Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I doubt any healing factor she has currently has always been there, nor would it be as fast or extreme as Wolverine's.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I doubt any healing factor she has currently has always been there, nor would it be as fast or extreme as Wolverine's.
    Theoretically, since Vixen has always been able to enhance the abilities of the animals she mimics, her healing factor has probably always been impressive, but a lot of past writers never showed it or never wrote her powers to their fullest extent.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Not true, Vixen healing factor is just as good as Wolverines. May be better, because she can control hers and has many kinds. She can use worm healing and she has other magic ways to come back from nothing but her magic Totem.

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Not true, Vixen healing factor is just as good as Wolverines. May be better, because she can control hers and has many kinds. She can use worm healing and she has other magic ways to come back from nothing but her magic Totem.
    Has this actually happened in a story, or are you just theorizing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Except that Wolverine's healing factor is always on. Vixen would have to turn hers on for it to work -- so it's possible she would be disabled and not able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Except that Wolverine's healing factor is always on. Vixen would have to turn hers on for it to work -- so it's possible she would be disabled and not able to use it.
    Why wouldn't she be able to use any of her healing factors and be disabled? All she has to do is combine multiple healing factors from different animals to rapidly heal. Just like in an episode of Justice League Unlimited in which her arm was broken, and she immediately healed it by using the abilities of a lizard.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Why wouldn't she be able to use any of her healing factors and be disabled? All she has to do is combine multiple healing factors from different animals to rapidly heal. Just like in an episode of Justice League Unlimited in which her arm was broken, and she immediately healed it by using the abilities of a lizard.
    If she's knocked out, she's disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    If she's knocked out, she's disabled
    Since Vixen can regenerate while being DEAD (as seen in an issue of Steve Orlando's "Justice League of America" series from 2017), she shouldn't have any trouble regenerating while she's unconscious.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Since Vixen can regenerate while being DEAD (as seen in an issue of Steve Orlando's "Justice League of America" series from 2017), she shouldn't have any trouble regenerating while she's unconscious.
    Thats from that run. She doesnt (nor does any Super imo) needs to be all powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Thats from that run. She doesnt (nor does any Super imo) needs to be all powerful
    A lot of superheroes don't NEED to be anything, but they are. If I remember correctly, Wolverine's healing factor was nowhere near as powerful in the 1980s as it is today. I think it used to take weeks for him to heal from certain injuries, and now he can heal instantaneously. A lot of superheroes are made powerful over time (I think it's called "stat drift" or something like that). And I just saw a video where Superman just got a new power. I think this is just the nature of superhero comic books.

Plus, since Vixen can mimic the abilities of all animals, especially the ones that can regenerate entire bodies, it makes perfect sense that she can regenerate like that.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-05-2023 at 09:58 PM.

This reminds me of the discussions in the previous thread about a horror based story starring Vixen and whether she can survive without her head. Like, can she channel the power of a cockroach to survive without her head while carrying her own head around?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This reminds me of the discussions in the previous thread about a horror based story starring Vixen and whether she can survive without her head. Like, can she channel the power of a cockroach to survive without her head while carrying her own head around?
    I think she could survive, especially when she could just grow a new head, like a flatworm does.

Another year the discussions in Vixen's thread open the door for interesting stories DC doesn't want to tell.

But I would love a Black Label series or one-shot where Mari has lost her head and has to survive without it. Just something that stretches the possibilities of her powers.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member

The only way that should work is if she already was possessing powers of an animal with regeneration powers. Unless something has changed, she can't subconsciously or unconsciously turn on powers.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The only way that should work is if she already was possessing powers of an animal with regeneration powers. Unless something has changed, she can't subconsciously or unconsciously turn on powers.
    I don't know, maybe something DID change...

And on a related note, I do remember an episode of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" in which Vixen was mimicking the ability to stick to the ceiling like a spider while she was sleeping.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-06-2023 at 04:45 PM.