Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So Donna's original last name was Drake?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Maybe a little less starfields for the new year?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

From OG Titans run vs. New TT run

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-06-2023 at 09:12 PM.

Donna always looked amazing in that red suit .

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What would a Donna on-going look like?
    Donna Troy is trying to gain some normalcy in her life as a photojournalist but begins to realize that the Titans of Myth are on earth secretly influencing events for some grand purpose. She must unravel this mystery whilst also making a living as a photographer.

I also think Donna needs to team up with different characters as well. So I will make Jimmy Olsen and Vicky Vale as her rival.

Angle Man would be her Catwoman and also her main challenge because his powers make it tough for anyone to get a good shot of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Shh, don't let Weisman, Byrne or Thomas hear you say that. We are going to get a unnecessarily convoluted explanation on how Donna Drake, Tim Drake and Dinah Drake Lance are all actually related to each other.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a bit odd at the end there. She brushes her hair, and that's enough to change her hairstyle? Letting down the ponytail is fair enough, but brushing your hair doesn't make it grow! It would've made more sense if the bangs had already grown out.

Of course, this is nothing unusual with comics, costume changes coming with a new hairstyle, even though if it's longer than the old look, it'd realistically take some time to grow.
    Since she parted it on the side, all that long hair from the left helped cover the bangs until they grew out
    ( I'm partially joking... it's totally realistic for that to be the case. However, the real answer is "comics")

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Donna always looked amazing in that red suit .
    Back in Countdown to Final Crisis (I just recall the name, don't ask me what it was about), I thought they'd be putting her back in the suit from a promo image.

Last year I made a thread discussing Amazon abilities https://community.cbr.com/showthread...gy-and-Weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There are two main sources of Amazon powers: magic and life force manipulation.

Life force manipulation is equivalent to how manipulation of chi or ki is depicted in certain fiction granting the Amazons superhuman strength, speed, agility, durability and stamina. It can also be used to enhance normal senses and possibly grant the user a "sixth sense". Flight is an advanced skill that can be learned but is also difficult. Another advanced ability is channeling life force through other people and objects through physical contact in order to enhance them. This ability is very useful when fighting with weapons. Life force manipulation is used by Amazon soldiers and martial artists who combine it with their various fighting styles for maximum efficiency.

Amazon magic includes manipulation of elements, invisibility, teleportation, scrying, creating barriers and conjuring objects. The Amazons' magic only includes the elements of fire, air and water as they view the earth as sacred and fear Gaia's fury.

More later.

I was thinking of how this would apply to Donna and thought of making her a cross between an Amazon mage and fighter. She has the standard strength, speed, agility, endurance, durability and healing, but also combines this with some knowledge of magic. Her signature magic technique is conjuring weapons, with the caveat that they are at their durability and effectiveness depends on how well she knows how to use them.

I recall this suggestion from Alpha in Donna's previous appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    No magical lasso
    Instead, she should have the Weave of Perception. A magic cloak that looks similar to the black sky full of stars

It can be used to tie others or grab fetch objects although the length of it is like a cape, so much shorter than the lasso of truth. Donna dance fights with it kind of like women use silk in traditional folkloric dances. Ans also uses her weave sort of like a matador bullfighter

And it has 3 powers from the Astral Plane
    -she can cover her enemies' head in the cloak, creating a dazing flash as they become haunted by into an overwhelming vision of the infinite layers of reality in a "paintful way".
    - when Donna puts engulfs her head in it, she gains an astro vision of star patterns and trackmarks invisible to the eye, which indicate prophecies of significant events around the area, but in a nebulous manner.
    -It is indestructible and when projectiles are thrown through it the fabric converts it into starpowder dust (like dumbledore turning glass into sand vs Voldemort). When Donna punches something while covering her fist with the fabric, it leaves a momentary star pattern on the surface she punched.
    I like this idea and combined with mine, I think we have a great way to differentiate Donna from Diana. Though I'd probably leave out some stuff like the weave granting her visions.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-07-2023 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Shh, don't let Weisman, Byrne or Thomas hear you say that. We are going to get a unnecessarily convoluted explanation on how Donna Drake, Tim Drake and Dinah Drake Lance are all actually related to each other.
    Oh, I was afraid that they were gonna tell us that Donna was related to Bobby Drake!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

10 DC Comics Romances That Aged Poorly

2/10

Terry Long Was An Inappropriate Professor, Yet Donna Troy Still Married Him
    Terry Long being a creep with his students
    When Donna Troy introduced the audience to Terry Long, he was a divorced college professor ten years her senior. Donna was 19 years old during their wedding. Later, when Donna was trying to fight intergalactic threats and interdimensional demons, Terry complained because the teenager he married wouldn't help him write a paper he was trying to publish. While he may or may not have been her professor when they met, he certainly did not set any boundaries with other students.

In between all of his other faults, Terry also leered at Starfire — one of Donna's best friends — and became obsessed with Hippolyta. Despite all of Terry Long's horrible traits as a human being, he still ended up with full custody after filing a restraining order and claiming Donna was too dangerous to be their kid's mom. That makes all parts of the relationship frustrating to read.

Donna and Diana training by Eileen:

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Donna and Diana training by Eileen:

Wish we could see this in the actual comics...

Yeah, Sue Storm was well-known for doing the combing hair and it was suddenly longer, shorter, bobbed, curled under, etc.

It was always kinda funny to see/read, but I guess that's what the men who wrote them thought hair was all about, lol.
    Yeah, it was treated more realistically in New Titans. When Donna was about to change her codename to Troia, she and Starfire visited a hairdressers, and Kori asked if she was sure before she had her hair cut short. She knew it'd take a while to grow back (though that ended up happening magically by a transformation to a villainous giant form before she was depowered and left the team).
    Must be a blooper. Like Peter Palmer in Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Peter PARKER's second appearance).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it was treated more realistically in New Titans. When Donna was about to change her codename to Troia, she and Starfire visited a hairdressers, and Kori asked if she was sure before she had her hair cut short. She knew it'd take a while to grow back (though that ended up happening magically by a transformation to a villainous giant form before she was depowered and left the team).
    Must be a blooper. Like Peter Palmer in Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Peter PARKER's second appearance).
    I did not like Donna's short hair. She has such nice flowing Raven tresses when it is long.

Yeah, Peter Palmer I knew about, but not Donna Drake. I wonder if Drake was ever used again in those old TT issues?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar