Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Not a fan of Terry at all, but his creepiness is really blown out of proportion. Donna wasn't his student (she wasn't even in college), and getting married at 19 wasn't weird in the 80's. And a 10 year age difference between two legal adults is perfectly normal to this day.
    It really is blown out of proportion. But it became comic book internet culture. It's always "Ow, creepy guy, look at how he looks. Wolfman self insert."

He was not really doing anything wrong tho. And if you compare the way he acted with Donna with what Gar and Roy where doing at the time, he was a gentlemen.

But he became much horrible as the years went on, alongise the writing on the book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Donna is the best thing in Nightwing #100
    Excellent. I just purchased it.

I wasn’t a big fan of Donna with Terry, but girl does deserve a love life.

I liked her together with Kyle Rayner - with a little more effort I could have seen them together.

Past that, I enjoyed Jimenez’s Angle Man’s flirtation with her.

But, I could see her with an all-new romance. The problem is we never get a lot of out-of-costume in-their-civilian-life moments anymore and Donna also needs to get her original personality back.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

I liked her together with Kyle Rayner - with a little more effort I could have seen them together.

But, I could see her with an all-new romance. The problem is we never get a lot of out-of-costume in-their-civilian-life moments anymore and Donna also needs to get her original personality back.
    Kyle..... just... doesn't fit as a good match for Donna. Mostly because he had several other romantic interests and Donna just... wasn't one of the ones who he was with most. I mean.... He spent almost as much time dating Yrra Cynril.... yes.... Fatality. Who didn't really want to have any sort of romantic relationship with Kyle, but later hooked up with John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Hahaha, are you saying Donna needs some Vitamin?

I agree a new romance would be great to see, but not necessarily a marriage.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Kyle..... just... doesn't fit as a good match for Donna. Mostly because he had several other romantic interests and Donna just... wasn't one of the ones who he was with most. I mean.... He spent almost as much time dating Yrra Cynril.... yes.... Fatality. Who didn't really want to have any sort of romantic relationship with Kyle, but later hooked up with John Stewart.
    I don't recall Kyle and Fatality dating, but Kyle does seem to try sleeping his way to relevance.

First he dates Donna Troy, the closest anyone can get to Wonder Woman proper.

Then he dates Jennie-Lynn Hayden, daughter of the first Green Lantern.

Then he dates Soranik Natu, daughter of Sinestro.

And he even dates Carol Ferris, classic lady love to Hal Jordan!

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I don't recall Kyle and Fatality dating, but Kyle does seem to try sleeping his way to relevance.

When Kyle first met Yrra he was at a bar and a woman offered to dance with him... Kyle finds out after dancing that it's Yrra.... who's there as a way to learn about him before she tries to kill him. So it's not a real date, but.... resembled one. Also Kyle didn't know it was a fake date.

Kyle..... just... doesn't fit as a good match for Donna.
    Just say NO to Kyle Rayner. THIS is the characterization he brings out of his female cohort:
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Just say NO to Kyle Rayner. THIS is the characterization he brings out of his female cohort:
    I agree.

Jade better let go of Donna's hair before she gets punched into orbit!

Donna looks so good here in her black and silver.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post

What a slut. :P Literally sleeping his way to the top.

That's mostly a consequence of Donna not having her own title and being in someone else's. I think the actual content of their romance was sweet.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I don't mind Donna dating Kyle but I think it's best we focus on her as an independent person for now. It seems besides her confusing origins she's mostly defined by who she's dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree.

Jade better let go of Donna's hair before she gets punched into orbit!

Donna looks so good here in her black and silver.
    Yeah loved that outfit.

Also this version of Jade has innate powers similar to a GL derived from being born with a Starheart connection. Why? 'cause this is the last GL in the universe era.

Yeah loved that outfit.

Also this version of Jade has innate powers similar to a GL derived from being born with a Starheart connection. Why? 'cause this is the last GL in the universe era.
    Which version of Jade does NOT have said innate GL powers? That's been her deal since her introduction in INFINITY INC...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Which version of Jade does NOT have said innate GL powers? That's been her deal since her introduction in INFINITY INC...
    Except for the version that was Kyle's girlfriend in the time that the GL universe was shrunk down to his one-horse town. In the vein of John Stewart being crippled into a wheelchair, twice, Jennie lost her Power Pulse and had to settle for some weak plant power... and being Kyle's GF, to whom he bequeathed a power ring that she really shouldn't have needed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I did not like Donna's short hair. She has such nice flowing Raven tresses when it is long.
    The long hair is timeless, but that short hairdo is really dated now. I wonder if they took inspiration from Princess Diana (of Wales, not Wonder Woman), she wore a similar style, but was blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Comics being the visual medium that it is, it's no wonder Terry was dissed by fans. My immediate thoughts on seeing him again is creep. He and Donna together look so wrong.

Looking back, not everything Wolfman did on his run was great or even good. Ignoring most of the original Titans was bad. I don't know that we ever needed to see Gnaark again, but everyone else had potential. He really didn't touch on any of them until after Crisis.
    You're forgetting Lilith, who came in to replace a killed off Raven. She had a whole new origin told - but unfortunately it involved the Greek gods and so was negated along with Donna's origin due to Wonder Woman's post-Crisis reboot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman