Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

From George Perez's own recounting, it was the Wonder Girl/Amazon story arcs in NTT that later influenced him take on the Wonder Woman title and run. Perez's depiction of Themyscira is among my absolute favorite! I miss Donna and Hippolyta's mother/daughter relationship and by extension, Donna and Diana's sisterly relationship.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    From George Perez's own recounting, it was the Wonder Girl/Amazon story arcs in NTT that later influenced him take on the Wonder Woman title and run. Perez's depiction of Themyscira is among my absolute favorite! I miss Donna and Hippolyta's mother/daughter relationship and by extension, Donna and Diana's sisterly relationship.
    I'm not surprised. Apart from looks, you would think NTT took place after COIE and was part of his WW run. What he did in those 2 issues is almost more than what WW did in almost 300 issues. Only negative was having Athena as blonde.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

And look! The lasso is magic! ( Vs Star Labs)

Donna was a powerhouse even back then!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

At least Terry had the decency to turn away while she got changed. That's more than I would have expected from him.

I love Terry. The brilliance of Marv Wolfman inserting himself as a truly busted-looking 29-year-old creep, pairing himself with a super-powered teenage waifu, and making no effort whatsoever to endear himself to the audience. It's like The Room, so audacious and ill-conceived that you can't help but to admire it.

And total side note, but Primal Slayer, I always appreciate you sharing great old-school scans (in both this thread and elsewhere) It's always stuff I haven't seen before and it's cool seeing what you curate.

Would fans be more accepting of Terry if all his lines and characterization were the same but he looked like Ben Barnes or [insert any highly attractive male celebrity here]?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

Comics being the visual medium that it is, it's no wonder Terry was dissed by fans. My immediate thoughts on seeing him again is creep. He and Donna together look so wrong.

Looking back, not everything Wolfman did on his run was great or even good. Ignoring most of the original Titans was bad. I don't know that we ever needed to see Gnaark again, but everyone else had potential. He really didn't touch on any of them until after Crisis.

Perez and Wolfman era NTT Nightwing and Wonder Girl by Luciano Vecchio
    4A0C6FC6-DF87-4BB2-8A99-9C58E3EE8BE8.jpg

Beautiful Donna and also looking powerful with her silver lasso shown!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Beautiful Donna and also looking powerful with her silver lasso shown!
    This is part of a larger NTT fan art by Vecchio. He's been teasing these images on Twitter. Can't wait to see the full image!

This is part of a larger NTT fan art by Vecchio. He's been teasing these images on Twitter. Can't wait to see the full image!
    Oh. Donna looks great and I am sure the rest will be too.

Thanks for sharing!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I love Terry. The brilliance of Marv Wolfman inserting himself as a truly busted-looking 29-year-old creep, pairing himself with a super-powered teenage waifu, and making no effort whatsoever to endear himself to the audience. It's like The Room, so audacious and ill-conceived that you can't help but to admire it.

And total side note, but Primal Slayer, I always appreciate you sharing great old-school scans (in both this thread and elsewhere) It's always stuff I haven't seen before and it's cool seeing what you curate.
    Wolfman seemed somewhat oblivious to why fans hated Terry. Having a 19 year old niece, the idea of her getting married that young, especially to someone ten years her senior, would anger me. A professor dating one of his students is so unethical on a number of levels but in a lot of ways, a 19 year old is still a child. And Wolfman just didn't seem to understand that everyone else didn't see what he saw. Sort of like that obnoxious kid he put on the team that literally looked like cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch. Wolfman's somewhat blind when it comes to his pets. I think it's rather telling that the other writers couldn't get rid of Terry fast enough. And based on what I've heard, Wolfman still doesn't understand why no one else liked him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This looks like it could also have been drawn as Donna's current costume and then recolored as red (note the lines on her top and the star placement is similar) which just proves her current costume would look infinitely better in red than it does in black. (The only better option is the starfield suit.)