Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

At this point I'm just glad she has her old origin. It may not quite fit with the timeline, but she's hardly the only character like that.

I didn’t really like the issue that much. I thought the story was very cliche even if I liked some elements like bringing back Donna’s photographer side. Orlando could have done way more to reestablish Donna’s continuity and her unique place in the DCU. The one-shot was just a cute story and the art didn’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't notice she had her Golden Age outfit on in the flashback. Weird.
    I mean kind of, except it was originally culottes, not a skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    On today's book she wasn't draw like a toddler in the fire scene, she could be like six years old or a little more, so you basically cut that time of active Wonder Woman by half.
    She looks pretty little..not like an infant, but no way a 6 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think she should be, it solves a lot of problems, for instance the ages of Steve Trevor and Etta Candy.
    It also solves the problem of Steve and Etta to have Diana not be in the US since the 40s. Geez I wish the ptb would let that go. She wasn't that once Earth 1 was created.

Let that Diana be Earth Two's Diana. Let the current one be the contemporary of Kal and Bruce

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The issue was ok. My biggest thing is that it feels like Donna always has to have "who am I" drama and her/Dick always have to have heart2heart conversations.

But she had some fun action scenes

I liked it, it's the kind of secondary story one would expect in the new Sensation Comics series.
    Helena Kosmatos appears saying that she is a centenarian, despite that I think she has not had any participation in the new JSA series or the new Golden Age. But well, good to see her.
    I also liked the new Baron Bedlam, bah he's new to me, I don't know if he has appeared before.
    Geo Force is in prison for killing Ras al Ghul and Terra is in hiding torturing Deathstroke, so I think Markovia is a good place for Donna and Fury to establish themselves as a team while the ban on Amazons living on American soil lasts. Of course that's not going to happen because she belongs to the Titans more than the Wonderverse, so...
    I also like that she doesn't have the sword, and she uses her lasso and shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The issue was ok. My biggest thing is that it feels like Donna always has to have "who am I" drama and her/Dick always have to have heart2heart conversations.

But she had some fun action scenes
    Well, she has her reasons for asking herself that and all her writers too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Even in a cartoony artstyle, Donna's got a dump-truck .

Timeline wise, I always imagined the DCU having a 15 or 18 year timeline. It's the only way I can reconcile so much history and so much sidekicks.

Either Donna has to be a little older when Diana rescues her or you have to age her down a bit (which makes her history with Terry extra ick). I would take the former over the latter. Donna has to be 19 at least when NTT happens and Dick was 18 there. So you could have Donna being rescued at 8 years old instead of an infant.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even in a cartoony artstyle, Donna's got a dump-truck .
    Ha, I missed that until you mentioned it!

I was looking at her shield with the star in the middle and the "W" symbol and all the detail.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I didn’t really like the issue that much. I thought the story was very cliche even if I liked some elements like bringing back Donna’s photographer side. Orlando could have done way more to reestablish Donna’s continuity and her unique place in the DCU. The one-shot was just a cute story and the art didn’t help.
    Story was good and I thought Donna shined, but it would've made more sense as a Terra story.

I personally liked the issue. The art style is not normally my cup of tea but, I think there were enough details such as the lines on the boots, the sheild detials, the facial expressions - that I could enjoy the art. I thought the story had a lot of good elements. Dealing with her origin in one simple page. Done. Move onto the story. Lot's of Easter Eggs including the Lasso of Persuasion, Discordia, Helena Fury, Donna/Dick relationship, and Vixen friendship. Donna was able to shine as a powerhouse, taking down a powerful foe single-handedly. For me, it ticked all of the boxes I was looking for in a Donna Troy story. I can overlook the clunky dialog between her and Dick. I was glad to see them bonding and their bestie friendship highlighted. Overall, I think it was a great issue for Donna and honestly, I'd like to see what comes next.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I just realized what is missing from this costume for Donna...she needs her necklace from her red costume, only done in silver. donna.jpg
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really enjoyed Orlando's story, it was a nice done-in-one but quite fulfilling from a character exploration standpoint.

I'm an unabashed fan of Donna's Titans of Myth origin, I love the story, love that kind of background for Donna and love the Troia identity. But all in all, her first origin is simple, timeless and extremely easy to digest so I'm happy to see it officially restored.

The last page left me wondering if Tom Taylor is going to pick up where Orlando left off. It would be a bit of a rehash of Who is Donna Troy? perhaps, but at this stage it's been so long that I wouldn't mind honestly.

I thought it was rather good. Surprised to see Helena Kosmatos pop up.
    Unsurprised that Orlando worked in other characters hes done in the past.
    VERY surprised to see the pegasus from the Meredith Finch run make an appearance.