Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Kyle..... just... doesn't fit as a good match for Donna. Mostly because he had several other romantic interests and Donna just... wasn't one of the ones who he was with most. I mean.... He spent almost as much time dating Yrra Cynril.... yes.... Fatality. Who didn't really want to have any sort of romantic relationship with Kyle, but later hooked up with John Stewart.
    I don’t think it was portrayed as good as it could have been, but there was something interesting to me there and I like it when characters from separate “families” of characters make a go of it.

I always wanted to play around with them having a connection over art - with his career in illustration and hers in photography. Not that any of that gets mentioned anymore with the universe as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha, are you saying Donna needs some Vitamin?

I agree a new romance would be great to see, but not necessarily a marriage.
    Maybe an actor or psychiatrist or novelist…

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I don't recall Kyle and Fatality dating, but Kyle does seem to try sleeping his way to relevance.

First he dates Donna Troy, the closest anyone can get to Wonder Woman proper.

Then he dates Jennie-Lynn Hayden, daughter of the first Green Lantern.

Then he dates Soranik Natu, daughter of Sinestro.

And he even dates Carol Ferris, classic lady love to Hal Jordan!
    I try forget all the Lantern love that happened.

I liked Donna with Kyle. His was the only Green Lantern series I ever read completely, so he's my favorite. To me he was a better fit for her than any of the Titans and certainly better than Terry. She needed a heroic Latin Lover to take her mind off him.

Since they tried to make NEMESIS , Tom Tresser, the new Steve Trevor in Diana's life at one point...maybe writer's should try pairing him with the Younger of the Wonder Sisters, instead...
    (the fact that this panel exists is a sign!)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-19-2023 at 04:46 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

No Tom Tresser should be used to prop up Steve's storyline. In my mind they're twins separated at birth. Or maybe Steve has an identity disorder and was brainwashed by Dr. Psycho to believe he was someone else. Also Kobra could have cloned Steve at some point to make a doppleganger for some nefarious reason. There are plenty of ways it could go to add depth to Steve's backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The long hair is timeless, but that short hairdo is really dated now. I wonder if they took inspiration from Princess Diana (of Wales, not Wonder Woman), she wore a similar style, but was blonde.

You're forgetting Lilith, who came in to replace a killed off Raven. She had a whole new origin told - but unfortunately it involved the Greek gods and so was negated along with Donna's origin due to Wonder Woman's post-Crisis reboot.
    Hmmn, good point. They might have been used Princess Diana as the hair model for Donna.

Lilith needs some more current prominence.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hmmn, good point. They might have been used Princess Diana as the hair model for Donna.

Lilith needs some more current prominence.
    Lilith/Omen will be getting a bit more, appearing alongside Power Girl in at least a few upcoming back-up stories in Action Comics. However, as a Power Girl fan, comments from the writer leave me with a good bit of misgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Since they tried to make NEMESIS , Tom Tresser, the new Steve Trevor in Diana's life at one point...maybe writer's should try pairing him with the Younger of the Wonder Sisters, instead...
    (the fact that this panel exists is a sign!)
    I rather Donna to have less parallels with Diana than more.
    Dating the bargain bin Steve Trevor is not the move for her imo.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

And the less Tom Tressor has to do with the Wonder Woman comics, the better off both he and the Wonder Woman comics will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I rather Donna to have less parallels with Diana than more.
    Dating the bargain bin Steve Trevor is not the move for her imo.
    Hmmm whatever happened to Trevor Barnes?
    Imagining the Princesses on a double date with Steve Trevor and Trevor Barnes. :-)
    I think the similarities between the Sisters is already too great (sometimes mirror images) so you may as well lean into it.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-20-2023 at 08:20 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Barnes woudn't be a terrible idea for Donna, his character would play into a line of thought a lot of Donna fans have had of her being some kind of international photographer/correspondent kind of thing. Again, though, I dont really want Donna to be pulling from Diana's little black book.
    Im one of the few who actually liked Donna with Roy, I think and also enjoyed the flirtation of the Angle Man from Jimenez's run. Kyle and Donna never really seemed to fit to me, even though he was also the first GL I followed.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Again, though, I dont really want Donna to be pulling from Diana's little black book.
    Both the suggestion of Nemesis and Barnes (or their type) comes with the thought that in whatever new timeline the DC universe finds itself, these character have NOT been involved with Diana before Donna.
    Just as this version of Donna has not been married to Terry Long and is playing the field until a steady love interest is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No Tom Tresser should be used to prop up Steve's storyline. In my mind they're twins separated at birth. Or maybe Steve has an identity disorder and was brainwashed by Dr. Psycho to believe he was someone else. Also Kobra could have cloned Steve at some point to make a doppleganger for some nefarious reason. There are plenty of ways it could go to add depth to Steve's backstory.
    I sometimes think I'm the only one, who heard Jenkins-movie Steve say it, but the cryptic line intrigued me.

Steve is telling Princess Diana why or how he got into WWI, and he says, "...I tried doing nothing, ..but...". Basically, he's telling WW that the life he was living, prior to the war, afforded him the option of staying out of it - doing nothing - before he was moved to join the conflict. It was the most depth Steve Trevor has had, since the Golden Age...maybe, more. It gave Steve Trevor something he's never had and still doesn't in comics - namely, a STRUGGLE - and I've wondered what dark secret that movie-Steve died with, since that moment!

Was the Steve Trevor in the Jenkins film actually Thomas Andrew Tresser, NEMESIS, who followed his brother Craig into the US's clandestine services, to avenge his death and the mystery surrounding it? Is the modern Steve Trevor actually CRAIG Tresser, who left his brother and their wealthy family to become a secret agent, forced to fake his own death, after the circumstances of his work ruined his name? Does Steve Trevor even exist?

Anyway, I love the 'twins separated at birth' idea. Brilliant.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-20-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Variant cover for Nightwing #103.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.