Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Would fans be more accepting of Terry if all his lines and characterization were the same but he looked like Ben Barnes or [insert any highly attractive male celebrity here]?
    100%. That is how it is with most things lol

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Wolfman seemed somewhat oblivious to why fans hated Terry. Having a 19 year old niece, the idea of her getting married that young, especially to someone ten years her senior, would anger me. A professor dating one of his students is so unethical on a number of levels but in a lot of ways, a 19 year old is still a child. And Wolfman just didn't seem to understand that everyone else didn't see what he saw. Sort of like that obnoxious kid he put on the team that literally looked like cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch. Wolfman's somewhat blind when it comes to his pets. I think it's rather telling that the other writers couldn't get rid of Terry fast enough. And based on what I've heard, Wolfman still doesn't understand why no one else liked him.
    Didn't she also date one of the writers or editors at that time as well or am I thinking of someone else?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Not a fan of Terry at all, but his creepiness is really blown out of proportion. Donna wasn't his student (she wasn't even in college), and getting married at 19 wasn't weird in the 80's. And a 10 year age difference between two legal adults is perfectly normal to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Not a fan of Terry at all, but his creepiness is really blown out of proportion. Donna wasn't his student (she wasn't even in college), and getting married at 19 wasn't weird in the 80's. And a 10 year age difference between two legal adults is perfectly normal to this day.
    I think the bigger problem is that the 29 felt like an extreme stretch to make him seem less creepy. Dude was 29 going on 45, he was a tenure track college professor who'd already been through a divorce and I have a VERY hard time believing this man is supposed to be under 30:

I don't want to defend Terry, but bear in mind this was Richard Dreyfuss at age 28:

And this is Hulk Hogan at age 30:

Guys just looked old back then.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 01-14-2023 at 12:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I don't want to defend Terry, but bear in mind this was Richard Dreyfuss at age 28:

And this is Hulk Hogan at age 30:

Guys just looked old back then.
    There's an entire YouTube video that talks all about this. How people used to look "older" decades ago. And fair enough but the entire concept of making a self insert character just so you can marry your favorite character is creepy no matter how you slice it.
    Assassinate Putin!

I miss this Donna .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There's an entire YouTube video that talks all about this. How people used to look "older" decades ago. And fair enough but the entire concept of making a self insert character just so you can marry your favorite character is creepy no matter how you slice it.
    everyone in he cast looked old, I never felt the teen in that run,
    I through it was wild Donna was getting married so young but it wasnt that odd at all during the time of the book

its less about him being old and more him just being not hot, its the whole flirting/sexual harassment thing I mean this man sits between Roy Harper and Kyle Rayner and its like how is he there?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

I forgot he had a daughter, weird he never introduced her to Donna

whats really funny is Donna and Roy now being in that position and age

Extraordinary Member

I forgot he had a daughter, weird he never introduced her to Donna

whats really funny is Donna and Roy now being in that position and age

Does Donna age? It says she was born mortal but raised on Paradise Island, but has her life been extended in some way? Or will she age normally like any other human?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I know a lot of valid criticism has been lobbied at Terry and that whole relationship but I really liked the idea of Donna dealing with real life relationship stuff and how complicated it can be.

Donna is the best thing in Nightwing #100