Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority that don't like Donna's original origin. It would be fine if it meant Diana was an active hero since the 40's, like they implied after Doomsday Clock, but I would rather Diana premiere around the same time as Superman and Batman. As for Donna, I would want to keep the Titans of Myth origin, but have Rhea drop her off on Themyscira as a toddler instead. Also, I would want to give her back a portion of the Titan power, just to further differentiate her for Diana.
    And now that the Outsiders are a Batwoman thing, I wouldn't mind Brion joining the Titans. I wouldn't mind seeing him date Donna, either. She already has a thing for redheads.
    Not after he tried to her best friends lil brother and entire family

I guess I'm in the minority that don't like Donna's original origin. It would be fine if it meant Diana was an active hero since the 40's, like they implied after Doomsday Clock, but I would rather Diana premiere around the same time as Superman and Batman. As for Donna, I would want to keep the Titans of Myth origin, but have Rhea drop her off on Themyscira as a toddler instead. Also, I would want to give her back a portion of the Titan power, just to further differentiate her for Diana.
    And now that the Outsiders are a Batwoman thing, I wouldn't mind Brion joining the Titans. I wouldn't mind seeing him date Donna, either. She already has a thing for redheads.
    How does that preclude Diana timeline-wise if Donna is the same age as the other Titans?

If Donna was a toddler and Diana rescued her, that means that enough time has passed for Donna to go from toddler to teenager. This means that Diana has to have been Wonder Woman for at least 12 years by the time the Teen Titans are formed. And that's assuming Diana rescued her right after becoming Wonder Woman

Even though Dick Grayson was what 12 years old when Bruce adopted him? And this supposedly didn't happen 12 years after Bruce became Batman, it usually happens 5 years or something like that. 10 at most.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If Donna was a toddler and Diana rescued her, that means that enough time has passed for Donna to go from toddler to teenager. This means that Diana has to have been Wonder Woman for at least 12 years by the time the Teen Titans are formed. And that's assuming Diana rescued her right after becoming Wonder Woman

Even though Dick Grayson was what 12 years old when Bruce adopted him? And this supposedly didn't happen 12 years after Bruce became Batman, it usually happens 5 years or something like that. 10 at most.

Not necessarily. Time moves differently on Themyscira.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I didnt know donna had a Pegasus too? Do all amazons wondergirls have one
    Donna's Pegasis, Discordia, was introduced in new52 Finch Wonder Woman run vol 4 #42. She's rarely seen/referenced so, I'm glad Orlando brought her back!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Not necessarily. Time moves differently on Themyscira.
    Where has that been established?

It's certainly not something that most versions of Paradise Island indicate.

Where has that been established?

It's certainly not something that most versions of Paradise Island indicate.
    It started during Byrne's run, when Hippolyta went back to the 40's to start her WW career. Eric Luke picked up on it for Devastation's origin and I think Jimenez used it too for Darkseid having a drop of Diana's blood.

The Tides of Time make it so Themyscira can be anywhere and any place in time, at the Queen's discretion. It's like the Wonder version of the Cosmic Treadmill for time travel and works basically like the rules for Narnia. You can go to Themyscira and stay 2 days, but in that time 20 years may have passed in the real world, or maybe no time at all, or possibly you'd arrive home 20 years in the past. It could be used to fix a lot of continuity issues if D.C. allowed it to.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 09-26-2023 at 02:43 PM.

It's why Diana was functionally 18-ish in Year One despite being a lot older.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It started during Byrne's run, when Hippolyta went back to the 40's to start her WW career. Eric Luke picked up on it for Devastation's origin and I think Jimenez used it too for Darkseid having a drop of Diana's blood.
    Nah Jimenez didn't use any time travel for that scene with Darkseid. It was just a transfer of energy or souls, or whatever mumbo jumbo.

As far as the other two, you are correct. But as I said, that's is not something consistently used. Jiminez did use time travelling Hippolyta, though I don't believe he mentioned hwo she time travelled.

So the assertion that time works differently in Paradise Island is something you can certainly proposition, but isn't a staple. It does sort of solve the conundrum we were discussing I think. Although I personally don't agree with it since I don't think Diana should be unrooted in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's why Diana was functionally 18-ish in Year One despite being a lot older.
    It isn't, because she wasn't a lot older, and Greg Rucka and the writers around him never mentioned timetravelling Paradise Island. Only Byrne, Luke, and I'm pretty sure Kanigher might have mentioned it amongst all the disjointed ideas he had (but he probably didn't, since he had the time travelling device already that introduce Wondergirl and Wondertot)

I didn't notice she had her Golden Age outfit on in the flashback. Weird.

Nah Jimenez didn't use any time travel for that scene with Darkseid. It was just a transfer of energy or souls, or whatever mumbo jumbo.

As far as the other two, you are correct. But as I said, that's is not something consistently used. Jiminez did use time travelling Hippolyta, though I don't believe he mentioned hwo she time travelled.

So the assertion that time works differently in Paradise Island is something you can certainly proposition, but isn't a staple. It does sort of solve the conundrum we were discussing I think. Although I personally don't agree with it since I don't think Diana should be unrooted in time.
    I think she should be, it solves a lot of problems, for instance the ages of Steve Trevor and Etta Candy.

Why would the original backstory require Diana to have been active during the 40s?

Between the identical looks, powers and arsenal, Donna doesn't have much to differentiate her from Diana. Even giving her Titan powers is just a variation of Diana's classic power origin.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Diana can still debut as a superhero shortly after Superman....if it's when Clark is Superboy. Pre-Crisis, Superboy was a public superhero recognized by the United Nations, and Perry White won his first Pulitzer by doing the interview where he revealed his Kryptonian origins.

Have Diana leave the island at 18 (or 18 passing, she'll eventually stop aging) while Clark is 13 or so. She rescues an infant Donna. By the time the Justice League forms over a decade later, Donna's of age to be Wonder Girl. She retains her classic origin, and Diana can still start her adventures in the vague modern age when Clark starts it (or restarts it) instead of dealing with the Golden Age stuff. Bonus? It might eliminate Supes/WW shipping if Diana meets him as a teen and they have more sibling-like energy.

Donna can still get her power up from the Titans of Myth, but she was already encountering them in the Bronze Age anyway. It would just be building off of that instead of the Titans Seed stuff

On today's book she wasn't draw like a toddler in the fire scene, she could be like six years old or a little more, so you basically cut that time of active Wonder Woman by half.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.