Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Noting the anachronism of Donna's fangirl wearing Troia's star field on this version of the cover of WORLDS FINEST TEEN TITANS #3...
    Very cute.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Noting the anachronism of Donna's fangirl wearing Troia's star field on this version of the cover of WORLDS FINEST TEEN TITANS #3...
    She looks older here, so does Wally and Karen. So I'm guessing this is just their adults selves dressed up in adult sized versions of their side kick outfits for Titans Con.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    These covers are sublime, but I do feel Terry shouldn't be ignored. Yes, some people meet and marry others ten or more their senior. Not everything is grooming. Donna is an Amazon princess who have saved the world multiple times, for goddess sake. What could a devoiced father do to manipulate her when she literally did not need him for anything? Plus, it wasn't as if he had known her since she was a young girl, or something creepy like that. She was 18 or 19 when they met and got married a year or so later. Maybe Marv and George shouldn't have gave Terry the beard and curly fro, which aged him greatly... even if it was the fashion for some men back in the early 80s.
    I want to do a social experiment and see Terry Long depicted as an attractive man but with the exact same characterization and type of dialogue he had in NTT. We know Nicola Scott can them.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Actually, it was Donna who led the Titans after Nightwing was shot (2018's Batman #55. Nightwing was shot in the head by Russian assassin KGBeast). I'm thinking that the conversation between Donna and Kory was more to illustrate a couple of things: Donna's leadership role and the close bond and respect these two women have with each other. During the original Wolfman/Perez NTT run, Donna and Kory were inseparable, even becoming roommates at one point. It makes sense that if Donna was feeling out whether her teammates had any issues with her taking on a leadership role, she'd start with Kory.
    Even during NTT if Robin is not around Donna is second in command
    It’s second nature or something she should not be suprised, if anything Starfire being headmistress (and bad at her job) was surprising

It is 1969 and I'm reading a Donna Troy origin.

It is 1984 and I'm reading a Donna Troy origin.

It is 1986 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 1998 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 2005 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 2014 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 2017 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 2023 and I will be reading a new Donna Troy origin again.

With every new telling the gap between a new origin gets shorter. Soon every 50 seconds there will be a new Donna Troy origin.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Starfire was also leader of the Titans for a time in the Rebirth era. Since they were both leaders of the team before, so Donna decided to check if her friend was cool with Dick choosing her and Kory had no problem with it.
    She was the oldest member of the Rebirth Teen Titans, but she wasn't leader, that was Damian Wayne!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was the oldest member of the Rebirth Teen Titans, but she wasn't leader, that was Damian Wayne!
    It was a plot point of whom should be the leader of the Titans and they actually put her in charge for a while. And usually Damian was trying to mess things up and she was the one putting stuff in order.
    Last edited by Drako; 06-27-2023 at 07:27 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It is 1969 and I'm reading a Donna Troy origin.

It is 1984 and I'm reading a Donna Troy origin.

It is 1986 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 1998 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 2005 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 2014 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 2017 and I'm reading a new Donna Troy origin.

It is 2023 and I will be reading a new Donna Troy origin again.

With every new telling the gap between a new origin gets shorter. Soon every 50 seconds there will be a new Donna Troy origin.
    Wasn't there an explanation that Dark Angel was responsible for Donna's various origins splitting off from her original one? Or am I imagining that?

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Wasn't there an explanation that Dark Angel was responsible for Donna's various origins splitting off from her original one? Or am I imagining that?
    that was her 1998 origin.
    Her 2005 origin established that wasnt true, and instead established Dark Angel to be an alternate universe Donna Troy.

Though naturally this became moot with the new 52 which swept that origin under the rug.
    ...Which got swept under the rug because of how dumb it was...

We will see what this year gives us~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Honestly should just lock in the Dark Angel origin w/a few changes.

Have her be the 'Glory' to Donnas 'Dawn' w/Diana being the 'Buffy'

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Honestly should just lock in the Dark Angel origin w/a few changes.

Have her be the 'Glory' to Donnas 'Dawn' w/Diana being the 'Buffy'
    Ooh... That could be cool! And would make Dark Angel a legitimate threat to Donna.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm lost on the Glory/Dawn analogy, but down with Dark Angel becoming a credible threat to Donna if she can be ironed out as a character and not just a multiversal doppelganger of Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm lost on the Glory/Dawn analogy, but down with Dark Angel becoming a credible threat to Donna if she can be ironed out as a character and not just a multiversal doppelganger of Donna.
    Ok, so on Buffy Glory was a mad goddess searching for the Key, an item powerful enough to allow her some great power or some shit. The Key made herself a human body in the form of 15 yo Dawn and rewrote herself as Buffy's kid sister. The one hitch? Buffy knew she was an only child. At the end of season 5, buffy dies closing a portal that Dawn was forced to open for Glory.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Ok, so on Buffy Glory was a mad goddess searching for the Key, an item powerful enough to allow her some great power or some shit. The Key made herself a human body in the form of 15 yo Dawn and rewrote herself as Buffy's kid sister. The one hitch? Buffy knew she was an only child. At the end of season 5, buffy dies closing a portal that Dawn was forced to open for Glory.
    Then Glory gets exiled to Earth and forced to live as a Human instead of... whatever eldritch nightmare was her natural form. Which got hilarious, because they COULD just kill her human incarnation, but that'd risk unleashing her power. 'cause in Human form she's well... Human. They weren't sure if trying to kill her human form would just force revert to eldritch nightmare.... oh and she's here... AND POed at you.

Yeah Glory was an elder something that's not really a demon, but makes demons seem safe. Which kinda fits with the idea that Donna is a near-god-like being herself in her demi-Titan form. have an alt-U with the powah, and less morals.

Astonishing Member

the what?!

I thought Glory was referencing the Image Comics version of Wonder Woman! Dawn was also a comic book character, but not part of that universe -- I think. Mike Deodato and his staff drew a lot of issues of Glory after leaving Wonder Woman, but the stories didn't come across interesting enough for me to read it.

I like the succubus origin for Dark Angel. I’ve kept her ties to Hippolyta in the ancient past and included her as part of Donna’s origin story in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee - but not in the way it was before.

Donna needs Dark Angel and some more villains that are primarily hers.