Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Variant cover for Nightwing #103.

Titans glamour - lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I always wanted to play around with them having a connection over art - with his career in illustration and hers in photography...
    Well, it's wasteful, editorially speaking, that it doesn't get mentioned or developed into something, as I see it. I never got the Donna/Kyle thing - never seemed like Donna's type, to me - but your speculation actually makes sense.

The new editors don't want to develop characters anymore ..and seem afraid of continuity and narrative relevance, until some big stupid 'crisis' thing invites them to exploit continuity. They ask celebrity artists what they'd like to do on a comic, sign them onto a book, meekly warn them Superman can't be gay, because...Lois, ..and just packages the work for sale as trade paperbacks in B&N or Amazon!

WW editor Ms. Brittany Holzherr is obviously an exception to that depressing status quo.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-20-2023 at 10:53 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Well, it's wasteful, editorially speaking, that it doesn't get mentioned or developed into something, as I see it. I never got the Donna/Kyle thing - never seemed like Donna's type, to me - but your speculation actually makes sense.
    I really loved the melodrama of heroes’ civilian lives mixed in with their super lives, but it doesn’t seem as prevalent, or maybe done in the same way is more accurate, currently.

I miss kind, astute and glamorous Donna. The way she cared for and treated her friends and the star field halter jumpsuit.

If I were working on a solo title for Donna, I’d want to establish her besties as Dick, Kory, Diana, Barbara Gordon, Karen Beecher, Vic and Extraño.

I’d have her located in New York City, where she does commercial art with photography as well as fashion shoots, her own high art and some photojournalism when she travels. A mix of art, media and the multiculturalism of a large city.

It’d be fun to establish and explore her relationships with Etta and Steve too, as well as create some new adversaries and supporting characters all her own. Maybe some other past Titans end up living at Titans Tower and she reconnects with them in a new way.

I rather Donna to have less parallels with Diana than more.
    Dating the bargain bin Steve Trevor is not the move for her imo.
    You know, I know some people will hate this idea, but I was having a deep think and thought of a character that I could see as a natural (sort of) fit for a romantic interest.... Jason Todd(Red Hood). Why? Well... the Viza-Aziv story. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Countdown_Vol_1_45

they made a good team as the https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Challengers_from_Beyond

Variant cover for Nightwing #103.

This is so amazingly gorgeous!

Donna is really shiny/blingy!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is so amazingly gorgeous!

Donna is really shiny/blingy!
    My personal head-canon is that Donna's actually wearing an ordinary black dress. She has a super-human ability that magically makes her clothes sparkly.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    My personal head-canon is that Donna's actually wearing an ordinary black dress. She has a super-human ability that magically makes her clothes sparkly.
    Yeah, I think it is her honesty, loyalty, compassion and general niceness! Plus, her superhuman powers.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    You know, I know some people will hate this idea, but I was having a deep think and thought of a character that I could see as a natural (sort of) fit for a romantic interest.... Jason Todd(Red Hood). Why? Well... the Viza-Aziv story. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Countdown_Vol_1_45

they made a good team as the https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Challengers_from_Beyond
    Might as well make her get back with Roy Harper with we are really this desperate.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

At least Donna gets love outside of the WW fam. Nightwing/Titans/Worlds Finest....

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    At least Donna gets love outside of the WW fam. Nightwing/Titans/Worlds Finest....
    Might as well not even be part of the Wonder Family.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Might as well not even be part of the Wonder Family.
    It's embarrassing. Dick is still a big part of the Batfam, Wally part of the Flashfam and....Donna gets like a cameo in the WW title for 1 issue.

Anyone have eyes on NIGHTWING #100? This article refers to Donna as "Wonder Girl" repeatedly so I question if they are just working off of antiquated info or if she's referenced as such in the issue?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I genuinely liked the Challengers from Beyond team.