have high hopes that we'll see some decent Donna content. Plus, she'll be showcased in Tales of the Titans out later this month. That makes this Donna fan super happy.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

This era was peak Donna...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Jimenez's l9ve for Donna really shone though during his run!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

Tales of The Titans #3 Preview
    Writer: Steve Orlando
    Artist: Kath Lobo

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Love it already

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

What a great cover! Donna looks WONDERful!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Not so spoilery -- Donna's pre-crisis "Diana saved Donna from the fire" origin is the first page. Reason it's not really a spoiler: this origin was back in canon in Artemis: Wanted one-shot. So, not a huge surprise here.

On twitter, Orlanda was asked by a fan whether he was able to "choose" which origin he could use. Orlando's response: the choice is from the main writer, which means Tom Taylor is embracing Donna's fire origin story. We may see this origin refrenced in the Titans later on. Glad to see it. Hopefully, this puts to rest readers/fans questions about which origin the writers are going with so that we can move past the "Who is Donna Troy" storyline and get to some further characterization.

Also - love the friendship between Donna and Mari - something Orlando touched upon in his Wonder Woman run.

The best origin won, as I see it. Screw that space gods junk and Dark Angel, too.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The best origin won, as I see it. Screw that space gods junk and Dark Angel, too.
    Of course, the fire origin still begs the question: where did Donna get her powers from...?

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Of course, the fire origin still begs the question: where did Donna get her powers from...?
    Rhea so simple

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Rhea so simple
    I actually LOVE the idea that Donna got her powers from Rhea/Titans of Myth because, it sets her a bit apart from Diana PLUS, pays homage to the Post-Crisis Wolfman-Perez origin.