Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She always was more of a Titans character anyways.

Give me all the DONNAS! Can't wait to read TWO books with Donna troy a month.
    ALL of the donnas? even Donna Milton?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    ALL of the donnas? even Donna Milton?
    No, just the good ones.
    I meant Young Donna and Present Donna. Might as well give us old Donna while there are at it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Her treatment in the WW book is abysmal, but at least she's getting served in the Titans books.
    And the weird thing is that it has always been like this. It hasn't mattered who the creative team is/was they've always ignored her at best. I've never understood it at all. All of the other Teen Titans appeared in their mentors books on a semi regular basis but not Donna. Even Garth showed up quite a bit in Aquaman even though he's always been treated badly in Titans books. Hell when Byrne was on Wonder Woman he seemed to be Hellbent on ruining Donna for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    And the weird thing is that it has always been like this. It hasn't mattered who the creative team is/was they've always ignored her at best. I've never understood it at all. All of the other Teen Titans appeared in their mentors books on a semi regular basis but not Donna. Even Garth showed up quite a bit in Aquaman even though he's always been treated badly in Titans books. Hell when Byrne was on Wonder Woman he seemed to be Hellbent on ruining Donna for some reason.
    To be fair, Jimenez used her pretty well in his run. As did Heinberg and Simone. I think from 2001 to 2010 there was a genuine effort to use Donna and Cassie in the book and develop a proper Wonder Family, but all of that development was destroyed in the New 52.

To be fair, Jimenez used her pretty well in his run. As did Heinberg and Simone. I think from 2001 to 2010 there was a genuine effort to use Donna and Cassie in the book and develop a proper Wonder Family, but all of that development was destroyed in the New 52.
    You're right I totally blanked on those runs for some reason. I guess I was more thinking back in the Silver Age when Kid Flash, Robin and Aqualad were all showing up Flash, Batman, Detective, Aquaman and Adventure Comics, Donna wasn't showing up in Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    You're r ight I totally blanked on those runs for some reason. I guess I was more thinking back in the Silver Age when Kid Flash, Robin and Aqualad were all showing up Flash, Batman, Detective, Aquaman and Adventure Comics, Donna wasn't showing up in Wonder Woman.
    I think the absence of Donna in the Silver Age can be explained by the general...WTFness of that era for Wonder Woman. Donna was created around the time when Steve was dead, the Amazons were gone, and Diana lost her powers and became a spy/kung fu master/boutique owner or something. Wonder Girl would've been out of place in those stories. Though that doesn't explain why she was then barely used in the Bronze Age

I think the absence of Donna in the Silver Age can be explained by the general...WTFness of that era for Wonder Woman. Donna was created around the time when Steve was dead, the Amazons were gone, and Diana lost her powers and became a spy/kung fu master/boutique owner or something. Wonder Girl would've been out of place in those stories. Though that doesn't explain why she was then barely used in the Bronze Age
    Yeah it just seems like once Donna was given an origin and her own look in the late 70's that she would've started showing up in WW. Seems like a huge missed opportunity to me. I guess the editors/creators in the WW camp perceive Donna as Titans character and not a WW character. I know as Donna she first showed up as a Teen Titan but that shouldn't mean she's not also a WW character. At this point with Cassie and Yara I'm glad that there are going to be 2 Titans books using Donna in the near future.

Donna got her own look (instead of looking like the teenage Diana Wonder Girl) in 1969. Though I believe that does coincide with powerless spy Wonder Woman.

Yeah, it's good that Donna will have two books - but Cassie's totally limboed, save a cameo in Superboy #1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Donna got her own look (instead of looking like the teenage Diana Wonder Girl) in 1969. Though I believe that does coincide with powerless spy Wonder Woman.

Yeah, it's good that Donna will have two books - but Cassie's totally limboed, save a cameo in Superboy #1.
    In fairness... Cassie as Conner's girlfriend was a REALLY good story arc back in the day, so I wouldn't mind if they just ran with that.

What are your three favorite Donna Troy storylines, and why are they your favorites? Just curious as to if there will be a consensus among Donna fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

More Donna(s) is more goodness!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy! I love the star field!!!!!! The only acceptable black bodice for Donna!
    Same. It’s very chic.

I love that Waid is going to re-explore this era through a modern lens - should be interesting. Love that Karen and Mal will be in it too.

Between King and Sampere on Diana and Taylor and Scott and Waid on Donna in different time periods, we’re entering a potentially good era for Diana and Donna. At least I hope so! (Donna deserves a renaissance focused on her original personality and role in the Titans.)

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I think Donna should be a member of the Justice League Incarnate she has mass experience with the multiverse even though she's one of my favourite Titans
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    What are your three favorite Donna Troy storylines, and why are they your favorites? Just curious as to if there will be a consensus among Donna fans.
    The original “Who is Donna Troy?” story was wonderful and a great snapshot of the friendship and connection between Dick and Donna. (I’d love to read more about them being friends, confidants and superheroes.)

The Pre-Crisis story with the Teen Titans the war between the Olympians and Titans of Myth was fun.

The second “Who Is Donna Troy?” that explains her Titans of Myth origin and introduces Sparta and other Titan’s seeds was solid for the time. Fairly epic and I remember enjoying it when I read it.

The Simone and Jimenez runs did great work with Donna and worked hard to create a strong relationship between her and Diana. Her personality in those stories seemed her Donna-like too.

I can’t say I love the stories that make her into something she’s just not (to me.) The post-DCnU versions have always jettisoned her original personality and it just doesn’t work for me. Sure, Donna can be pushed to her dramatic limits (like any of us) at times, but she’s not an antihero type or has a chip on her shoulder. She’s good-natured, but nobody’s fool, and probably one of the superheroes most other superheroes and people are comfortable being around. She exudes care and curiosity to people and it allows her to be straightforward and honest with them, even in potentially difficult situations.