Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Age difference decreases as a factor when the percentage of difference decreases. Ten years isn't thought of as a big difference when both people in the relationship are middle aged or older. That said, Hollywood has a bad track record of pairing older males with younger females -- because Hollywood doesn't like to cast mature woman as co-stars in major productions. That still has not changed much!
    This is true, which is why I wasn't sure what point a certain poster was trying to make about Leonardo DiCaprio.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    None of the new designs bother me, but none of these are really great either. I do like that Cyborg's design seems to be taking notes from the animated version -- which is the only modern version I like. I loved Perez's design, but it's dated. That big stars on top of the starfield isn't a great choice. Kory's outfit is just okay. Will they allow Raven to finally be an adult again?!
    I'm tired of the starfield in all it's incarnations and Donna's stars on top of stars are terrible, I would've greatly preferred an update of the red costume. Kori somehow looks dowdy, her DCYou costume was the best one since the original. Speaking of original, Raven has yet to top this...

RAVEN 4.jpg

I loved the pumps, fingerless gloves with rings and the navy instead of black. It's so simple and plain yet amazing.

I think the titans might be a limited series given that the JL is coming back in a few months and that ever other dawn of DC comic title is so far titled with 1 of 6. Tom is a better writer when it comes to limited series

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Looks like Donna is gettin a codename in Titans! Yay!
    Attachment 128910
    I'd rather she stick with Troia. Maybe it's because it's been so long, but I don't think she needs another; Donna Troy is a commanding enough name. And the skeptic in me feels like the name will be terrible, assuming it is something entirely new.

Also, thinking about it, the "W" on her belt doesn't fit her she hasn't been Wonder Girl for 30-plus years. Maybe it's a hint about her new codename but if Wonder is anywhere near it then I don't want it.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Brett Booth design her belt to be like a W anyways, but for some reason other artists didn't pick up on that.
    Her belt is like the W on Wonder Woman's chest. Some goes for the symbol on her neck.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Brett Booth design her belt to be like a W anyways, but for some reason other artists didn't pick up on that.
    Her belt is like the W on Wonder Woman's chest. Some goes for the symbol on her neck.

It's a little more streamlined in those, so it feels like a homage without being too on the nose. The W now feels more like her WG belt, which is far more noticeable in design than in these photos. It's not without precedent, but I prefer how seamless it was here compared to what we have now. Plus, the suit is based on her previous Troia costumes, where a "W" is omitted altogether, so it sticks out in comparison.

I guess I'm trying to say that the W is too big, and that's what throws it off.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

This always looked too clunky and armored to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    It's a little more streamlined in those, so it feels like a homage without being too on the nose. The W now feels more like her WG belt, which is far more noticeable in design than in these photos. It's not without precedent, but I prefer how seamless it was here compared to what we have now. Plus, the suit is based on her previous Troia costumes, where a "W" is omitted altogether, so it sticks out in comparison.

I guess I'm trying to say that the W is too big, and that's what throws it off.
    I get it. I don't mind tho. She is a part of the Wonder Family, even if the writers of Wonder Woman don't seen to remember that 90% of the time. But she won't be called Wonder Girl again, that's a given.

Whatever the new name is or if it's Troia again, i wish the they could dedicate a single issue to streamline her origin and make a definitive one going foward.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, I always thought that was a "W", patterned after Wonder Woman's.

But I prefer the new Donna look and "W" belt.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I get it. I don't mind tho. She is a part of the Wonder Family, even if the writers of Wonder Woman don't seen to remember that 90% of the time. But she won't be called Wonder Girl again, that's a given.

Whatever the new name is or if it's Troia again, i wish the they could dedicate a single issue to streamline her origin and make a definitive one going foward.
    Part of me wants them to skip it unless they get clever with the multiple origins thing.

I thought the baby in the fire origin was back. But then again, Donna hasn't done anything prolific in a while for her origin to be addressed.

Looking forward to seeing her in the Titans book. With Nicola involved I'm hoping good things for Donna especially since Nicola is such a huge WW fan.

I also this doesn't mean we only see Donna in the Titans book and she gets to make regular appearances in the Wonder Woman book as well.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Donna's Rebirth look had a stylized W although, some artists interpreted it as an "A." You can clearly see the W when drawn by Jimenez. I'm enthused about the new Titans book. So far, Donna's portrayal in Nightwing has been as a strong and competent warrior. No reason to think that Titans would be any different. Plus, Nicola Scott is such a huge Wonder Woman fan that I'm sure Donna will be handled with care.

Speaking of Donna's look, I read on Twitter from Nicola that putting Donna back in her red suit was discussed between her and Taylor. I'm really happy with the look they chose because, although I think the red look is one of her most iconic, it also feels like a step back for the character. Let's move her forward past her Wonder Girl days. You know, if Wally could be Flash, Donna could be Wonder Woman. Just sayin.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think it's a bit different when it comes to Donnas costume. She was the first sidekick who got a revamped costume. Everyone else got theirs with new names.

I personally would've loved the red paired with the starfield incorporated into it and maybe retain the collar she has

I always thought she looked great in black, so I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Great to see the best element of her iconic black suits has come back. It's also great to see her lasso return. I wonder if Nicola pulled some strings there. But I'm not a fan of the big stars. Maybe they'll quietly disappear a few issues in, lol.
    That's straight from her 70s and 80s costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Donna's belt has a distinctive "W" on it.

So is Donna going by Wonder Girl?
    More likely Wonder Woman. There's already two Wonder Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Part of me wants them to skip it unless they get clever with the multiple origins thing.

I thought the baby in the fire origin was back. But then again, Donna hasn't done anything prolific in a while for her origin to be addressed.
    The baby in the fire origin is back, per Artemis Wanted, which recapped the origins of both Donna and Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Donna's Rebirth look had a stylized W although, some artists interpreted it as an "A." You can clearly see the W when drawn by Jimenez. I'm enthused about the new Titans book. So far, Donna's portrayal in Nightwing has been as a strong and competent warrior. No reason to think that Titans would be any different. Plus, Nicola Scott is such a huge Wonder Woman fan that I'm sure Donna will be handled with care.

Speaking of Donna's look, I read on Twitter from Nicola that putting Donna back in her red suit was discussed between her and Taylor. I'm really happy with the look they chose because, although I think the red look is one of her most iconic, it also feels like a step back for the character. Let's move her forward past her Wonder Girl days. You know, if Wally could be Flash, Donna could be Wonder Woman. Just sayin.
    Agreed. If Cassie and Yara can both be Wonder Girl, Diana and Donna can both be Wonder Woman. This Titans team is meant to be filling in for the Justice League. Donna taking the WW mantle would fit with that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I do think it is interesting that other than the starfield costume, all aspects of the Titans of Myth have been removed from her costume (or perhaps not been returned is a better phrase.) her choker and belt buckle were both symbols for New Chronos. So it does leave one to wonder if that aspect of her origins will be removed.