Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Saw this fanart and its a good inbetween

https://www.**********.com/artwork/wJlbkg
    Besides the boots this is okay. I really like the belt, change the boots to black and it could be an update of the Cardy costume.

Attachment 128975

I've always liked the simplicity and Jean Grey-ness of the name Donna Troy, but I don't hate Wonderstar. It's better than a lot of options I've heard.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 01-27-2023 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I love Nicola's work don't get me wrong, but since when does she dislike chokers? Without boobbage or a nehru collar, there needs to be something to break up all that risqué exspance of visable clavicles. It's just looks like she forgot her jewelry or she's about to go play volleyball or something.
    Counterpoint: she already has the bracelets, the arm bands, the earrings... She doesn't need anything cluttering up her neckline. Plus, it's basically the classic WG silhouette, and she didn't need anything at her throat then. It's a cleaner look

I hate those armbands, who is she, Cleopatra?

Whoops. Seems that you're not allowed to link to that website, the swear filter broke it!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’d be fine with Troia, mayyyyybe Wonder Woman (hadn’t considered that!)
    Don’t love Wonderstar. I’ve spent like 20 years trying to create a new one I like, but nada lol

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

https://www.**********.com/artwork/wJlbkg
    I dont hate it, the belt is cool...kind of reminds me of the one Diana wore in the Odessey storyline. Those boots though are just not it, they need to be all black. The one big negative is the name, Wonderstar is just not good.

In the category of remixing the Wonder costume into a red star field pattern, these hit closer to the mark...
    donna_troy__wonder_girl___phil_jimenez_homage__by_xmed_dca1j8r-fullview.jpgdonna_troy__wonder_girl_by_xmed_db72tya-fullview.jpg
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I’d be fine with Troia, mayyyyybe Wonder Woman (hadn’t considered that!)
    Don’t love Wonderstar. I’ve spent like 20 years trying to create a new one I like, but nada lol
    Yeah, making up a new one seems.... like a bad idea. And of all her codenames she's had.... Troia is the only one not in use by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, making up a new one seems.... like a bad idea. And of all her codenames she's had.... Troia is the only one not in use by someone else.
    Then give it (Troia) to someone else so Donna can have a good name that fits in 2023.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Since we are talking codenames again, I saw this on a facebook page. What about Asteria? She was the daughter of Coeus and Phoebe, name means starry one or of the stars (she was also the mother of Hecate.) Astraia (star maided) daughter of Astraeus (father of the four winds) and Eos (goddess of the dawn) she was the goddess of Justice, innocence, purity and precision.
    Asteria doesn't really stand out in mythology for anything specific other than who she was sought after (Zeus....and really he just chased everything) and who she bore (Hecate and in some stories Heracles) but also that she was turned into an island and defied Hera (Her one defining trait.) Outside of being the amazon Lynda Carter portrayed in the second movie, the name doesn't hold a ton of significance. Astraea has more specific roles and being a goddess of Justice would be a nice callback for Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Since we are talking codenames again, I saw this on a facebook page. What about Asteria? She was the daughter of Coeus and Phoebe, name means starry one or of the stars (she was also the mother of Hecate.) Astraia (star maided) daughter of Astraeus (father of the four winds) and Eos (goddess of the dawn) she was the goddess of Justice, innocence, purity and precision.
    Asteria doesn't really stand out in mythology for anything specific other than who she was sought after (Zeus....and really he just chased everything) and who she bore (Hecate and in some stories Heracles) but also that she was turned into an island and defied Hera (Her one defining trait.) Outside of being the amazon Lynda Carter portrayed in the second movie, the name doesn't hold a ton of significance. Astraea has more specific roles and being a goddess of Justice would be a nice callback for Donna.
    fits into the "New stuff" bin. that name's never been used in DC at all.

Cool name and with references to the mythological Titans, i wouldn't mind it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

It's a little too close to Astarte, which does have some minor significance in the WW mythos, but it's better than most ☺️

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Since Diana gave Yara the Wondergirl moniker, she can do the same for Donna Troy (Troia). Apparently Diana can make choices like that for her own group of heros. Not sure if she has done this for Cassie yet...

Astonishing Member

I think Troy is fine. It doesn't need a female modifier ala Troia. Only close friends should be calling her Donna when she's in costume.

I'm tired of the black/starfield. That was Star Boy's look of the Legion of Super-Heroes, and I don't think it was ever really appropriate for Donna.