Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like it when the spirit of the animal appears...
    Agreed. Without it, she just a flying Wolverine, who keeps saying random animals. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

So, I forgot Vixen is over the Justice Foundation.
    IMG_20230929_001654.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Speaking of which I just realized Mari has the same first two initials as Mary-Jane Watson, Mari Jiwe McCabe.

I don't think superhero writers are all that interested in the fashion industry. MJ has been changed into a reporter in two different adaptations and her being a model isn't as touched on as her being an actress these days. I guess they either see fashion as shallow or are afraid the audience will see Mari that way.
    Wouldn't that be fun for a crossover? :P

Yeah, I'm not a fan of MJ not being a super model or dancer anymore but that's another thread entirely. At least Mari has kept her job consistent. I don't mind 'supermodel in skimpy outfit' not being the default for female superheroes or love interests or female characters in general but I feel that quality is inherent to certain characters like MJ, Zatanna and Starfire. Mari is still a model but if I had to pick another job for her, I would go with either a zoologist or a veterinarian. Maybe modelling was a side gig for her or she did it to pay off her bill when she was studying.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

I need more consistent appearances from her

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I need more consistent appearances from her
    Agreed. How hard is it to put her on a permanent book?

Animated Vixen in all her glory...

anything from NYCC about Mari? Hopefully an ongoing series written by Christopher Priest?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    anything from NYCC about Mari? Hopefully an ongoing series written by Christopher Priest?
    Of course not

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Agreed. How hard is it to put her on a permanent book?
    D.C. seems to have problem selling or keeping in print Non-bat titles. Where would she best be?
    A Solo is out of the question mostly, so that means at some point you're saddling her on a writer
    who doesn't want her. I got a couple characters I want to see get used that face the same problem.

We want what we want but I don't think its as simple as putting her on a permanent book (unless you want her in the bat family damn near)
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    D.C. seems to have problem selling or keeping in print Non-bat titles. Where would she best be?
    I would love to see a new JL book. Something written by Warren Ellis would be amazing.

A Solo is out of the question
    I don't know about...."out of the question" but I'm aware that she can't carry a book by herself.

mostly, so that means at some point you're saddling her on a writer
    who doesn't want her.
    Uh, I never said that. I want her on a book, with a writer who enjoys and understand Vixen.

I got a couple characters I want to see get used that face the same problem.
    Cool. Who do you like?

We want what we want but I don't think its as simple as putting her on a permanent book (unless you want her in the bat family damn near)
    I wouldn't be against her visiting the Bat family for more exposure. Right now she seems to be in a relationship with Batwing...so there already a connection.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I don't know about...."out of the question" but I'm aware that she can't carry a book by herself.
    Her second trade from her web comic is out.

So she is holding a book by herself just not in the traditional sense.

That webcomic trades marks the first time she has had a volume 2 of anything and the same will be when volume 3 comes out.

mostly, so that means at some point you're saddling her on a writer
    who doesn't want her.
    Well you can go two routes with that as her African co-hort Black Panther, Duke Thomas and even the still MIA Jason Rusch have shown.

1) you get a writer who doesn't care for her and you get the last 8 years of Black Panther especially under Ridley. Or the Tom King run of Batman where Duke was lumped with one panel scenes and later out of the book in less than 2 years and it hasn't improved since in that main title. For him and most of the Batkids.

2) you get a writer who doesn't care for her and you get the Priest Black Panther run and the Gail Simone and Van Sciever New 52 Firestorm run-where you couldn't tell in either case they didn't want to do the books.

Probably start looking at OGNS like Beast Boy and Raven books. Because the comic book store will continue to be an issue and not just for her but MANY as the pushback continues to grow of folks not wanting certain books to exist or characters to grow.

So eventually what is best for business is to start bypassing the gatekeepers.

She can be the leader of a new group of "Global Guardians" going to human rights abuse hotspots and war zones, rescuing civilians, finding missing people, and stopping despotic rulers.

She can be the leader of a new group of "Global Guardians" going to human rights abuse hotspots and war zones, rescuing civilians, finding missing people, and stopping despotic rulers.
    For all of a couple of random cameos that lead to absolutely nothing before somebody eventually either reverts the GG to a more 'classic'/neutral status quo (and dumps Vixen) or tries to mine the GG for random cannon fodder.

I'm not against Vixen leading a team as she pretty much runs the Justice Foundation.

IMG_20231015_183343.jpg

More than likely making her the leader or co-leader of a Justice League team would sell more.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-15-2023 at 04:42 PM.

I would like to have Vixen join the Justice League. I think her powers are great and she still has a ton of untapped story potential.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!