Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

More likely Wonder Woman. There's already two Wonder Girls.

Diana and Donna can both be Wonder Woman. This Titans team is meant to be filling in for the Justice League. Donna taking the WW mantle would fit with that.
    I am fine with Donna being called Wonder Woman!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Going on record to say I absolutely do not want her to be called Wonder Woman. She's her own person. Nightwing isn't Batman.
    I w always been partial to Troia or Darkstar ( but with Starfire on the team, too many stars?!? Although we had Redstar so ..lol)

All I know is, calling her " Donna Troy" is ridiculous . She needs a codename. A decent one.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I do think it is interesting that other than the starfield costume, all aspects of the Titans of Myth have been removed from her costume (or perhaps not been returned is a better phrase.) her choker and belt buckle were both symbols for New Chronos. So it does leave one to wonder if that aspect of her origins will be removed.
    She just doesnt have the choker because Nicola despises chokers right now (ty New52)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's straight from her 70s and 80s costume.

More likely Wonder Woman. There's already two Wonder Girls.

The baby in the fire origin is back, per Artemis Wanted, which recapped the origins of both Donna and Cassie.

Agreed. If Cassie and Yara can both be Wonder Girl, Diana and Donna can both be Wonder Woman. This Titans team is meant to be filling in for the Justice League. Donna taking the WW mantle would fit with that.
    There's a precedent for there to be WONDER WOMEN
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Going on record to say I absolutely do not want her to be called Wonder Woman. She's her own person. Nightwing isn't Batman.
    I w always been partial to Troia or Darkstar ( but with Starfire on the team, too many stars?!? Although we had Redstar so ..lol)

All I know is, calling her " Donna Troy" is ridiculous . She needs a codename. A decent one.
    I dislike Troia and to me, Darkstar never fit Donna.

Agree, Donna needs a new and Great superhero name. Alas, like the Marvelous Jean Grey, it is hard to find!

But also, Donna is a Wonder Woman and part of the Wonder Women like Diana and Nubia.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yeah, it wouldn't be Donna's first time using the name. It's definitely a backwards step for her to be Wonder Girl again, but like I said, Wonder Woman would fit with the whole replacing the League thing. As for the Dick being Nightwing and not Batman thing, well, sharing his mentor's name works for Wally.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Unless you're a GL, I am vastly against heroes sharing a name. I always liked Troia for Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Unless you're a GL, I am vastly against heroes sharing a name. I always liked Troia for Donna.
    And now i pondered... what if... DCAU had Troia(complete with new Chronos plot)?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    And now i pondered... what if... DCAU had Troia(complete with new Chronos plot)?
    IF it was ALL-NEW and ALL GOOD, otherwise.....

But Donna has long since abandoned "Troia" and it would seem like going backwards at this point (at least to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    IF it was ALL-NEW and ALL GOOD, otherwise.....

But Donna has long since abandoned "Troia" and it would seem like going backwards at this point (at least to me).
    What hasnt she abandoned though? She's gone through a million origins, how much more reinventing the wheel can she go through?

Saw this fanart and its a good inbetween

https://www.**********.com/artwork/wJlbkg
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-27-2023 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I dislike Troia and to me, Darkstar never fit Donna.

Agree, Donna needs a new and Great superhero name. Alas, like the Marvelous Jean Grey, it is hard to find!

But also, Donna is a Wonder Woman and part of the Wonder Women like Diana and Nubia.
    Being " a" wonder woman is not the same as being ," the" Wonder Woman.

Wally adopted his mentor's identity and costume( basically) and was "the" Flash for a huge amount of time. That's different than just taking on the codename.

Donna used the name when she adopted the role of "the" Wonder Woman. She deserves to have her own identity and moniker.

The Titans are " replacing" the JL. They're not becoming the JL. The team stands on its own merits, with it's own dynamic. It's not the JL nor should it be. It's just taking the place the JL held... so I don't feel we need a specific " Wonder Woman", etc.

That name though.... ��

Ignoring the codename... I like this.

My only thing is the red symbolizes her as Wonder Girl, and the black and silver have been a symbol of her growing past that. It's the main reason why I'm for that color scheme sticking as it is now.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Titans by Tom Taylor and Nicola Scott drops May 16.

I love Nicola's work don't get me wrong, but since when does she dislike chokers? Without boobbage or a nehru collar, there needs to be something to break up all that risqué exspance of visable clavicles. It's just looks like she forgot her jewelry or she's about to go play volleyball or something.