Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be down for that .
    Hopefully James Gunn will do something with Vixen/Zambesi, and if he does and if it's good, it will spill over into the comics. I think he said everything he's doing at DC Studios will be canon across all mediums including comics.

Although I wonder if those Tomorrowverse movies that Vixen appears in are part of DC Studios' future plans or if they are considered their own thing at this point...
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 02-11-2023 at 10:58 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’ve been saying for the longest that they should bring the totems to the comics so that Vixen can have more villains unique to her. Like giving the fire totem to the Batwing version of Lion Mane or the Earth Totem to Red Lion.
    Seconding this.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was true. I could see them heavily revamping Zambesi if Grodd comes to the DCU. DC probably doesn’t want the only highly advanced African society to be populated entirely by talking Gorillas (Gorilla City).
    I think if they want a highly advanced African nation but avoid comparisons with Black Panther, their best bet is Dr Mist. Maybe after 9 centuries of guilt he finally manages to figure out a way to restore the lost city of Kor.

Yeah, it's disappointing that Gorilla City is the most prominent African location in the DCU. Although I think there are enough African characters (Dr Mist, Vixen, David Zavimbe, Freedom Beast and probably a few others I'm missing) who could form their own team like the Global Guardians or the 'Justice League of Africa'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Hopefully James Gunn will do something with Vixen/Zambesi, and if he does and if it's good, it will spill over into the comics. I think he said everything he's doing at DC Studios will be canon across all mediums including comics.

Although I wonder if those Tomorrowverse movies that Vixen appears in are part of DC Studios' future plans or if they are considered their own thing at this point...
    I’ve been quietly hoping that the DCU League has Vixen as one of the founding members. The Tomorrowverse does.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She’s also in the RWBY film:

Vixen as a fox fauna is hilarous. I like Teen Vixen and hoping DC does more with the concept in the future.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-11-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wasn't Zambesi a Republic and not a monarchy though?

I wouldn't mind if she was President or Prime Minister of her country though. Or maybe Queen in a Parliamentary system where someone is Prime Minister which could be interesting when it comes to exploring the colonial history.
    Crisis did change Vixen's back story a little. Her father was not just a peacher, he was also the newly elected president of Zambesi (they changed the name later). So I can see Vixen having some political intrigue.

Screenshot_20230211-151408_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211-151205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211-151229_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-11-2023 at 02:36 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

DC really, really, REALLY needs to do some world-building with Zambesi. I think the MOST world-building we've gotten for Zambesi so far came from the "Legends of Tomorrow" TV show and in "Vixen: The Movie" with all of the totems and everything. But nothing really in the comics.
    Why DC didn't start pumping out Vixen content expanding on Zambesi and Vixen's character mythos when the world was at the height of Wakanda/Black Panther fever after the movie, I'll never know.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Why DC didn't start pumping out Vixen content expanding on Zambesi and Vixen's character mythos when the world was at the height of Wakanda/Black Panther fever after the movie, I'll never know.
    Because they can never seem to know when to capitalize on something. Hell you think they’d start pushing Vixen now since Shuri has the mantle in the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'd rather ditch Zambesi and have Mari be from Ghana.

Because they can never seem to know when to capitalize on something. Hell you think they’d start pushing Vixen now since Shuri has the mantle in the MCU.
    That's to much like doing something RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Or when her cartoon was coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Crisis did change Vixen's back story a little. Her father was not just a peacher, he was also the newly elected president of Zambesi (they changed the name later). So I can see Vixen having some political intrigue.

Screenshot_20230211-151408_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211-151205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211-151229_Chrome.jpg
    Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy! I really think Vixen has a very versatile setup for stories. Depending on where we look in on her, it could be political intrigue 007 style but with superheroics; it could be globe trotting episodic fare using her modeling as a cover to access more difficult to reach persons; it can be straight up superheroing with one of her many affiliations; or it could be mentoring or community outreach based on her charity work as the highest paid supermodel or whatever. I can see her partnering with Starrware, Geoffrey Baron's outfit, the D'Ramis' Revson International, Thanagar or even the New Gods to push innovation in the name of public service. I could totally see her being about giving back and being very spicy and creative in doing so

Well there might be hope. Someone asked James if he likes Vixen and he responded with
    Yes a lot.
    https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...kWXGR1IUmBfY6w
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Well there might be hope. Someone asked James if he likes Vixen and he responded with https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...kWXGR1IUmBfY6w
    Hopefully, she shows up.

Well there might be hope. Someone asked James if he likes Vixen and he responded with https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...kWXGR1IUmBfY6w
    C’mon Gunn, put her in the founding lineup for the DCU JL! If they want to give Aquaman a rest after Momoa, she could take his place, but really just add her on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That's good news. When I asked him about Vixen a few months ago on Twitter, he never responded.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi