Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why are people saying Donna growing up with Diana is important? Diana is woefully defined by being the pride and joy of the amazons. It's like if Harry Potter had a brother.
    Personally, I like the idea of them being true sisters, growing up together and forming a stronger bond than with the other Amazons. It's not quite the same if one is who knows how much older than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Personally, I like the idea of them being true sisters, growing up together and forming a stronger bond than with the other Amazons. It's not quite the same if one is who knows how much older than the other.
    Yeah, but also....

Being the greatest of the amazons... means nothing if there is no real competition. The tournament to choose the Champion of Themiscyra? It's pointless if everyone already knows who will be the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, but also....

Being the greatest of the amazons... means nothing if there is no real competition. The tournament to choose the Champion of Themiscyra? It's pointless if everyone already knows who will be the winner.
    Diana doesn't have to compete against others, she has to compete against herself. The "tournament" should actually be more like an epic series of physical and mental tests for Diana to prove she is ready for the outside world using her full strength and capabilities. It should be like the training sequence in The Incredibles and Hercules in the Disney movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Diana doesn't have to compete against others, she has to compete against herself. The "tournament" should actually be more like an epic series of physical and mental tests for Diana to prove she is ready for the outside world using her full strength and capabilities. It should be like the training sequence in The Incredibles and Hercules in the Disney movie.
    Heh, well it is like that... just... multi-player.

Flash 799 has something interesting relevant to Donna.
    spoilers:
    Granny Goodness had kidnapped a kid Lord of Chaos and a hydrokinetic. These seem to be Robert Long and Cerdian, the children of Donna and Tempest respectively! They never died!
    end of spoilers
    https://i.redd.it/n5v06xlxd40b1.jpg
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Granny Goodness had kidnapped a kid Lord of Chaos and a hydrokinetic. These seem to be Robert Long and Cerdian, the children of Donna and Tempest respectively! They never died!
    end of spoilers
    Dun Dun Dun.
    spoilers:
    This will definitely add some new issues and plots for Donna. I feel sorry for the stepdaughter still being dead though. How will Garth handle this if he doesn’t even remember being with Dolphin? Imagine if Granny also mentioned having a raven haired and fair skinned Tamaran? The internet would explode!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-16-2023 at 04:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Dun Dun Dun.
    spoilers:
    This will definitely add some new issues and plots for Donna. I feel sorry for the stepdaughter still being dead though. How will Garth handle this if he doesn’t even remember being with Dolphin? Imagine if Granny also mentioned having a raven haired and fair skinned Tamaran? The internet would explode!
    end of spoilers
    I thought about this too and I admit I would love it if this happened!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I wonder if they're going to do anything with this in Titans.

In Titans #1 Donna explicitly says that EEUU is not her country.

Last edited by Sebastianne; 05-16-2023 at 11:32 AM.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think the best thing that could have happened to Donna, in the midst of so much disaster in her history, is to no longer be married and not have children.
    But, I really love Jeremy Adams' run on The Flash, I haven't enjoyed a comic like that since my teenage years, I would have fully trusted if he carried that story forward, but since that's not going to happen, I hope that I remained in a kind of Easter egg for nostalgia and no one else remembers that.

Don't think we need Robert Long right now, the best thing is to restablish Donna first and then trying something like this.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    In Titans #1 Donna explicitly says that EEUU is not her country.

I get where Taylor is coming from, even though Donna is probably fairly Americanized by Amazon standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get where Taylor is coming from, even though Donna is probably fairly Americanized by Amazon standards.
    True.

How quickly each lady came stated what they did, perhaps they all feel a bit of dissociation and not really fitting in with the society where they live?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Donna's going to regret saying that when the King Wonder Woman run starts. I can imagine someone saying "If you're not American, get out of America!" - and if the saved from a fire origin is the current one, then she actually should be American, not Themysciran. She's only Diana's ADOPTED sister, she's not originally from Paradise Island.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

She was raised by Amazons and considers herself an Amazon so it makes sense even if she was born an American.